Ghastly's Ghastly Freebees. (Ghastly's Gizmo-trons)

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

I was installing your latest clothing and I needed to determine if GF2 could wear your clothing so I rendered this little picture.

GF2 with your shirt from shirt and skirt, high boots and your superfro. Her pants are basic wear. Used uberlights and your default textures. I really like the texture on the boots. Thanks so much for creating all of these clothes.

Render_29.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 447K
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

The MakeHuman Superfro has to be the most fun hair EVAR!

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

The MakeHuman Superfro has to be the most fun hair EVAR!

Yes it is. But boy is it weird to look at in the viewer. All those lines going every which way. It renders beautifully so you just have to do a leap of faith.

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Excellent, the DNS problem with my internet provider seems to have cleared up and now I can access ShareCG. I have put the proper geometry files into the zip and reuploaded it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72220/view/21/DAZ-Studio/In-The-Hood-Genesis-1-EDITED

All in working order now, Ghastly! Thanks!
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278
    edited December 1969

That would be great Ghastly and sorry about the problem with that program. Like I said, my problem trying to create right now is I don't know morphs and bones. I am working on a Halloween freebie right now and about to make my first attempt at cutting, flattening and mapping in Hexagon...lol...this should be fun.

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72350/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Wrap-Outfit-genesis-1

This is actually one of the very first outfits I made with the beta of Marvelous Designer.

wrap_outfit_800.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 74K
    edited December 1969
    riding_hood_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 253K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Cute outfit...gives me ideas...

Speaking of ideas, I just can't seem to keep my mitts off those nuns...I'm thinking I might need therapy or something.

By the way, I used your Zombie character for a piece I entered in the Bryce Forum Autumn/Halloween monthly contest. He turned out pretty well...but I admit I used a different texture that the one included. I needed something a little lighter for such a dark scene. Check it out if you're so inclined. In the meantime, get your snowshoes on.

Winter_Nun.jpg
    655 x 565 - 258K
    edited December 1969

Cool zombie render! And I'm glad you're enjoying making renders with the nun outfit.

I guess you could say it's becoming.... (puts on sunglasses) ....a habit

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Cough!, cough!, cough!. There was a lot of dust on that one. Hehe.
    Thanks for the riding hood freebie. Another great Ghastly product.:-)

edited December 1969

Time for your check up.

Here's a little outfit inspired by a geographical feature that's very quiet.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/72409/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Nurse-Genesis-1

ghastly_nurse_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 693K
    ghastly_nurse_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 696K
    ghastly_nurse_4.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 715K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278
    edited December 1969

Wow...love the nurse...well done.

edited December 1969

http://www.sharecg.com/v/72415/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Ghosts-genesis-1

A trio of ghosts. Bound Ghost, Clingy Ghost, and Skimpy Ghost. Just in time for Hallowe'en.

The Bound Ghost comes in two forms. One with finger rigging and one without. You'll probably mostly want to use the one without finger rigging and unless you're applying an opacity map to the shroud then you'll probably just want to turn the visibility of the genesis figure off.

ghosts_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 829K
    ghosts_1.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 864K
    ghosts_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 550K
    edited December 1969

Of course changing the materials on the bound ghost completely changes the flavour of the outfit.

kinky_ghost_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 454K
    kinky_ghost.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 481K
    edited December 1969

Made myself a new wallpaper out of the last two outfits.

kinky_ghost_7.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 388K
  • Suncat1Suncat1 Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

The ghosts kind of remind me of 13 ghosts for some reason XD. Nicely done outfits :)

edited October 2013

A very simple outfit made out of a single piece of fabric wrapped around the body.

Ghastly's One Piece Wrap

onepiece_wrap_800.jpg
    800 x 650 - 71K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
    edited December 1969

Ghastly's Tabard Dress

A skimptastic little exotic outfit.

tabard_3.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 117K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

ghastly, there is no readme included with the download(s). What's the terms of use?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

ghastly, there is no readme included with the download(s). What's the terms of use?
    All of his "terms of use" appear on the individual products pages.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

You do such interesting things Ghastly! May I ask what program(s) you use for your creative process? The one that says "One piece of cloth wrapped around ...." makes me think you have a program that can do some sort of sims or shrink wrapping. I wish ZBrush could do that!

edited December 1969

As far as usage goes, all my items are unrestricted use. You can even use them as a base to build your own models. Consider them like Public Domain.

The program I used to create these was the beta version of Marvelous Designer 3. I was going to buy MD2 but it was unavailable for sale but the beta of MD3 was free to use for a month. In that month I pretty much did nothing but make outfits and learn the software every waking hour thus I built up a huge catalogue of outfits, some simple like the one piece wrap and others more complex. You have to do a lot of post export work with a Marvelous Designer mesh to make a finished product but I didn't do any of that the month I had the free beta version.

Since they stopped all sales of MD2 during the beta I had a horrible sinking feeling that meant a drastic increase in price and it turns out I was correct, they more than doubled the price and that was for a stripped down version of MD3 that doesn't have all the features of MD2. When I read that it was used to make the digital clothing for the Hobbit I feared they were going to let that go to their heads and up the price. So I just cranked out outfit after outfit and figured I could worry about the post work after the beta period had ended.

This was fortunate because now at least I have a whole bunch of outfits to show for my diligent work debugging their software (if you think MD3 is buggy now you should have seen the first beta). So I'm going through the backlog and deciding which outfits are good enough to share.

I've literally got over 100 outfits I made with the software but the ones I made the first week are pretty crappy so will probably never be released. It took me awhile to switch my thinking over from a modeller to a dress maker as working with patters is very different from vert pushing. So the first few outfits won't be released because nobody would really want them. But after I got the hang of the software and was getting a better grasp of dressmaking the outfits got more complex and interesting.

The more complex the outfit the more post work is required to make it reader for release. Marvelous Designer is like home renovations. You do 90% of your work with 10% of your time then spend the remaining 90% of your time finishing the last 10% of your work. An outfit that took me an hour to make in MD could take me a day to do all the post export work needed on it. So I've probably got several months more work ahead of me wading through my backlog and getting the good outfits ready for release. Hopefully by the time I get my backlog finished they'll have realized the error in turning their back on the hobby market and will adjust their pricing back to MD2 levels. If not I'm sure someone will come out with a competing product, either commercial or open source for hobbyists.

In the meantime, enjoy the free outfits while they last.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I had a funny feeling it was MD and yea, I did read the reviews on it and the incredible price increase that's put off allot folks from supporting them further. I kinda hoping that DAZ3 would work out some sort of a deal with them to create native support within DAZ Studio and Carrara but with all these changes and new bugs I'm sure they are very happy to have gone with the other dynamics solution..... which I don't bother with.

edited December 1969

If you owned MD2 there's no reason to upgrade to MD3. The lowest priced version of MD3 is more than twice as much as MD2 cost you and has fewer features than MD2. Given that they promised MD2 users a quad mesh (then later tried to claim that it wasn't a promise but a "maybe") and won't be delivering that I'd have a very hard time trusting the company. Business wise they really don't seem like they have a clue what they're doing.

If MD3 had actually been released at a lower price then MD2 was I'm sure it would be flying off the digital shelves. Make the software $100 to $175 range and not only would modellers be buying it but I'm sure people who normally only buy content would be buying it too because they'd be able to make their own clothes for the cost of only a few outfits.

I'm certainly not going to pay for a subscription that costs more than MD2 did (sure, $20 a month sounds fine but you have to pay for an entire year at once) and I'm sure as hell not going to pay twice that for the permanent license when the company has already shown it will arbitrarily back out of promised upgrades.

edited December 1969

Ghastly's Ghastly Bunny

Creepy and skimptastic costume with posable ears and tail.

bunny_800.jpg
    800 x 658 - 48K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Just a quick test.

Tabard_Test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 686K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited October 2013

and another quick test.. lots of Ghastly's goodies all mixed up.

ghastlystuff.jpg
    530 x 700 - 182K
    Post edited by Teofa on
    edited December 1969

Neat! It's like a game of Spot The Ghastly!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this cool freebie.. ;-)

awesome

Bunny_2014.jpg
    450 x 800 - 306K
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Thanks for this cool freebie.. ;-)

awesome

Wow! That's an amazing mashup!