(Released) Sci-Fi Corner Iray and 3DL Building example 3Dl renders attached [Commercial]

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited December 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So I listened to some threads and feed back and I am including both Iray and 3DL from here on out. I know I lost some of you when I went wild for Iray, I still love it but it is a lot for normal PCs to take on. This also makes the set more useful in backgrounds since it wont be slowing you down. I created a one click loads all for both render engines as well as individual prop folders for each type and two Material folders, one for each. I will get some push back maybe, that it's to confusing to have all that. I want it so people will have total control and can switch between render engines or take the prop into another set with one click and not have to add the right materials. It took some extra time but if I can win some of you back it's all worth it. 

Main.jpg
1538 x 2000 - 3M
PopB.jpg
2038 x 1308 - 3M
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

That looks brilliant @Antman! Thank you for doing both Iray and 3Delight. smiley

I started out using Iray when I started learning Daz Studio a year ago, but I'm using 3Delight more and more nowadays because my machine is an iMac. I've invested quite a bit lately in 3Delight products (particularly lighting) and learning how to use them. I really appreciate sets with both versions. I'm one of those people who use both options. laugh

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Thanks for the 3Delight! It converts to Octane more easily in most cases. But I can't quit you even if you're only Iray 'cause your stuff is too good! Uh, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Thanks! It's good to hear input. I remember starting out and crashing my computer trying to push it beyond it's means. It's a lot more fun when you can actually use a product. ; )

PopM.jpg
    2000 x 1538 - 2M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    AntMan said:

So I listened to some threads and feed back and I am including both Iray and 3DL from here on out. I know I lost some of you when I went wild for Iray, I still love it but it is a lot for normal PCs to take on. This also makes the set more useful in backgrounds since it wont be slowing you down. I created a one click loads all for both render engines as well as individual prop folders for each type and two Material folders, one for each. I will get some push back maybe, that it's to confusing to have all that. I want it so people will have total control and can switch between render engines or take the prop into another set with one click and not have to add the right materials. It took some extra time but if I can win some of you back it's all worth it. 

I really appreciate your 3DL support! Thank you! Looks cool for sure;)

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This looks cool.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

Glad to see 3DL support :)

The set looks good !

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Nice.

Thanks! As soon as I can I will do a side by side render. My computer are not talking to each other right now. Not cool VPN!

edited November 2018

What's "side by side?" I'd like to see an overview render so I can see the entire set.

OT, you make great signs/logos (which I have collected), and I'd really like for you to release a set (or two) of several to help me build a cyberscape a la Ghost in the Machine, Blade Runner, Times Square. Three or four surfaces/material zones each would be ideal. 

Post edited by xyer0 on

so her is the one click "load all" and below it are the parts spaced out. Side by Side, I mean one rendered with 3DL and one with Iray so you can see not to much is really lost.

As for sign I was working on a set that would be more "route 66" highway stops, Gas, Hotel, matbe Bowling... but I never finished it People thought it would not sell.

Maybe more Sci-Fi looking ones would?

PopD.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 2M

Thanks for the "load all" render! Yes! I've been wanting a flatiron building like on Fifth Avenue, and this will work great with the sidepiece removed.

Sci-fi lighted sign package is what I'm looking for. But I have no idea if it would sell. It's just that those kinds of scenes are ubiquitous in cyberpunk sci-fi movies, but right now Daz/Pozerites would have to do it in post. You could change that.

I'll stack two buildings and hide the ground floor of the uppermost building in the top floor of the bottom building. Is this already in QA? So I can manage my funds.

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    AntMan said:

so her is the one click "load all" and below it are the parts spaced out. Side by Side, I mean one rendered with 3DL and one with Iray so you can see not to much is really lost.

As for sign I was working on a set that would be more "route 66" highway stops, Gas, Hotel, matbe Bowling... but I never finished it People thought it would not sell.

How much more work would it be to do both - that is, use the same mesh, but different mats for a SF or a "route 66" look? Maybe extra lights, or floating signs (by making poles vanish), for a future version. Just a thought. This looks great so far.

Xyer0, The sidewalk and road could be hidden by setting the texture zones to 100 transparent. As for signs, there could be some reusable parts for sure. Thanks.

PopA.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 2M
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    AntMan said:

and Burma Shave? laugh

Lookin' good. Can't wait.

• I definitely love this....always have been a fan of the gritty tekno future Bladerunner or 2099 feel!

I did not know today would be the day but the set is live and on sale. I hope you enjoy it and/or find it helpful when kit bashing with other wonderful set sold here. 

edited December 2018

3DL Renders shown here very fast and look great. These are unaltered except a color for the background. I hope this helps to decide if this set will be the right fit for you're runtime.

DS2.png
    910 x 1078 - 1M
    DS5.png
    910 x 1078 - 2M
    DS6.png
    910 x 1078 - 2M
    DS7.png
    910 x 1078 - 1M
    Post edited by AntMan on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Was happy to see this out today!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Thanks for reconsidering 3DL!  Although I like what Iray can do and wish I could make effective use of it, the lack of compatability with a large existing content library plus a few features not in Iray and a few other things has kept me on 3DL, so this is greatly appreciated.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    AntMan said:

3DL Renders shown here very fast and look great. These are unaltered except a color for the background. I hope this helps to decide if this set will be the right fit for you're runtime.

It did for me, purchased!

— Walt Sterdan

edited December 2018

Good to know 3DL folks are willing to forgive my PBR fascination.

3DL is no slouch, and at the speed it renders you have more time to take a second shot if the first one is a tiny bit off center. Iray is wonderful if you have the hardware but I want everyone to enjoy the set and it has Iray textures as well so there you go.

Post edited by AntMan on
  • Looks great!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Another one who thanks you for the 3DL materials. Lovely set.

It's mine! And at a steal thanks to the loyalty discount. Early adopter from now on.

• This looks like a welcome companion piece to your earlier Gothic City set. Very cool Lower Manhattan vibe. I think I know what I want for Christmas! ????

That's true. I think I have a thing for narrow buildings I blame the flat Iron Building in NYC. Or should I say Gotham. I'm glad folks like it, this type of set is a lot of fun to do.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

this will go even better with the black market alley :D

Sounds good Connect them all!

While I am posting Happy Holidays!

sfbuildHoliday.jpg
    2000 x 1538 - 1M