Please help with this pose

TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello to all; I would like the reins on this bridle to be in front of the horse like a figure is leading him...I can't get the reins over his head or through his body....and these are the only controls I can find....If anyone has an idea please tell me.......Thanks in advance Trish

bridle_help.jpg
1262 x 828 - 396K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

You may need to use one or more DForms - which horse armour is that?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

Richard; Its the Ceremonial Horse Armor.......can you point me to a tutorial or something I don't know what dform is........Thanks ok so I read the glossary of terms .....so I will be able to repose the reins with this mesh???

Post edited by Trish on
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

I think you want something like this:

(never mind Genesis or his pose, It's not about him)

I think this is a good tutorial on the D-Former feature:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEBV2GHJHA
    I went for another approach though.

HorseRein.jpg
    780 x 780 - 66K
    edited December 1969

tjeb; yes thank you that is what I want. I appreciate your help

edited December 1969

I used a rope from Bionicrooster. (free)
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/54282/browse/11/Poser/Easy-Pose-Rope
    (if you are not familiar with sharecg: you need a free account to download)

scaled it, to make it look a bit flat,
    gave it a curve, didn't spend to much time on this, (you can do better, though it's not easy)
    created a 'New Node Instance' (with 'copy selected item') so I have two.
    Went through my shaders for a leather-like one.
    On the bridle I made the reins invisble.

If there are parts in your scene that look a bit weird, (specially when you want your render to be a more close-up one)
    just do what Hollywood does: get it out of view by trying out other camera viewpoints, or putting an object in front of it.

(It's all make-believe.)

edited September 2013

tjeb; thanks for the help....I have an account there...I found an easier way.......da da ...just put the bridle in the scene by its self pose the darn thing then stick it in the horses mouth..Of course this is a simple bit compared to yours...It only took me 4 hours to figure this out........Trish

bridle5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 18K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Judging your first image, you don't even need a harness because of the armour.

I did this "Zhian-Lou warrior" in March:

Zhian-louWarrior980.jpg
    980 x 980 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Very nice!!! I was going to put Vicki in armor standing with the horse just haven't got that far yet......

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Would love to see it when you get done. Many people have groaned about the lack of suitable reins / bridle sets that reflect what the person is actually doing when on horseback, or leading a horse. If the bridle is showing, and there are "rings" on the side of the mouth that the bit attaches to, tilt them up slightly if the person is pulling back on the reins. (if you can.)

edited September 2013

tjeb said:
    I think you want something like this:

(never mind Genesis or his pose, It's not about him)

I think this is a good tutorial on the D-Former feature:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEBV2GHJHA
    I went for another approach though.

I assume you were just trying to show the reins, although you said to ignore Genesis, and not the bridle piece- so just want to know if you're aware your reins are attached to the halter instead of to the bit, and that piece below the eye goes up in front of the ears? It's called a browband. Correct placement is in attached photo. You probably knew that and meant to ignore everything except the reins, but just wanted to be sure...or you'd have a very happy, runaway horsie! Edit: and since your headset disappears into the side of the cheek, I am sure you were focusing on the reins.)

bridle.jpg
    740 x 1015 - 539K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I wás focussing on the reins.
    The whole scene was thrown together in a short time, more or less as a challenge to see if I could find a creative solution.

Thanks for clearing this up.
    I keep your image as a reference, if I want to do a scene in future where this would be appropriate.
    Although I usually do research by means of studying photographs on 'Google Images.'
    Even then you have to be careful not to mess up.
    Take this example:
    I know nothing about archery, so I studied some photographs to see the relationship between the arrow and the hand holding the bow in the middle..
    I was very satisfied with the result, until someone's comment in my gallery showed me I made a mistake...

PrWarrior_Sellra.jpg
    930 x 1190 - 207K
    edited December 1969

Been there, done that with the posing :) I had a vampire whose hand would be going through the wing with the way I had it posed!