Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.6, Now Available!

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 17
edited October 10 in The Commons

Daz 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of Daz Install Manager

 

  • Version: 1.2.0.6
  • Date: October 9, 2018

 

What is new in this version?

The 1.2.0.6 version makes improvements to, or fixes issues discovered since, the 1.1.0.100 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of DAZ Install Manager will be of this version.

 

Highlights:

 

1.2.0.6 (October 6, 2018)

  • Added Content Delivery Network (CDN) support
    • Dramatically improves download speeds for packages (< 500MB) that have been cached in your region of the globe
      • The first download in a given region will be slower than subsequent downloads in the same region, but still improved from previous versions
      • Packages that are larger than 500 MB are not cached on the CDN, so while downloads speeds for all packages has been improved, these packages will not be quite as fast as those that are smaller than 500 MB
  • Downloads are now performed in their own thread
    • This improves the responsiveness of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) for things like displaying progress
  • Downloads speeds are now displayed in bits per second instead of bytes per second
    • This now reflects the unit of measure used by the telecommunications industry (i.e., your internet service provider)
  • Added/Changed settings
    • The "Download To" setting on the Settings > Downloads page has been relabeled "Package Archive"
      • An option to "Restore Default" has been added to the context menu (right-click) for the field
    • Added a "Thumbnail Archive" setting to the Settings > Downloads page
      • Setting this value does not copy/move any previously downloaded thumbnail images to the newly specified location
      • An option to "Restore Default" is available in the context menu (right-click) for the field
    • Added a "Max Connections" setting to the Settings > Downloads page; this was previously hard-coded to 2 with no means to modify
      • Minimum: 1
      • Maximum: 6
      • Default: 4
    • Added a "Manifest Archive" setting to the Settings > Installation page
      • Setting this value does not copy/move the installation manifests of any previously installed packages to the newly specified location
      • Setting this value without copying/moving the installation manifests of any previously installed packages to the newly specified location will cause the application to "forget" what it has installed
      • An option to "Restore Default" is available in the context menu (right-click) for the field
      • You may need to click the Refresh button on the main window after changing this value
    • The "64 bit Software" setting on the Settings > Installation page has been relabeled "64-bit Software Base"
    • The "32 bit Software" setting on the Settings > Installation page has been relabeled "32-bit Software Base"
  • Added support for opening a post-install URL for first-time customers (i.e., new accounts)
    • Allows for a dynamic welcome message and/or follow on instructions
    • The post-install URL (if any) is provided by the store
  • Bug fixes:
    • Fixed an issue with operating system version logging on macOS 10.11 and later
    • Fixed an issue that was causing detection of macOS 10.14 (Mojave) to fail and the application to crash

 

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously installed the Install Manager application and the computer it is installed on is connected to the internet, you can simply launch the application and log into your account. Once connected, you will be notified that an update has been detected and you will be prompted to "Update" or "Work Offline". Click the "Update" button and the application will take care of the rest.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the application from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "Install Manager" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking one of the following links:

If this is your first time downloading and/or installing Install Manager, simply follow this link, click the "download free now" button on the page and then run the downloaded installer.

*Note: If you experience a crash during the uninstaller phase of the update, it is recommended that you download the installer from the Product Library (see above) and run it manually.

 

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Clicking the "Help" button in the top right corner of the application main window will launch your [default] browser to the same location.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
«1345

Comments

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 19,146

    I thought DIM was acting up saying there is a new version, but there is a new version.  Okay now to get ready for bed.

  • davesodaveso Posts: 1,543

    not sure, but it seems waaaay faster downloading

  • Nice thanks daz

  • Tim NTim N Posts: 179

    Kudos for these changes.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041
    daveso said:

    not sure, but it seems waaaay faster downloading

    It is (one of the changes they did) :" Dramatically improves download speeds for packages"

     

  • IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 71

    Download failed everything, could not download anything on this newest version of DIM..

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041
    Iamcaobin said:

    Download failed everything, could not download anything on this newest version of DIM..

    Did you real the instructions or help? Check the directory settings as this version has new options there,

  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 2,684
    edited October 10

    I got errors on install. Trying again.

    Downloaded manually and installed. Success.

    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • Yeah, I had to download manually. It worked, just type in manager in search field in your products library and hit filter. Download and install.

  • Updated OK for me, on Windows 110 and using the 64 bit version.

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 9,923

    It downloaded & installed fine for me but it didn't speed up downloads because my bandwidth was already always the problem anyway. I changed allowed dowload threads from 4 to 2 just becauuse it is 2 concurrent download threads that saturates my bandwidth.

    For some reason though after the upgrade install & restart it said that the latest DAZ Studio Beta was ready to be upgraded again but I checked the version & it seemed to be the version I had already 4.11.0.236. I upgraded again anyway though.

  • DS Public Build was updated to 4.11.0.236 an hour after the DIM update - so you could not have installed 4.11.0.236 with the old DIM, it would have demanded an update. The previous version was 4.11.0.231, only a small change in number which might easily be misread.

  • Silverwind3DSilverwind3D Posts: 3
    edited October 11

    Downloaded and installed fine on Win Vista 64 (yes... sad I know), but now I don't have an icon on my desktop to access it when I need to. Looked in the install folder and it comes up empty. Any help?

     

    Post edited by Silverwind3D on
  • Downloaded and installed fine on Win Vista 64 (yes... sad I know), but now I don't have an icon on my desktop to access it when I need to. Looked in the install folder and it comes up empty. Any help?

     

    Does it appear in the Start Menu?

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 9,923

    OK, somehow I misread the version number then when I wrote a ticket last week.

  • IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 71

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041
    Iamcaobin said:

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

    Do DIM have rights to write to those paths?

     

  • IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 71
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

    Do DIM have rights to write to those paths?

     

    Sorry I don't understand what's your mean..

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041
    Iamcaobin said:
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

    Do DIM have rights to write to those paths?

     

    Sorry I don't understand what's your mean..

    If you have told DIM to download to a certain directory and DIM is not allowed to write there (the user under which DIM is running dont have write access to the directory, problems can occur, but you can check that under the "cog" and show log. This will probably tell you why DIM fails downloading.

  • IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 71
    edited October 13
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

    Do DIM have rights to write to those paths?

     

    Sorry I don't understand what's your mean..

    If you have told DIM to download to a certain directory and DIM is not allowed to write there (the user under which DIM is running dont have write access to the directory, problems can occur, but you can check that under the "cog" and show log. This will probably tell you why DIM fails downloading.

    An update for Install Manager has been detected. To downloaded and install the update, click the "Update" button.  Once the download is complete, Install Manager will close and the update will begin.  Install Manager will relaunch once the update is complete. To continue using Install Manager without downloading or installing the update, click the "Work Offline" button.

    the upper dialog box appears when I login DIM then show me Install Manager could not download the update from the DAZ 3D store after I click UPDATE..

    Then couldn't download anything from products show up, I cut a little piece of the log below, please help:

    WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    Error connecting to CMS
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00050875_InstallManagerMac64.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "/var/folders/h7/hz213kr93s11041378mx3tz00000gn/T/DAZ3DInstallManager/IM00050875_InstallManagerMac64.zip.{734f0ca7-105c-8576-7339-50c80c03dd3b}.part": Operation canceled
    WARNING: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.
    Current Account: caobin
    Product 16280-5:Genesis 2 - DMC has no tags
    Processed 65 products with 124 unique product downloads
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00013176-04_DAZStudio410Mac64bit.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00004222-03_Hexagon25Mac.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00018869-04_PostgreSQLCMSMac64bit.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

    It seems like server address and port number problems but where can I find them?

    Post edited by Iamcaobin on
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896

    Well what ever DAZ did.. I'm guessing it has to do with conflicts between windows 10 and the version I'm using windows 7... In any case my Downloader no longer works and it can't even find the application to start..

  • I'm not aware that Windows versions shoudl make any difference. If you can't see the application try downloading the isntaller and runnign that diectly - it may be that someting caused the isntalaltion to fail (for example, if you left it working on the download and missed the fairly narrow window for approving itt o make changes to your PC when it completed).

  • AtiAti Posts: 5,590

    DIM said there was a new version. I said okay, update. I went away from the computer for a while. When I got back, DIM was not running. I started it again, and this time it did not say there's a new version, but it's still showing "1.1.0.100 (64-bit)"

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041

    I think if you have problems installing the update from within DIM, do the update from outside DIM, i.e. download the installer and run  it.

     

  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    Ati said:

    DIM said there was a new version. I said okay, update. I went away from the computer for a while. When I got back, DIM was not running. I started it again, and this time it did not say there's a new version, but it's still showing "1.1.0.100 (64-bit)"

    I was having the same issue.. I had to complete reverse the install by diong a system restore.

  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896

    So attached is the screen capture of the error I got on installation.. I took the advice given and had to do a clean install from a link on my sales reciept to the DIM installation program and thats worked for me ...

    dazerror.jpg
    607 x 229 - 29K
  • SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    Totte said:

    I think if you have problems installing the update from within DIM, do the update from outside DIM, i.e. download the installer and run  it.

     

    Yep.. that did the trick for me..

  • Ati said:

    DIM said there was a new version. I said okay, update. I went away from the computer for a while. When I got back, DIM was not running. I started it again, and this time it did not say there's a new version, but it's still showing "1.1.0.100 (64-bit)"

    If you left it before the UAC prompt, for Windows at least and I assume Macs have an equivalent, then it would time-out and fail to update, after which it would not check for updates again until the next day - or until you held down ctrl/cmd and clicked the refresh button.

  • TotteTotte Posts: 10,041
    Ati said:

    DIM said there was a new version. I said okay, update. I went away from the computer for a while. When I got back, DIM was not running. I started it again, and this time it did not say there's a new version, but it's still showing "1.1.0.100 (64-bit)"

    If you left it before the UAC prompt, for Windows at least and I assume Macs have an equivalent, then it would time-out and fail to update, after which it would not check for updates again until the next day - or until you held down ctrl/cmd and clicked the refresh button.

    On Mac OS X, if you wait too long (> 3 min aprox) the Authentication request times out yes.

     

  • IamcaobinIamcaobin Posts: 71
    Iamcaobin said:
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:
    Totte said:
    Iamcaobin said:

    I've got the newest version of 1.2.0.6 of Daz Install Manager on Mojave but it download failed everything, could not download anything, I changed the directory path.. because it 's custom for me, but could not download anything even all directory path and settings by default..

    Please help!!

    Do DIM have rights to write to those paths?

     

    Sorry I don't understand what's your mean..

    If you have told DIM to download to a certain directory and DIM is not allowed to write there (the user under which DIM is running dont have write access to the directory, problems can occur, but you can check that under the "cog" and show log. This will probably tell you why DIM fails downloading.

    An update for Install Manager has been detected. To downloaded and install the update, click the "Update" button.  Once the download is complete, Install Manager will close and the update will begin.  Install Manager will relaunch once the update is complete. To continue using Install Manager without downloading or installing the update, click the "Work Offline" button.

    the upper dialog box appears when I login DIM then show me Install Manager could not download the update from the DAZ 3D store after I click UPDATE..

    Then couldn't download anything from products show up, I cut a little piece of the log below, please help:

    WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    WARNING: /src/dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
    Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
    Error connecting to CMS
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00050875_InstallManagerMac64.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "/var/folders/h7/hz213kr93s11041378mx3tz00000gn/T/DAZ3DInstallManager/IM00050875_InstallManagerMac64.zip.{734f0ca7-105c-8576-7339-50c80c03dd3b}.part": Operation canceled
    WARNING: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.
    Current Account: caobin
    Product 16280-5:Genesis 2 - DMC has no tags
    Processed 65 products with 124 unique product downloads
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00013176-04_DAZStudio410Mac64bit.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00004222-03_Hexagon25Mac.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: Error while downloading to file "IM00018869-04_PostgreSQLCMSMac64bit.zip", error - 403 : Forbidden
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": Operation canceled
    WARNING: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

    It seems like server address and port number problems but where can I find them?

    Somebody please help me..

Sign In or Register to comment.