[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Does the volume for the sim have to be a cube? Still thinking about streams and so on, which might be quicker and easier to manage if it could be narrowed to just enclose the watercourse.

Of course, the volume can be any close mesh you wish.

However, if you want to simulate a stream, it's easier and better to use a Source (it's an input of fluid).

Sorel said:

I have another inquiry. Would this be able to do something like sweat?

I didn't try that, but I think it's possible.

craying1d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 676K
  • Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited August 2018

wow the Tears are great.

Is there a more exact release date?

Post edited by Twilight76 on

wow the Tears are great.

Is there a more exact release date?

No, but I think it will be released very soon.

Sorel said:
    Another question, is it possible to make rain with this?

I did a first example of rain animation.

• Alberto said:

Does the volume for the sim have to be a cube? Still thinking about streams and so on, which might be quicker and easier to manage if it could be narrowed to just enclose the watercourse.

However, if you want to simulate a stream, it's easier and better to use a Source (it's an input of fluid).

Well, I was thinking more of flat terraisn that have a watercourse running throught them - geenrally they have generic ripple patterns that don't take account of the shape of the banks, I'm hoping this wil allow for soemthign more natural looking but it doesn't necessarily have to move downhill, and may not be able to depending on the shape..

edited August 2018
    Alberto said:

Well, I was thinking more of flat terraisn that have a watercourse running throught them - geenrally they have generic ripple patterns that don't take account of the shape of the banks, I'm hoping this wil allow for soemthign more natural looking but it doesn't necessarily have to move downhill, and may not be able to depending on the shape..

I understand. Then, a cube primitive as fluid is the best solution.

For the plugin, the solid objects have precedence over the fluid objects; thus, if you overlap a cube (the fluid) with the terrain (the solid), the fluid will appear only in the free of solid space.

Post edited by Alberto on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I'm getting more excited for this :D

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:
    Alberto said:
    Timotheus said:

Sign me up, too. I am particularly impressed with and interested in the support for making footprints in snow --  on top of all the more obvious uses for simulating and animating fluids. 

This is very easy. Fluidos have an option for Viscosity. A very high viscosity value do the effect. What you see in the second demo video, the genesis figure walking on the snow, is precisely the procedure. I used baked aniblocks, the figure walked on the fluid along simulation, and the footprints formed naturally, as in real life. 

How about a scenario involving wind? Is there any way to simulate wind blowing snow?

Very interesting question!

There are four types of forces implemented in Fluidos for Daz Studio: gravitational, point, torque and surface forces. Although the wind can be simulated with some of these forces, it could be tricky.

However, in the internals of the plugin there is a Flow force I didn't enabled by now to avoid to complicate the usage with more properties. But this would be good for wind simulation.

If you are interested, I could implement flow force in the next free update. 

Thanks, Alberto. I would definitely be interested!

• Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

I understand. Then, a cube primitive as fluid is the best solution.

For the plugin, the solid objects have precedence over the fluid objects; thus, if you overlap a cube (the fluid) with the terrain (the solid), the fluid will appear only in the free of solid space.

Thanks, I think I've got it now.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Maybe I missed part of this thread. How do I actually use this for still renders?

Do I start the simulation/animation and stop it at a certain frame?

And render from there?

Maybe I missed part of this thread. How do I actually use this for still renders?

Do I start the simulation/animation and stop it at a certain frame?

And render from there?

Yes, it's just as you've said. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

It's here!

Splish, splash, time to play!

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited August 2018

Can you do something like slime or mucus pulling hand back off of body or surface like in horror movies ?  or possibly sneazing. 

Post edited by Lasserine on
    Lasserine said:

Can you do something like slime or mucus pulling hand back off of body or surface like in horror movies ?  or possibly sneazing. 

I didn't try those effects, but enabling viscosity for fluids could do something similar to slime and mucus.
    Sneazing could be simulated by producing a fast stream with a Source, enabling diffuse particles. Next, in the Mesher (the visualizer of results) enabling diffuse particles too; this should show an aerosol effect as occurs in sneeze.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Grabbed it today, can' wait to try it!

edited August 2018

I'm trying to load either of the included scene files and I'm getting these errors:

Looks like something went wrong with the download files (redownload and reinstall did not fix it) on the manual download.

scene 1 error.jpg
    470 x 304 - 34K
    scene 2 error.jpg
    470 x 304 - 36K
    Post edited by Nath on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    Nath said:

I'm trying to load either of the included scene files and I'm getting these errors:

Looks like something went wrong with the download files (redownload and reinstall did not fix it) on the manual download.

I get those errors pretty often, isn't nothing bad, the scene will work fine!

Nath said:

Sorry, those files have errors.

Here you can download the right files.

Scene 1

Scene 2 

Imago said:
    Nath said:

Yes, the scene works, except that the user would have to Create a Mesher for the scene (the files in the previous post has the Mesher added).

Alberto said:
    Imago said:
    Nath said:

Yes, the scene works, except that the user would have to Create a Mesher for the scene (the files in the previous post has the Mesher added).

There's a mesher there now. Thanks! Now I'll go read the manual and watch the tuts and see how this thing works LOL

• REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 70

hello 

where is the abFluidos.dll.

where i put my serial.

don't work for me. see you

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

This is amazing, its in the basket :)

Really looking forward using this.

• I bought this.  I see there is a tutorial when I downloaded it with DIM.  How do i view the tutorial?

edited August 2018
    REIVAX said:

hello 

where is the abFluidos.dll.

where i put my serial.

don't work for me. see you

solved now

not explicit you need use dim to install .....lol

i don't like this dim

Post edited by REIVAX on
    edited August 2018

Post edited by REIVAX on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324

I see the product in the store,  would really like to see a tutorial for this now as well.

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2018

Wow, thank you for you developing this plugin. I would buy this just to support your efforts and any future updates/improvments.

I have great respect for plugin developers----I believe they need more love and encouragement from us, as I know just how arduous and toilsome the coding can be. I really hope this sells well for you so you will do a 2.0 version in the future.

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • Nice! I need to try this one, pool scenes and destruction scenarios will be amazing with this!

I magine all the blood I can make with this one, haha. Well, sorry, I'm trying to make a comic that has caos and some violence and this opens the door for realistic blood and other stuff on cross-fire scenes on a chemical warehouse, police story clichés...

But I have 3 big questions question

1. Can I freeze specyfic momment of the simulation and distribute it's stages along the scene? I mean like using specyfic frames as objects to distribute on a panel when bullets pierce a tank, imagine it is for panels on a regular comic.

2. Can export a frame as an obj? Some stuff I render in modo and many times I borrow content from DS :P

2. Does it run on 4.9? I was having horrible problems on 4.10 because the viewport is kinda broken, I use a lot the view aim and I had to roll back to 4.9 to not lose my mind...

Also, your store link is broken in the product page, the link on the product takes us to https://www.daz3d.com/alvin-bémar, error 404, but your store is working on https://www.daz3d.com/alvin-bemar

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Those of you who have bought this, please post examples.  I might pick it up tommorrow.  I've never done animations with DAZ, so I'm not sure how long it will take me to learn.  I would be using it for still images though,