[Just Released] Ancient Mystical Forest (Commercial)

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
edited August 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,

I've been away for a while attending to some other matters. But I've managed to finally complete this environment set during my spare time. 

Let me know if you have any questions. And as always, comments/inputs are welcomed.

Hope you all like it!

-P

Ease of use married to beauty: What you’ve come to expect from The Philosopher!

Ancient Mystical Forest is a complete environmental package, repleat with everything needed to render stunning images out of the box, including a rich high detail landscape, trees, foliage objects, lighting, atmospheric effects, and cameras. What you see in the promos is what you get! Any of the promos can be reproduced in minutes by simply loading the respective camera and pressing ‘render.’

And yes, it is massive! Measuring 1,000 x 1,000 meters square and 30 million effective polygons, there is plenty of landscape here to set you’re story to. And thanks to a special instancing feature, the viewport is just as fast and snappy as a scene with only 250k polygons (because that is what the computer actually sees). Yes that’s right, 30 million polygons packed in a super-fast low latency scene! So nice!

PDF user guide included with instructions on how to scatter your own objects on the terrain (distributions maps included!)

*Recommended GPU: 970 or greater.
*Recommended scatter plugin (for scattering additional foliage from your library): Ultrascatter 

01-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-MAIN.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
03-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Raft-River.jpg
2800 x 700 - 1M
04-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Themes.jpg
2800 x 800 - 1M
05-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Top-Down.jpg
2800 x 700 - 2M
06-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Eagle.jpg
1500 x 1300 - 1M
07-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Snake.jpg
1500 x 1120 - 852K
08-Ancient-Mystical-Forest.jpg
2100 x 800 - 928K
09-Ancient-Mystical-Forest.jpg
2000 x 862 - 963K
11-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Clay.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 1M
13-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Owen-Sword.jpg
1200 x 700 - 573K
08-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Owen-Horse.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 1M
12-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Visual-Aids.jpg
2000 x 1000 - 2M
03-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Journey.jpg
2400 x 800 - 2M
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow!  That's just gorgeous!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Cannot think how I would use this at present but it looks too great to pass up. Making room for it in shopping cart.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Looks amazing

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

ohh, nice!

suggest an add-on that scales the distance between trunks down a little, and transforms it into a bamboo grove. 

• Looks good

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

Lovely!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Great googamooga!! o.O

Laurie

• Added promo: 

03-Ancient-Mystical-Forest-Journey.jpg
    2400 x 800 - 2M
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Eagerly awaiting this! 

For future add-ons, suggesting lots of wines hanging from the trees. May kit-bash this at launch with some vines and plants form other products for close ups, but the ambience of the fog, and the huge trees give this a massive sense of scale, really is the ancient forest! Awesome work, can't wait to purchase it!

• Awesome product Philospher, I can totally see doing "Never ending story" or "LOTR" type renders with this set, I love how you figured out how to maintain fast viewport speeds with millions of polygons / instances, now I have to figure it out wink, love the foggy atmosphere too, goin' in the old shopping cart...!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Quite spectacular! I've seen less atmosphere in some Ridley Scott movies.  I eagerly await further developments. 

Will I be able to use the atmoshere props in other environments?

Cheers,

Alex.

• Definitely looking forward to this set!

• Added promo: 

Will I be able to use the atmoshere props in other environments?

Cheers,

Alex.

Yes, you could totally gut the set (less the lighting and atmosphere) and start from scratch with your own set. The atmosphere will remain. yes

-P

• MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

Wow,so innovative and useful. Wonderful promo images. This is getting dangerously close to the 'Make Art' button.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited August 2018

Oh boy. My laptop can't handle big sceneries, but this looks very promising - especially since I have a lot of big dinosaurs and mechs in need of forest environs. I can already see HH's Tyrannosaurs rex lurking in this forest. I'm very tempted to pick this one up on release. Very nice.

Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • LIKLIK Posts: 121
    jardine said:

ohh, nice!

suggest an add-on that scales the distance between trunks down a little, and transforms it into a bamboo grove. 

I agree, a bamboo grove would be great! I would definitely buy it. ;-)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited August 2018

Hmm, looks nice, but I'm sceptical that the finished product will look nearly as good as those promotional-

Oh, wait! It's a Philosopher product! This will be outstanding!

And I actually have a project this could be incredibly relevant for!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • It's about time someone came up with this.  You see forests like this all the time in the movies.  Great Job!

• That's amazing! Another wonderful set!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I've been wanting a forest; HDR will do for backdrops when distant; not found one suitable.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Couple of questions, well two, to be precise:

Are the leaves modelled or transmapped?

Would it be tedious to convert mats to 3DL?

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2018

It should be fairly straightforward to convert the mats to 3DL. There are no funky maps like subsurface scattering, dual lobe, etc... Rather, it's all your basic diffuse, bump, normal, etc...The only one that might be difficult is the atmosphere... As for the leaves, they are part of the terrain object.

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

It should be fairly straightforward to convert the mats to 3DL. There are no funky maps like subsurface scattering, dual lobe, etc... Rather, it's all your basic diffuse, bump, normal, etc...The only one that might be difficult is the atmosphere... As for the leaves, they are part of the terrain object.

-P

Thanks. that's great news, sure looks nicesmiley

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    Looks fantastic. I love the insight you've given with this post.
  • Very nice!

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

It's about time someone came up with this.  You see forests like this all the time in the movies.  Great Job!

Absolutely agree. I know there are other forest environments out there, but it looks like this one nicely fills a much-needed niche. Looking forward to getting my hands on this!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Nice work and great looking promos

• Just released this morning yes

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I have Vue and yet I still want to buy this. It looks so perfect, so simple, so easy, loads with that hard-to-get-in-Daz atmosphere directly in Daz, so great for use with Daz models. On the other hand, I bought a ridiculously expensive piece of software partially for its atmospheric effects... and PA sale soon... Such a tough decision. 

• "Brave Sir Robin ran away.
    ("No!")
    Bravely ran away away.
    ("I didn't!")
    When danger reared it's ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.
    ("I never!")
    Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out.
    ("You're lying!")
    Swiftly taking to his feet,
    He beat a very brave retreat.
    Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!"

Nah, I can't imagine how I'd use the thing.

It's in my cart. :P