Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited February 2019
    barbult said:

Perhaps there is a slight error in the rigging of the eyes in this character.

Real humans only seem to radically side-eye when they are partially closing their eyes or opening them really wide. I've never seen a base figure I worked heavily with (Aiko 3, M4/V4, Genesis 3) that didn't look kind of odd with the side-side movement on the eyes pushed as far as it would go. I think the relatively narrow corners on Danior's eyes may emphasize the fact that the Daz figures get this wrong pretty consistently, but to me it's not a problem specific to this character.

if you have eye morphs that tweak the corners of the eyes, you might find something that helps. Otherwise you could try opening or closing his eyes slightly using the pose dials.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    barbult said:

I've been using 4.11. Beta since it came out, updating each time there is a new Beta release. It works fine with my GTX 980 Ti. I am very happy with it.

Edit: As Rich says, it runs fine on the same computer with 4.10.0.123, the last 4.10 release. I can run either 4.10 or 4.11, whichever I choose at the time.

So how do I find 4.11?  I'm not sure if that page I linked is the 4.10 or the 4.11.....

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited February 2019
    Novica said:

Hmmm, I hate it when I start thinking. I am still using Studio 4.10 and as always, I want to keep a copy of it before I switch to the 4.11 (beta) sometime in the future. When I type in the studio in Product Library, I get this page and is it the 4.10? It says it's compatible but does that mean it is IT? 

Not sure I want to switch to 4.11 as I am reading how the Nvidia cards aren't playing well with it and it requires updating drivers, etc. What are your experiences? My 4.10 hasn't crashed in awhile, although I haven't been doing much rendering.

I have both 410 DAZ Studio Pro 4.10.x Released and DAZ Studio Pro 4.11.x BETA and can switch back & forth between them, open and save the same scenes & other files with them, and they both share exactly the same content libraries on my PC.

I usually use DAZ Studio Pro 4.11 BETA though. However when the DAZ Studio 4.11.x BETA originally came out that backfired on me for a few months as I could no longer use dForce with 4.11. The bonus is in 4.10 the viewport user interface was made useless to me after working good enough in 4.9 but in 4.11 I could again use it.

Also, I was testing 4.10 for you as it had been a long while since i used it or gotten an update and I was rendering Jesse from Phx66 over at Rendo and it has visible seams that are DS 4.10.x bugs so I close DS 4.10.x & open the same scene unchanged in DS 4.11.x and render and the visible seems are gone. So DS 4.11.x does have substantial bugs fixes compared to DS 4.10.x. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2019

How do I get the latest BETA version?

If this is your first time downloading Daz Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the "ADD TO CART" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

If you have previously added the Daz Studio Pro BETA product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio * Public Build" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

*Note: Install Manager provides a "Public Build" download filter that is disabled by default. You must enable this download filter to see packages that are tagged PublicBuild in your Ready to Download list.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install the BETA from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio Pro BETA" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "DOWNLOAD & INSTALL" button.

*Note: The BETA version of Daz Studio is not available as a standalone installer—it must be downloaded and installed using Install Manager. This does not impact the General Release, which will be made available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

I also use both but I am slowly moving over more and more to the 4.11.  The problems people are having at the moment seem to be coming from the newest drivers from Nvidea.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I have installed the beta, but I tend to have trouble with the beta recognizing some of my morphs. I have it able to find daz studio, but it throws an error when I open my characters syaing morphs ar emissing- even though they are present.

Is there a solution? I'd rather use 4.11 but the missing files/morphs error, means I can't use my chosen characters.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    Do you have all of your content libraries mapped in the content directory manager? Beta has separate preferences from the release version.

Yeah, its all mapped as far I can tell. I only have one daz 3d folder. And its pointed at it. It just can't find my morphs for G8M.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I have installed the beta, but I tend to have trouble with the beta recognizing some of my morphs. I have it able to find daz studio, but it throws an error when I open my characters syaing morphs ar emissing- even though they are present.

Is there a solution? I'd rather use 4.11 but the missing files/morphs error, means I can't use my chosen characters.

Double check that your path names for the Content Manager for both Poser format & DAZ format content are the same for both versions of DAZ Studio.

Also, if you are using the DAZ Connect, if I remember right when I first installed DS with it it tried to put all the DAZ Connect files in the default  DAZ Studio sub folder in Documents rather then as  a sub-folder of my existing DAZ Content Library content folder. So make sure that those also match up between versions of your DAZ Studio too.

However your errors sound more like freebies that weren't packaged correctly then problems with DAZ 3D Store content or DAZ Studio 4.11 itself.

I think it is looking for connect files. I don't intentionally use connect, but perhaps at one point I did by mistake. The morphs it wants are all DAZ Store purchased, but I have those files installed the regular way.

I couldn't ever get it to find those files, or recognized them. So, oddly what worked is I went to 4.10 saved the character as a preset. Loaded the character in 4.11 zeroed his shape and applied the preset. I saved it, and now 4.11 likes it. I'm going to have to see if they are exactly the same but, It looks okay to me, and is no longer looking for those files...

This is Elsa, by Virtual World

She is a really lovely character.

edited February 2019

This is Elsa, by Virtual World

She is a really lovely character.

Totally! Your render does her justice, very nice!

Post edited by Novica on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    barbult said:

I've been using 4.11. Beta since it came out, updating each time there is a new Beta release. It works fine with my GTX 980 Ti. I am very happy with it.

Edit: As Rich says, it runs fine on the same computer with 4.10.0.123, the last 4.10 release. I can run either 4.10 or 4.11, whichever I choose at the time.

Do you happen to use custom categories?  If so, did you have any problems importing your user data file and using it with 4.11?

gitika1 said:
    barbult said:

Do you happen to use custom categories?  If so, did you have any problems importing your user data file and using it with 4.11?

I have a huge custom category structure and I have no problem using it with 4.11.  I will say, that if you add to your custom categories in 4.10 it will automatically show up in 4.11. However, if you add it in 4.11 it will NOT transfer automatically to 4.10

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited February 2019

Genesis 1 (Deacon*, with Orion hair, the coat from Corsair for Genesis; with Painter's lights*, and the iray uber base slapped on everything). It's worth delving into the depths of my runtime sometimes laugh

(* no longer in the store)

genesis 1 deacon.png
    1283 x 893 - 1M
    Post edited by Nath on
    Nath said:

Genesis 1 (Deacon*, with Orion hair, the coat from Corsair for Genesis; with Painter's lights*, and the iray uber base slapped on everything). It's worth delving into the depths of my runtime sometimes laugh

(* no longer in the store)

Love this

Looks really good,  the stubble looks very realistic. I didn't know Painter's Lights weren't in the store any more. Who made those?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Novica said:

Looks really good,  the stubble looks very realistic. I didn't know Painter's Lights weren't in the store any more. Who made those?

There are some very good textures hiding in the older stuff.

According to the wiki, Painter's lights are by j.cade

edited February 2019

GypsyAngel's Sawyer for G3M, almost my only purchase from the PC for a Day sale. GA's skins always seem to be optimized for a lighting scheme rather different from what I use, so I used JM HumanShader, which I picked up on fastgrab a couple years ago, and is my go-to for tweaking human and animal skins in Iray in cases when I want to hold onto the bump/spec maps rather than using Anagenessis (which plugs the diffuse maps into every possible channel as a way of speeding up renders). Please note that this is not the same thing as JavierMicheal's HumanReshade, which automates the whole process of applying different shaders to different surfaces, but only to the Genesis 3 characters. 

Background is Dovecote Folly, picked up as a weekly freebie a few years ago, outfit is G2M Regency, converted with Wear Them All for G3M, and with the Country Gentleman texture set (no longer in store for some reason?) For the record this is not an outfit that cooperates well with bulky men, anymore than its real-world counterparts did: I had to use all kinds of adjustment dials on the clothing itself plus the Demuscler projection morphs to make it work. Jacket buttons ended up floating out in mid-air (not visible from this angle), but I don't know whether that's the pose, a side effect of the conversion, or what. Hair is Ersa from the Rendo Store, by 3Dream and Mairy, dates from V4 era. Hair textures are the Backlight Shaders - note, I had to postwork out some clothing pokethrough, and ended up painting over some overly bright highlights in the hair as well.

Sawyer_Regency.jpg
    2880 x 1620 - 4M
    Post edited by Odaa on
    Odaa said:

Hair is Ersa from the Rendo Store, by 3Dream and Mairy, dates from V4 era. Hair textures are the Backlight Shaders - note, I had to postwork out some clothing pokethrough, and ended up painting over some overly bright highlights in the hair as well.

Your efforts paid off, you certainly paid attention to details with the pokethrough.  I love 3Dream/Mairy hair, wish there were Genesis 8 Hair by them (I don't belive there is.)   The Dovecoat Folly looks like a good time period piece for that to go with that outfit. Nicely done!

edited February 2019

Tasi For Genesis 3 Female       Legacie Hair (Gen2/ Gen3/ V4)     Fenix Outfit (Gen3F)

I picked Tasi up for $7.18 a few days ago (Feb 23)  and could have gotten her for  that also in November,  sadly missed the $5.39 on July 1st, so she does "dip" in the chart every 3-4 months.  So you have July $5.39, then a four month wait, then a three month wait, the latter two for a $7 price.

Edit- it's Fenix Outfit.

Look at this gallery image for the Legacie Hair.  I actually found the hair for use on Tasi because I did the Daemon Outfit on a previous character (coming next.) 

So just to show postwork options, click back and forth between the first two faces and see if you like the lighter (first one) or darker version better. They will (as usual) open in new windows, then just X to close. I personally like the darker, due to the eyes. They're more piercing.

Click to enlarge, this is 600 px tall and the original is 1200px.

Tasi 2A.png
    800 x 900 - 2M
    Tasi BA.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    Tasi 4.png
    400 x 1200 - 915K
    Tasi 5.png
    400 x 700 - 518K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Your welcome Glad to be of help

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

I like the darker version too - more dramatic shadows in the hair.

Novica said:
    Odaa said:

Hair is Ersa from the Rendo Store, by 3Dream and Mairy, dates from V4 era. Hair textures are the Backlight Shaders - note, I had to postwork out some clothing pokethrough, and ended up painting over some overly bright highlights in the hair as well.

Your efforts paid off, you certainly paid attention to details with the pokethrough.  I love 3Dream/Mairy hair, wish there were Genesis 8 Hair by them (I don't belive there is.)   The Dovecoat Folly looks like a good time period piece for that to go with that outfit. Nicely done!

Thank you, Novica! I like the lighter of the two closeups of Tasi, but the computer I am on at the moment has the monitors set rather dark, so that may be why. That PA's characters always have so much sass and personality!

edited March 2019

"Please @Novica, can't I go home with you to sunny Florida? It's been a long cold winter for a cactus in the north? Pretty please??"

rabbicus in the snow.jpg
    900 x 720 - 761K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

I'm in Florida, too. Weather is GREAT here right now. Just don't come in the summer!

I do not like heat, so Florida is definitely not on my list for summer! We head to NW Washington State instead.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

It's all relative.  We're in NJ and it's currently 20° and snowing.  A friend spent her two week Christmas vacation in a settlement on the Northwest end of Hudson's Bay in Canada working with some disadvantaged Inuit children.  She was disappointed it only got down to -45°C.  Getting her email made NJ seem tropical. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Today in Saskatchewan Canada it is -23F real feel -43F and it has been like this vor the entire month of February and end of January, looks like it will last at least another week or so before we see something a bit warmer.

This discussion has been closed.