Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

With all the Genesis morphs do you have that error or just some?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

All the ones I've tried give that error.  Ironically I only wanted to separate one particular morph into a head/body but have tried many other morphs in testing and get the same error.

edited November 2018

- Finally you could try the tab weight map, to see if it sends you the same message, This is loading D-Former Presets for Nose, and see if it works, so you could send a preset of the head so you can work on your project.
    - Another option is to download the script (x-morphs)again, maybe it's damaged
    - If you can record the video, it would also be helpful to see if I can see the problem.

- And also upload the DAZ Studio log, to see if there is anything that can help me identify the error.

Post edited by CGI3DM on

The weight map tab doesn't give the error message, seems to do... something, though I'm not sure what.  I don't really understand how to use this tab though, or how I'm supposed to setup a weightmap/deformer for just the body of the morph.  Also the morph I'm trying to get would be a body morph for Steph5, so I need the head adjustment for height once I've got the morph too.  Just not sure how to proceed.  

I did try downloading X-morphs and installing it again, but the same error continues.

I have been doing several tests but I can not generate the error.
    You could also try the other options of:
    Material: Select SkinHead
    Cutting Plane: Click Create Plane Vertical
    Vertex: if possible also this, Polygon / Faces, select some faces from the Pane Geometry Editor.
    And send me the DAZ Studio log.

Thanks.

I appreciate the many attempts to follow up and help, but at this point I'm just too lazy, it was starting to feel like actual work and I don't know even how to generate a log (I'm not that technical).  But I have several other computers that I don't use for this, so I just decided to use one of my Win7 laptops that has never been used for rendering, did a fresh install of Studio, Genesis1, Stephanie 5, as well as the character in question, installed X-morphs, and looks like it's working fine.  I'll just save out the morph from there and get it to my primary render workstation via thumbdrive.  :)

I'm glad that the product has worked, even if it's on another computer.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556

Thank you very much for this script !

Now I can divide head and body parts from the RawArt's creatures.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited December 2018
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    (What are islands and why are they important?)

UV Islands? If so that's a standard 3D term, it means an area of the UV map that isn't attached to anything else on the map, regardless of the way the actual model is connected.

And thereby demonstrating exactly what I meant when I wrote: "all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place."  I trained classically as a painter/photographer long before things like Photoshop and modern 3D modeling programs were available and only got seriously into Poser/DAZ after the launch of Genesis/DS4... and guess how often "UV islands" are mentioned in any DAZ literature or on the Documentation Center?  And needless to say, given that the menu in question just says "Islands," not "UV Islands," you can guess what the results are when one googles "DAZ Islands", "3D Islands," "Poser Islands," etc.  :)   After a while of that I did uncover the term Geometry Island which, while sounding more like a place that arithmatically challenged young boys are sent against their will, seemed to fit but one never knows...    

I totally agree, I've stopped asking questions here because, all too often, you just get jargon thrown back at you with the attitude that you're stupid if you don't already know the answer or you get someone with no clue giving you wrong information because they didn't bother to read what you asked. Proper user manuals should be a requirement before any PA is allowed to release a product. I find it so utterly frustrating trying to work out how to use something that requires a multitude of steps that have to be performed in a certain order to get it to work  when the PA was too lazy to write down exactly what you need to do. The fact that there's a video for this shows it needs instructions, that the PA knows it needs instructions but can't be bothered to type them out even to add text to the video. It's utter contempt for the customer. 

The reason I'm here is because in the video you're shown to type in what you're looking for BUT my version of the software I just bought won't let me type anything in! It doesn't even work properly!

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

I totally agree, I've stopped asking questions here because, all too often, you just get jargon thrown back at you with the attitude that you're stupid if you don't already know the answer or you get someone with no clue giving you wrong ifmormation because they didn't bother to read what you asked. Proper user manuals should be a requirement before any PA is allowed to release a product. I find it so utterly frustrating trying to work out how to use something that requires a multitude of steps that have to be perfermed in a certain order to get it to work  when the PA was too lazy to write down exactly what you need to do. The fact that there's a video for this shows it needs instructions, that the PA knows it needs instructions but can't be bothered to type them out even to add text to the video. It's utter contempt for the customer. 

The reason I'm here is because in the vdieo you'r show to type in what you're looking for BUT my version of the softward I just bought won't let me type anything in! It doesn't even work properly!

hm... I always (mostly) getting in the DAZ forums good answers for my questions, even if my questions are really dumb :)

X-Morphs works absolutly fine for me and is one of my most important tools.

Don't forget the PAs using just the UI elements from DAZ studies. It doesn't mean it's automatically their fault if a UI element has a bug. It could be also be a bug in the DAZ Studio which comes out only under some edge-cases?

Well I finally broke down and purchased a copy. Even though I have limted use for this product, I did have several figures with full body morphs only and I wanted to be able to use either the head or the body when needed. I tested this on the Ronen character which only came with a full body morph. I love the body morph, but not the head and was told my the creator that the reason they were not seperated is that it would create unsightly artifacts due to the nature of the morph. Needless to say that is not the case and this product worked perfectly and I am thrilled with the results.

Ronen on the left (no hair) and the Ronen body (Xmorph) only with my face morphs on the right

If you only want to split the head and body then there's a tutorial for that on YouTube using the Developer Loader. If I can manage it I'm sure anyone else can though you need some patience, but it is a very helpful video, no waffle, no selling, just the information you need (though some steps can be combined).

edited December 2018

gerster said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

hm... I always (mostly) getting in the DAZ forums good answers for my questions, even if my questions are really dumb :)

X-Morphs works absolutly fine for me and is one of my most important tools.

Don't forget the PAs using just the UI elements from DAZ studies. It doesn't mean it's automatically their fault if a UI element has a bug. It could be also be a bug in the DAZ Studio which comes out only under some edge-cases?

so you're saying I'm making it up or my experience isn't valid or is it another case of I must be stupid because I don't understand the jargon used? This really does exemplify my point.

Post edited by AbnerK on
    edited December 2018

*facepalm* No I am saying that your issues could be also caused from side effects wich are not in control of the PA. You're very quick in your judgment.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • Please keep the dicsussion on the topic, not each other.

edited December 2018
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    (What are islands and why are they important?)

UV Islands? If so that's a standard 3D term, it means an area of the UV map that isn't attached to anything else on the map, regardless of the way the actual model is connected.

And thereby demonstrating exactly what I meant when I wrote: "all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place."  I trained classically as a painter/photographer long before things like Photoshop and modern 3D modeling programs were available and only got seriously into Poser/DAZ after the launch of Genesis/DS4... and guess how often "UV islands" are mentioned in any DAZ literature or on the Documentation Center?  And needless to say, given that the menu in question just says "Islands," not "UV Islands," you can guess what the results are when one googles "DAZ Islands", "3D Islands," "Poser Islands," etc.  :)   After a while of that I did uncover the term Geometry Island which, while sounding more like a place that arithmatically challenged young boys are sent against their will, seemed to fit but one never knows...    

I totally agree, I've stopped asking questions here because, all too often, you just get jargon thrown back at you with the attitude that you're stupid if you don't already know the answer or you get someone with no clue giving you wrong information because they didn't bother to read what you asked. Proper user manuals should be a requirement before any PA is allowed to release a product. I find it so utterly frustrating trying to work out how to use something that requires a multitude of steps that have to be performed in a certain order to get it to work  when the PA was too lazy to write down exactly what you need to do. The fact that there's a video for this shows it needs instructions, that the PA knows it needs instructions but can't be bothered to type them out even to add text to the video. It's utter contempt for the customer. 

The reason I'm here is because in the video you're shown to type in what you're looking for BUT my version of the software I just bought won't let me type anything in! It doesn't even work properly!

Hello
    I would like to know what is the problem you have with the product.
    What version of DAZ Studio do you have? Version Windows?

Or you can give me some images of the error.

Thanks

Post edited by CGI3DM on

X-Morphs comes with a PDF Quick Guide in the following direcory:

Content⁩ ▸ ⁨Scripts⁩ ▸ ⁨X-Tools⁩  ▸ X-Morphs Quick Start Guide.pdf

You can use 

Command-Shift-3

or 

Command-Shift-4

for screenshots on macOS
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-take-screenshots-in-macos-mojave/

I hope this helps.

From my first post

Cybersox said:
    I totally agree, ... The fact that there's a video for this shows it needs instructions, that the PA knows it needs instructions but can't be bothered to type them out even to add text to the video. It's utter contempt for the customer. 

gerster said:

X-Morphs comes with a PDF Quick Guide in the following direcory:

So why did you say so in the first place?

gerster said:

Content⁩ ▸ ⁨Scripts⁩ ▸ ⁨X-Tools⁩  ▸ X-Morphs Quick Start Guide.pdf

You can use 

Command-Shift-3

or 

Command-Shift-4

for screenshots on macOS
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-take-screenshots-in-macos-mojave/

I hope this helps.

I didn't say I didn't know how to take a screenshot, . I've been using macs since Mac OS 8. It doesn't enable me to screenshot something that doesn't happen. However here is a screenshot I took this afternoon of nothing happening. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 12.59.20.png
    2880 x 1800 - 1M
    edited January 2019

The help manual can also be found from the script. Possibly change the color of the "Quick Help File" button to make it more showy in some update.

I still do not understand what the problem is, I would like you to tell me what are all the steps you take and where you have the problem.

Thanks

Quick Help File button.jpg
    643 x 690 - 93K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
    edited January 2019

Hi thanks for getting back. I'll try again now that I have the instructions. I did look for the instructions. Theyr'e usually on the Read Me page but that was pretty sparse and there's no hint on that page that there's instructions in any file. I am not able to search for a morph. On the video at this point     

it shows you typing in the search field. Mine is blocked. I'm unable to type anything in there. I gave up with it at this point and used the weight map to create the morphs in the long winded, manual way, the way you'd use the headsplit. 

Thanks

Post edited by AbnerK on

Hi thanks for getting back. I'll try again now that I have the instructions. I did look for the instructions. Theyr'e usually on the Read Me page but that was pretty sparse and there's no hint on that page that there's instructions in any file. I am not able to search for a morph. On the video at this point     

it shows you typing in the search field. Mine is blocked. I'm unable to type anything in there. I gave up with it at this point and used the weight map to create the morphs in the long winded, manual way, the way you'd use the headsplit. 

Thanks

I'm sorry you had that problem.
    It seems that it is a bug, in your installation of Daz Studio.
    But even if you can not search the field, is it possible to select any morph from the list?

To solve your problem you would have to reinstall DAZ Studio. You could also create a support ticket.
    https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

And as a last option, you can also return the product.

And I'm sorry that you had the problem with X-Morphs.

CGI3DM said:

I'm sorry you had that problem.
    It seems that it is a bug, in your installation of Daz Studio.
    But even if you can not search the field, is it possible to select any morph from the list?

To solve your problem you would have to reinstall DAZ Studio. You could also create a support ticket.
    https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

And as a last option, you can also return the product.

And I'm sorry that you had the problem with X-Morphs.

Thanks for getting back. I've been busy with other things so not had a chance to look at it. 

• I like the shape of the figure Aureska Hol HD for Zelara 8 from JoLab. As this is an alien, would X-Morphs allow me to remove the alien elements from legs, arm and torso? Obviously I would loose HD details but that would be OK for me.

edited February 2019

I'm not sure, I do not have the figure Aureska. But I see that the alien elements are part of the shape.
    The HD detail that is lost with X-Morphs are usually wrinkles on the skin.
    What you could change with X-Morphs is to change the legs, torso and arms with other morph, for example with Zelara.

There are usually two ways to use X-Morphs,
    Create the new morph of Aureska's head (No HD detail)
    OR
    Create morphs for torso, legs and arms of morph Aureska, and apply them with value of -1 to Aureska figure. Preserves the HD detail, wrinkles. In this way the morph are neutralized.

And the other way, it would be done at the level of vertices.

Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited April 2019

Hi. I was wondering if this can use morphs transferred by GenX2. For instance- I want to apply only part of Callie 6 that was transferred to Genesis 3 with GenX2.

Update: Thank you for your answer on Youtube. For those wondering, it was yes.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • radiaradia Posts: 128

Just saw this product referred to on the Daz Babies thread. It looks fantastic but doesn't seem to be in the Daz store any more, even though it's not very old. Is it still available anywhere? I'd love to use it.

uuuh what happend? why is this product removed from DAZ store?

yes that is it... I got a small panic reaction after it wasn't even in my product list. Thank you ;)

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

yes