Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited May 2018

I'm really gonna love the singling out of individual facial elements...this is a percentage of Fane's nose (April YSH), Gail's skin (Mousso) and some other partial morphs on a G8F base. Stella Hair by April YSH.

Laurie

Fane-Nose.jpg
    801 x 1115 - 244K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • aograiaograi Posts: 636

I have been wanting to transfer my character that was created from several morphs in Genesis3 to Genesis8. Is this possible?

I started out using base morph of Cathy but tweaked it to make her look a bit more original to the premade character in Genesis 3.

Can I replicate the model in Genesis 8?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    CGI3DM said:
    RAMWolff said:

Question. as a content creator can I use this to split my own morphs up to sell?  I am currently developing stuff for Genesis 8 Male and this would really come in handy to split up allot of my morphs into sub morphs!  Thank you!  Product looks brilliant!

yes, in settings, you can change the name of the vendor and the product. It was always in my mind to the PA.

That's excellent! I think a lot of PAs are going to find this HUGELY helpful! :)

aograi said:

I have been wanting to transfer my character that was created from several morphs in Genesis3 to Genesis8. Is this possible?

I started out using base morph of Cathy but tweaked it to make her look a bit more original to the premade character in Genesis 3.

This product doesn't transfer morphs between generations. It's mainly for singling out parts of morphs to be saved and used on other characters and in combination with other morphs. It's pretty awesome - the limit is that it's within a generation though, not going across generations. I think coding something like that would be pretty difficult. 

• aograiaograi Posts: 636
    aograi said:

This product doesn't transfer morphs between generations. It's mainly for singling out parts of morphs to be saved and used on other characters and in combination with other morphs. It's pretty awesome - the limit is that it's within a generation though, not going across generations. I think coding something like that would be pretty difficult. 

Thanks for the clarification.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    dkgoose said:

Ooooh, I see, I was using that as a guide then trying to select the half of the face with the geometry editor and lol

The product REALLY does need a set of PDF instructions.  BADLY.  I didn't get a chance to download it until late last night and quickly reallized that while some things seemed fairly intuitive, there were a lot of other places where the PA has fallen into the all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place.  (What are islands and why are they important?)  Help panels are okay IF you know where a process is going, but the video doesn't cover even half of the apparent features and since there's no narration, one has to watch it and then backtrack just to try to figure out what's being done... and in my case I also had to mentally keep adjusting to how it would work using the regular content library instead of the smart content tab since that's not part of my normal workspace.  

SIgh.  I'll try it again when I'm not as tired as I was last night, but I suspect the PA will be getting a lot of refund requests if better documentation or some real video tutorials don't pop up fairly quickly. 

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276
    edited May 2018
    Cybersox said:
    dkgoose said:

Ooooh, I see, I was using that as a guide then trying to select the half of the face with the geometry editor and lol

The product REALLY does need a set of PDF instructions.  BADLY.  I didn't get a chance to download it until late last night and quickly reallized that while some things seemed fairly intuitive, there were a lot of other places where the PA has fallen into the all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place.  (What are islands and why are they important?)  Help panels are okay IF you know where a process is going, but the video doesn't cover even half of the apparent features and since there's no narration, one has to watch it and then backtrack just to try to figure out what's being done... and in my case I also had to mentally keep adjusting to how it would work using the regular content library instead of the smart content tab since that's not part of my normal workspace.  

SIgh.  I'll try it again when I'm not as tired as I was last night, but I suspect the PA will be getting a lot of refund requests if better documentation or some real video tutorials don't pop up fairly quickly. 

Yes, it is still necessary to create a complete user manual. I want to see where users have more doubts, and make more videos specific to them.
    For some options you have "What This". Click on the arrow, upper and then on the element where you have doubts. Many options will be for advanced users or even never needed.

WhatIs.png
    637 x 697 - 41K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    Cybersox said:
    (What are islands and why are they important?)

UV Islands? If so that's a standard 3D term, it means an area of the UV map that isn't attached to anything else on the map, regardless of the way the actual model is connected.

edited May 2018
    Cybersox said:

UV Islands? If so that's a standard 3D term, it means an area of the UV map that isn't attached to anything else on the map, regardless of the way the actual model is connected.

And thereby demonstrating exactly what I meant when I wrote: "all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place."  I trained classically as a painter/photographer long before things like Photoshop and modern 3D modeling programs were available and only got seriously into Poser/DAZ after the launch of Genesis/DS4... and guess how often "UV islands" are mentioned in any DAZ literature or on the Documentation Center?  And needless to say, given that the menu in question just says "Islands," not "UV Islands," you can guess what the results are when one googles "DAZ Islands", "3D Islands," "Poser Islands," etc.  :)   After a while of that I did uncover the term Geometry Island which, while sounding more like a place that arithmatically challenged young boys are sent against their will, seemed to fit but one never knows...    

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 298
    edited May 2018
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

And thereby demonstrating exactly what I meant when I wrote: "all too common DAZ PA syndrome of assuming people already know about features that DAZ has never bothered to provide adequate documentation for in the first place."  I trained classically as a painter/photographer long before things like Photoshop and modern 3D modeling programs were available and only got seriously into Poser/DAZ after the launch of Genesis/DS4... and guess how often "UV islands" are mentioned in any DAZ literature or on the Documentation Center?  And needless to say, given that the menu in question just says "Islands," not "UV Islands," you can guess what the results are when one googles "DAZ Islands", "3D Islands," "Poser Islands," etc.  :)   After a while of that I did uncover the term Geometry Island which, while sounding more like a place that aritmatically challenged young boys are sent against their will, seemed to fit but one never knows...    

that makes two of us. i have no idea what UV Islands are. documentation is 100% important.

Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
    CGI3DM said:

Yes, it is still necessary to create a complete user manual. I want to see where users have more doubts, and make more videos specific to them.
    For some options you have "What This". Click on the arrow, upper and then on the element where you have doubts. Many options will be for advanced users or even never needed.

Ah, I didn't see that one last night.  That would have definitely helped, though, actually, the two things that caught me up for the longest time last night were 1.) figuring out how to select which side was being selected when using the cutting plane, since the plane itself didn't seem to change when I hit the "flip plane" button and 2.) realizing that the smoothing was set too high by default.        

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Thanks, having too much fun with this, lol 1st pic is Ollie with the base nose, and the second pic the head is half Edie and half Cat

Cybersox said:
    dkgoose said:

Actually, I was over complicating it for myself at first when going into the geometry editor when I didn’t need too, after playing around I started figuring it out, and CGI3DM has been very helpful when helping out :).  

edited May 2018
    Cybersox said:
    CGI3DM said:

1)figuring out how to select which side was being selected when using the cutting plane, since the plane itself didn't seem to change when I hit the "flip plane" button and 2.) realizing that the smoothing was set too high by default.        

It is true, it is something important, that it is difficult to realize when you start using the tool. The smoothing when you use the "Cuting Plane" (vertical). I will make a video of how I made the main promotional image.

Making Main Promo:

Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • HeleneHelene Posts: 107

In the video, you use Ghastly Dog for the head.  I can't find it to see if it is a stand alone model, or if it is a morph of a character.
    I understand that G3 morphs and G8 morphs can't be mixed. 
    Can you, for example, put the head of the DAZ Big Cat on Genesis, G3 and / or G8?

Helene said:

In the video, you use Ghastly Dog for the head.  I can't find it to see if it is a stand alone model, or if it is a morph of a character.
    I understand that G3 morphs and G8 morphs can't be mixed. 
    Can you, for example, put the head of the DAZ Big Cat on Genesis, G3 and / or G8?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

It is a morph for genesis.

• FPFP Posts: 106

Id actually rather hear a voice explaining the steps as they are carried out rather than annoying music.  Turning the volume off only allows me to select better music.  Any reason people dislike explaining products in videos? Language barrier?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,885

Process barrier. Video forces me to absorb at someone's pace, not my own. Video is a lot harder to reference if you want to just go glance for a reminder of how something works.

FP said:

Id actually rather hear a voice explaining the steps as they are carried out rather than annoying music.  Turning the volume off only allows me to select better music.  Any reason people dislike explaining products in videos? Language barrier?

Yes, the language.
    I'm making a user manual and correcting several parts of the video.
    Which parts of the video (or tool) do you think deserve a better explanation?

Oso3D said:

Process barrier. Video forces me to absorb at someone's pace, not my own. Video is a lot harder to reference if you want to just go glance for a reminder of how something works.

Exactly.  And it can be particularly difficult to follow when key parts of the process like keystrokes aren't visible, or things are done so quickly that you have to rewind to see what was actually done. There's are a number of good reasons why schoools haven't replaced textbooks with videos, but the fact that everyone process visual inputs differently is one of the major ones.    

• FPFP Posts: 106
    Im trying to absorb it before I decide to buy. I absorb better by listening and watching. If a teacher writes a math equation on the board then shows how to solve a problem using the equation but never speaks, I think s lot of the class would have difficulty if tested right after.
    Oso3D said:

I'm the opposite. Video (visual information) is far easier for me to learn from than wall-o-text. Also, video (on Youtube) can be slowed down a lot if you need (all the way down to .25) and paused and rewound. If you need to remember a certain point just jot down the time stamp where the info is that you need for later use. It's much easier than skimming through a long and lengthy text manual (again, imo). But I suppose many people learn better in different ways, so having both a text tutorial as well as a video tutorial would be nice - though having both is quite time consuming for the PA, I'm sure. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,885

Yeah, people are different. It just stinks when everythings for one type. ;)

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

I really love X-Morphs. But I found a small issue. If X-Morphs is hidden and started again while hidden DAZ will crash. This happens for me a few times (I was careless), so I want to ask if it possible to catch this error?

• Finally caved in and bought the product, and I must say it surpasses my expectations: easy to use, quick to work and so full of possibilities that it feels almost criminal to neglect using it when making a character. Thanks for this!

gerster said:

I really love X-Morphs. But I found a small issue. If X-Morphs is hidden and started again while hidden DAZ will crash. This happens for me a few times (I was careless), so I want to ask if it possible to catch this error?

If it is a bug, but not the script, it is only given when it is executed from the menu. If it is executed from the content library, it works correctly. I recommend that you reduce the time the window is hidden, for example one minute.

Uthgard said:

Finally caved in and bought the product, and I must say it surpasses my expectations: easy to use, quick to work and so full of possibilities that it feels almost criminal to neglect using it when making a character. Thanks for this!

It's cool that you liked it. Always try to make it as easy as possible, but at the same time very versatile.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    CGI3DM said:

If it is a bug, but not the script, it is only given when it is executed from the menu. If it is executed from the content library, it works correctly. I recommend that you reduce the time the window is hidden, for example one minute.

I increased the hide time to 60 min because I do a lot of complex selection in the geometry editor.
    So you say the bug is not in X-Morph, it in DAZ... than DAZ should fix it ;)

gerster said:
    CGI3DM said:

I increased the hide time to 60 min because I do a lot of complex selection in the geometry editor.
    So you say the bug is not in X-Morph, it in DAZ... than DAZ should fix it ;)

This new and "unique" product feature is not supported, in the DAZ documentation.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Well I finally broke down and purchased a copy. Even though I have limted use for this product, I did have several figures with full body morphs only and I wanted to be able to use either the head or the body when needed. I tested this on the Ronen character which only came with a full body morph. I love the body morph, but not the head and was told my the creator that the reason they were not seperated is that it would create unsightly artifacts due to the nature of the morph. Needless to say that is not the case and this product worked perfectly and I am thrilled with the results.

Ronen on the left (no hair) and the Ronen body (Xmorph) only with my face morphs on the right

ronencustom.jpg
    1352 x 863 - 648K
    edited May 2018

I rarely buy single morph characters, because I love to customize the characters and often dial in at different percentages and often want a stronger percentage for the body than for the face (or vice versa or sometimes just like the head or just like the body), so there are PAs who rarely get my dollar- even though I LOVE their characters (like the very talented RawArt). But this product is going to make it much more likely that I'll buy characters with single head to toe morphs than I previously would. In fact, RawArt's gorgeous characters are the first thing I thought of when I saw what this product could do. :) I'll definitely be buying much more of his products now!

Post edited by 3Diva on