Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

This is really awseome, thanks so much for the product. I used to have to do that stuff in ZBrush with morph targets and morph brush and there was often tedious manual positioning involved. Love the calculate position thingy and the configurable smoothing with adjacent verts.

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

Well I finally broke down and purchased a copy. Even though I have limted use for this product, I did have several figures with full body morphs only and I wanted to be able to use either the head or the body when needed. I tested this on the Ronen character which only came with a full body morph. I love the body morph, but not the head and was told my the creator that the reason they were not seperated is that it would create unsightly artifacts due to the nature of the morph. Needless to say that is not the case and this product worked perfectly and I am thrilled with the results.

Ronen on the left (no hair) and the Ronen body (Xmorph) only with my face morphs on the right

The images look excellent. Good thing you decided to buy it.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited May 2018

OK, watched the video just now.  Did I see that right?  The Dog head shape was transferred to the person's head?  Does this mean I can stick pretty much any head on any other body?  And does it have to be generation specific, or can I cross generations?

If so, I'm getting ready to get my Frankenstein on... or Dr. Moreau...

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

OK, watched the video just now.  Did I see that right?  The Dog head shape was transferred to the person's head?  Does this mean I can stick pretty much any head on any other body?  And does it have to be generation specific, or can I cross generations?

If so, I'm getting ready to get my Frankenstein on... or Dr. Moreau...

You can not transfer morphs between figures (generations, male, female).

The dog was a morph of genesis.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24853/ghastly-s-ghastly-dog-genesis-1-morph

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

• Just thought of something: would it be possible to have the generated morphs go from -100% to 100% instead of going from zero to 100%? I know we can do that just by unlocking the parameters, but it would be nice as an automated option to be able to substract the morph (for making small tweaks to a full morph or just to get diverse effects). If not, it's not a big deal, but it would be nice.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I wanted to get it but got something else instead.  I am trying to figure out when to get it.  Is it easy to use?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037
    edited May 2018

I wanted to get it but got something else instead.  I am trying to figure out when to get it.  Is it easy to use?

Yes, very easy. But it has some  advanced options 

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
    gerster said:

Yes, very easy. Bu tut has some advantaged options 

????  There must be a typo or something that is causing me not to understand second sentence?  

Bu tut has some advantaged options.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

Uh sorry, wrote it on the smartphone. I fixed my answer wink

Uthgard said:

Just thought of something: would it be possible to have the generated morphs go from -100% to 100% instead of going from zero to 100%? I know we can do that just by unlocking the parameters, but it would be nice as an automated option to be able to substract the morph (for making small tweaks to a full morph or just to get diverse effects). If not, it's not a big deal, but it would be nice.

I'll keep it in mind

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome job on the Ronen morph.

This sold me.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    I will be so glad when crap stos breaking at the office so I can actually not be too bushed to do anything when I get home, so I can actually play with this. I really like everything I've heard about it
    gerster said:

Uh sorry, wrote it on the smartphone. I fixed my answer wink

Smart phones are a pain to type on.  Lol!  I prefer to type on my iPad than my iPhone.

• Yes!  You released it!  Thank you, you said to let you know what people needed help with, so, first of all, I am a total noob.  As you know, my goal has been to give my character just Josh Crockett's The Dweller's hands (just as here, your video guide does Ollie's nose).  So following the Ollie nose guide worked, until I got to weight map.  At that point, I only have the same options that are in the video, which is for the head.  Making the hands works if I choose 'easy' and do 'arms', but the problem there is that the model's entire arms change as well.  Is there a hands-only option here I am missing?  Or a guide on hands only?  Thanks again!  I know this tool will be what I need- if I can figure it out (again, HUGE layman here).

Yes!  You released it!  Thank you, you said to let you know what people needed help with, so, first of all, I am a total noob.  As you know, my goal has been to give my character just Josh Crockett's The Dweller's hands (just as here, your video guide does Ollie's nose).  So following the Ollie nose guide worked, until I got to weight map.  At that point, I only have the same options that are in the video, which is for the head.  Making the hands works if I choose 'easy' and do 'arms', but the problem there is that the model's entire arms change as well.  Is there a hands-only option here I am missing?  Or a guide on hands only?  Thanks again!  I know this tool will be what I need- if I can figure it out (again, HUGE layman here).

Select the Bones tab, and select the hand and fingers you want.

• Thank you!  Worked like a charm!  Bones, I'll have to remember that!

Thank you!  Worked like a charm!  Bones, I'll have to remember that!

Alright, I'm glad you liked the product.

• Aw, darn, it stopped working once closed it and reopened.  If you ever can get the Dweller's hands to work without the arms also changing, please let me know!

Aw, darn, it stopped working once closed it and reopened.  If you ever can get the Dweller's hands to work without the arms also changing, please let me know!

I guess you mean when you close DAZ Studio, it only saves the morph as an asset, and the change will remain. Tab Save Asset (s)

• anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 273
    edited May 2018

No, I saved it as a scene, so everything would stay just as it is, and opened a different character and posed her and goofed around, and then reopened the Anax scene, but his sleeves were wacky.  I did save it through your program as Anax_Claws, originally, but now when I slide the bar it made, it makes his sleeves mess up.  Is that what you mean by saving asset? 

Again, I am VERY new to all this, so forgive me if I am not following what you mean.

Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on
    edited May 2018

No, I saved it as a scene, so everything would stay just as it is, and opened a different character and posed her and goofed around, and then reopened the Anax scene, but his sleeves were wacky.  I did save it through your program as Anax_Claws, originally, but now when I slide the bar it made, it makes his sleeves mess up.  Is that what you mean by saving asset? 

Again, I am VERY new to all this, so forgive me if I am not following what you mean.

Repeat the entire morph separation process, and after save morph, go to the Save Asset (s) tab, and click on the "Save Morph Asset" button.
    Sometimes Daz Studio does not load the morphs correctly, if they are not saved as assets.
    The advantage of saving as an asset is that it will always be available in the figure to which you divided the morph.

Note:The other option is run: Edit-Figure-Rigging-Adjust Rigging to Shape.

SaveAssets.png
    643 x 699 - 22K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • That did it!  Now it works perfectly.  I closed and opened Daz, opened different scenes, came back- and it stayed!  Thank you!

If you ever can get the Dweller's hands to work without the arms also changing, please let me know!

Decrease smoothing 0-10%

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited May 2018

I used X-Morphs on the girl doll, I transferred the fiend forever morph for G2F to G8F then I used x-morphs to get the head morph and applied the head to Redz Baby Rosie for G8F.

8F536A5A-5111-4207-A527-DEBCA3B50F76.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
    edited May 2018
    dkgoose said:

I used X-Morphs on the girl doll, I transferred the fiend forever morph for G2F to G8F then I used x-morphs to get the head morph and applied the head to Redz Baby Rosie for G8F.

I'm scared. Someone opened Pandora's box. This is a nightmare. yesdevil

Post edited by CGI3DM on

Lol ya Sixus1 released a Good Boy Doll at the other store and as soon a I seen it I had to pick up the entire set and then and had to work on his bride :)  

edited May 2018

The main part of this works with the Hivewire family too :) here is Dawn, Dusk, and Luna all with the cutting plane used :)

C3C6D2CF-89C2-499F-8802-0253F7CFDBAD.png
    800 x 1000 - 762K
    CB13CFD5-8D9C-42B7-B3D1-E4FB1ABB4E68.png
    800 x 1000 - 1M
    E578A1E3-13B5-474B-8B65-B558E37836BD.png
    800 x 1000 - 944K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    dkgoose said:

The main part of this works with the Hivewire family too :) here is Dawn, Dusk, and Luna all with the cutting plane used :)

Oh wow... that's unexpected.  I wonder if it works on any other figures like the dragon...?  

HOLY COW!  IT DOES!

This is a major game changer... 

dragon split.jpg
    900 x 900 - 361K
    dragon split.jpg
    900 x 900 - 361K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Works on the Big Cat 2, too.  This guy has a little sabertooth in his family tree.

No time to experiment for now as my tickets for Deadpool in Imax are calling... but I'll definitely play with this some more.

Saber tooth half.jpg
    729 x 1200 - 374K

Haha that’s awesome, ya it definitely makes for unlimited possibilities :)