My Roleplay Scenes

JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
edited May 2019 in Art Studio

This is a composite image. The forest background was from a royalty free wallpaper site. The characters were rendered in DAZ using iRay and then I composited them together using GIMP. I am just super happy with the way the whole thing turned out.

The story is that my character Conall (the fellow on the right) and my girlfriend's character Simi (on the left) are starting a new life together; so the symbology of walking the path hand-in-hand was important. It's also doubly relevant since Simi's player (Jenny) and I are also embarking on a new long distance relationship.

consimi-walking.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 2M
Post edited by JonnyRay on

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

A cute render and I like the deep symbolic points with it, regarding the characters and also the personal life of the two of you. And to add to that, much happiness to you both! :)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    Carola O said:

A cute render and I like the deep symbolic points with it, regarding the characters and also the personal life of the two of you. And to add to that, much happiness to you both! :)

Thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lovely render and congrats!

Lovely render and congrats!

Thank you!

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

Congratulations.

Congratulations.

Thank you!

Another render of Simi's character in Secret World Legnds. I used Pretty 3D's Sweet Pain outfit with a lot of shader work because Simi has this thing against brown. :)

Simi-Steampunk-Park.png
    633 x 1024 - 1M

Although it's a simple headshot render, I really like how this turned out. Simi also had a hair style change reflected in this image as well.

SimiMoncreiffe-v03.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    edited November 2018

I swapped Simi's wings for 3D Universe's Leathered Wings for All. The product is very flexible and easy to pose and it supports some of the changes in wing size and style that is part of Simi's character.

I've done a lot of new renders of Simi and Conall. But two that I did this week of Simi really turned out nicely. Very happy with the results here. The outfit is Nathy's BibiSet for Genesis 8 Females with just a little shader adjustments to suit Simi's style.

Simi-FF-20181116.png
    742 x 1200 - 922K
    Simi-Headshot2.png
    800 x 800 - 976K

A new "holiday card" style render of Conall, Simi, and their daughter Siofra.

2018MoncreiffeFamilyChristmas.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 300K
    edited January 2019

Just a simple image of Simi sleeping in the morning.

SimiSleeping.jpg
    800 x 640 - 59K
    edited February 2019

Conall's wife and daughter don't seem very amused by his "Dad Joke". :)

DadJoke.png
    1200 x 960 - 6M
    edited February 2019

Conall, Simi, and their daughter Siofra enjoying an "end of winter" vacation!

2019WinterVacation.png
    1200 x 960 - 1M

Since my girlfriend and I have a new roleplay pair, rather than starting a new thread, I've just renamed this one. I've also recently uploaded these to my Gallery.

neko-headshot_full.png
    758 x 758 - 2M
    NekotagaInVenice.jpg
    675 x 1200 - 201K
    neko-in-venice_full.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 169K
    degataga-and-neko-gondola-ride_full.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 524K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

love the gondola.render. 

love the gondola.render. 

Thank you. :) It took a while to put that one together. A lot of time on the poses for the couple taking the ride.

edited July 2019

Not a "scene" per-se, but this new headshot for Neko turned out pretty good.

Neko-Headshot3.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 153K

At the end of a "Date Night", Dega and Neko enjoy a quiet moment on the dance floor all by themselves.

The crowd in the back are from @RiversoftArt's Now-Crowd Billboards - Party Time set. Really helped to not have to deal with several more full 3D characters. The indoor setting was already rough on Iray rendering times!

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited August 2019

Can't believe I missed all these updates @JohnnyRay. Good stuff!

I really like the light on this one in particular.

Post edited by Rakuda on
    Rakuda said:

Can't believe I missed all these updates @JohnnyRay. Good stuff!

I really like the light on this one in particular.

Thank you, Rakuda. That one was a lot of fun getting setup.

The canal is actually just an image of the Grand Canal in Venice loaded into Studio's Backdrop. I was going to render separately and composite them later, but I wanted to give this a go. Since the image was a different dimension than my render, though, I had to modify it because the backdrop is always automatically scaled to the size of the render. So I pre-cropped it to fit my planned finish image. 

Then, since this wasn't an HDRI, I had to work the lighting by hand. There's a spotlight (to create her distinct shadow on the deck of the balcony) and 3 mesh lights to provide ambient light. I adjusted strenghts and color temperature to try to mimic what the background lightling looked like. Warm light from the front and cooler fill lights simulating the light bouncing from the bulidings and the more white lights of the streetlights, etc.

Probably funniest to me is that the set I used had a full apartment to it. Originally I was going to have it shot from inside showing some of the room, but as I decided to focus on her, I started hiding the parts of the apartment that I didn't need. In the end, I could have replicated the deck with a simple plane and a few long thin cube primatives. laugh

Simi is teaching her daughter Siofra how to glide using her little wings! Also in my Gallery as Gliding Lessons.

During the same hike when she was teaching Siofra the basics of gliding, Simi takes a pause and enjoys a little sun. Also posted in my gallery at Simi in the Sun.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    JonnyRay said:

Simi is teaching her daughter Siofra how to glide using her little wings! Also in my Gallery as Gliding Lessons.

I just love this one:) Great posing and lighting is superbyes

JonnyRay said:

I just love this one:) Great posing and lighting is superbyes

Thank you, Sven. :) For the posing, I started with a couple of poses from Kinetik Poses for G8F, which is a really lovely set of floating/flying poses. Then I customized them for the size of the characters and the specifics of things like Simi holding Siofra and supporting her.

I played a lot with different lights and decided I liked having the sun behind them because of how it highlights the translucency and vein effect that 3D Universe built into their Leathered Wings for All product. I added a ghost light in front and color toned it to the ground color to look like light bouncing back into their faces because otherwise the shadows were too strong.

Overall, I was really happy with how that one turned out.

Not really a roleplay scene this time, but I don't want to create another thread. :)

A poor lost little gynoid girl found a friend on a dark, wet night in the city.