March Madness is here! Buyer Bonus: Justus for Darius 8 and A Gentleman's Expressions

dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
edited April 2018 in The Commons

I expect this weekend without new releases means March Madness starts Monday.  Last year it went from around Feb 26th to April 8th. I remember buying a ton, just in case there was an end of sale thank-you bonus discount (but there wasn’t). Last year I had a big gift card saved up for the MADNESS. Mika 7 cane out, and she is hands down my favorite G3 figure— totally revolutionized the design of my Bramble-Child protagonist. The Georgia Bundle, which has been on my wishlist a full year and never quite justified. Oh and Feathered Wings for All, which signified an end to the long drought of contemporary  wings here at Daz3d. Ah, memories...

Let’s see. Last year had 70% off bundles. I wonder if that will be applied to anything g8?  And there were ‘sale participation freebies’. Ah yes, I recall: buying something would give you an additional discount banner that would last three days— and I kept my banner up the whole sale, just in case (but no gold at the end of that rainbow).

I recall it as a fun little sales event.  I know they change them up a little every year, but just in case they do the banner thing again, start small to test the waters!

Post edited by dreamfarmer on

Comments

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I do think it’s amusing that one consistent feature of Sale Season is that there’s /less/ time to take advantage of the bigger deals. During the off season special deals are usually in the front banner for 5 days, maybe even longer. During Sales Season, you get better discounts on New Releases and associated backlists...  but the individual sales only last one day and the content included in the sale is just the last three days worth. 

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Not ready... or at least not financially. :)  (Just blew most of my mad money on a RL hobby where I'll actually have some jewelry I can hold and wear myself, so I'm flat for 2 weeks.)

But I'm still looking forward to it, even if I can't participate until half way through. :)  I like seeing the explosion of new stuff in the store, and I often find some older gems when looking through the various sale groups.  Granted, they end up on my massive wish list more often than not...

• Nope. Gotta save for the condo remodel. In truth, there's so much stuff in my library that I've forgotten about that I should probably just not buy anything anyway, at least not until I actually use what I've alread bought!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081

I expect this weekend without new releases means March Madness starts Monday.  Last year it went from around Feb 26th to April 8th. I remember buying a ton, just in case there was an end of sale thank-you bonus discount (but there wasn’t). Last year I had a big gift card saved up for the MADNESS. Mika 7 cane out, and she is hands down my favorite G3 figure— totally revolutionized the design of my Bramble-Child protagonist. The Georgia Bundle, which has been on my wishlist a full year and never quite justified. Oh and Feathered Wings for All, which signified an end to the long drought of contemporary  wings here at Daz3d. Ah, memories...

Let’s see. Last year had 70% off bundles. I wonder if that will be applied to anything g8?  And there were ‘sale participation freebies’. Ah yes, I recall: buying something would give you an additional discount banner that would last three days— and I kept my banner up the whole sale, just in case (but no gold at the end of that rainbow).

I recall it as a fun little sales event.  I know they change them up a little every year, but just in case they do the banner thing again, start small to test the waters!

Thanks for this recap of what it looked like last year. This is one sale I can not remember... :D

• Nope I need a great gift card sale first -- one where I don't have to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

+1 to that! (my last was almost cleared out by Alexandra 8 and Edward 8 in such close succession).

A giftcard sale before the big event would be most welcome!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I have most everything I want sold here so really only interested in new releases for the men. 

• Not really, but it's going to arrive whether I'm ready or not.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Not ready at all.  Nope not a bit.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Nope I need a great gift card sale first -- one where I don't have to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need.

+100

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

"Smoke a cigarette. I'm not ready yet. Make Up" sale, that is. Very little 3D money for the next 3 weeks.

xyer0 said:

"Smoke a cigarette. I'm not ready yet. Make Up" sale, that is. Very little 3D money for the next 3 weeks.

That could be a sale idea. Lots and lots of stuff for very little money! :D

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Even if there's no GC sale at the start, there are usually a few during the month, then a catch up sale at the end, so no need to sweat it - unless the format of the sale changes drastically, of course.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

I have most everything I want sold here so really only interested in new releases for the men. 

That is my need also, new items at a great deal. Not holding my breath as I don't remember past MM being all that great, but we'll see I guess.

• Nah. I've got a trip at the end of the month (AwesomeCon in D.C., baby!), and autographs/photo ops go on pre-sale for VIPs tomorrow. Trip stuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daz March Madness

• Shoxremi said:

Nah. I've got a trip at the end of the month (AwesomeCon in D.C., baby!), and autographs/photo ops go on pre-sale for VIPs tomorrow. Trip stuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daz March Madness

Oh, lucky you. It looks like even Stan Lee will be there

Shoxremi said:

Nah. I've got a trip at the end of the month (AwesomeCon in D.C., baby!), and autographs/photo ops go on pre-sale for VIPs tomorrow. Trip stuff >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daz March Madness

Stan Lee?  The famous Stan Lee who cameos in almost all of marvel movies?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited February 2018
    Shoxremi said:

Stan Lee?  The famous Stan Lee who cameos in almost all of marvel movies?

Yep. I don't think I can post a link but do a Google search for AwesomeCon

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

Dang right!! I just got my tax return back. . .  Not sure How far a $1.98 will go but...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    Shoxremi said:

Envious! Some of my fav stars will be there including Tom Welling, Stephen Amell, and Michael Rosenbaum. Have a great time.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981
    cclesue said:

Dang right!! I just got my tax return back. . .  Not sure How far a $1.98 will go but...

Yeah that night not go too far at all..  As for me well will have to wait and see what they do this year..

• cclesue said:

LOL!

Im not ready by any stretch of the imagination.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm imagining a Daz marketing team member reading this thread and it's making me giggle.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited February 2018

Not even a little. I bought Fiore and Edward's base figure, and I am tapped out for the next two weeks. Unless of course, march madness is "everything on your wishlist is $0.10 for the month of march."

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Not even a little. I bought Fiore and Edward's base figure, and I am tapped out for the next two weeks. Unless of course, march madness is "everything on your wishlist is $0.10 for the month of march."

and only the ones that you had on the list before promotion starts.  Any new items added will not count.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Not really ready, but only really interested in males and male items. Fat chance I'm gonna get much of that. LOL

Laurie

• Depends on how they do it. Since they change it up every cycle, who knows what to expect. Last year, I bought something every day and there was nothing added or given as a bonus- during or at the end. I won't be doing that this year....       unless I want something every day. lol

I don't think it can repeat and will be less interest from me -since Gen 8 is sure to be at the center of everything.

Now that I have a monster library, I don't think there's that much legacy stuff left over.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981

Well March Madness is already here and not even March yet.. lol