What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

you have really added a lot since I last visited....very impressive artwork !!! your panther is wonderful ....I can't get mine to light properly....I really like the stories that you have for your characters......Trish

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

Your panther is lit just as well as or better than mine :) Still playing with her. And a million other things. my brain is always full of stories and my characters (and their pets) never ever shut up completely. Not complaining, though! Glad you appreciate what my mental chaos brings :)

Got another christmasy one done last night. Contemplating postworking it a little here and there.

Shimmer, patiently suffering Isabelle's idea of having fun. (And me, playing with those last second christmas props, obviously) That horse is a saint :)

Happy_HoliHorse_2.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 292K
    edited December 2013

ok you must tell me how did you get the forelock that way...That is a beautiful render.....you don't have mental chaos ...you have mental creativity .....Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I like the Christmas horse! Nice idea to put the wreath around its neck.

The little panther is a real cutie and I like how believable her LAMH coat is. I need to get to grips with that software. I think you and Trish have twin panther cubs, they have the same "now I'm in trouble" look. But then mischief is what cubs do best! :)

edited December 1969

@ Trish: It's one of the morphs actually. Select the mane, go to parameters, you'll find smoe on/off morphs, this is one of them. Also, in my case creeativity comes from choas, it's a natural result ;)

@ Jindi: Where would the fun be if any cat, big or small, was well-behaved? THAT would be suspicious.

edited December 1969

Something new. Two versions: full body poses and the final image.

I once again ended up making a portrait/close up pieces after very extensive pose fiddling. From scratch, because I enjoy doing that.

Final version (for as far anything is ever final with me, lol) has some post work done. Mostly filters to make it glowy and soft and a bit warmer.

A very slightly less family friendly version can be found on my Deviant Art.

I call it Campfire Whispers.

Belle_and_Thayn_Test_12_small_cut.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 151K
    Belle_and_Thayn_Test_14_pose_complete.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 232K
    edited December 1969

Happy New year to all of you!

May the creative juices flow freely.

PG_HNY_4_text.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 186K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    Happy New year to all of you!

May the creative juices flow freely.

same to you - time for one more

edited December 1969

Just popped in to see what you are up to.....I see you are being creative again ...very nice and a Happy Late New Year to you also...Trish

edited December 1969

Thank you :) I like playing around and nothing is going to stop me :lol:

If someone likes my silly dabblings, it's only an extra motivation to keep at it :)

edited December 1969

Playing with something entirely different. Placing a figure in a primitive what a slightly fancy glass shader :D

It's a WIP.

Very loosely based on a story I'm working on with a friend. In the story, some wicked sorceress used glass spheres/marbles to store the essence of demons. Complicated, stuff, yes. In this image, it's Dimi (note that he's no longer wearing his ring!) trapped in a bigger ball. *cakcles madly*

No elf boys were harmed in the making of this.

Trapped_inside_3_test.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 202K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Been watching ya from day one. Keep up the silly. I'm a very happy lurker...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for watching :) As long as my brain keeps offering me these silly things and challenge me to turn it into an image, I will keep at it.

Final (for now) and post-worked version of the above image. Because photoshop filters are fun.

Trapped_inside_11_Smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Playing with http://www.daz3d.com/eye-surface-for-genesis on an older image. Can't get the various 'relflections' (in the Bright eyes content library folder) to work without fiddling them on, might try a reinstall. If not, manual changing it is. Not that much trouble changing the image in only 3 channels, after all. Perheps i's because the original bright eyes isn't supposed to work with genesis, but why set up the bundle like this?

So. User error.

I've always been addicted to fiddling with the eyes. Eyes are good.

Two examples of my fiddling with Jerutha as an ever reluctant model:

Rutha_-_eye_surface_test_1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 150K
    Rutha_-_eye_surface_test_2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 150K
    edited December 1969

That really does make a big difference in the eyes.....neat..good work......Trish

edited January 2014

'Get back here, girl. And I mean now!' The ranger rubbed the back of his neck, trying to suppress the uneasy feeling that had come over him after what the panther had shown him. He had tried to block her out, but of course, he had failed miserably. She had dumped every detail, everything she had seen, into his mind. The tall woman, with her curly golden hair, dressed in long pale green robes. A yellow stone on a silver chain resting on her forehead. Now forever frozen in his mind. A new memory to keep next to the old one: the piercing stare of her golden eyes. Eyes that had haunted him for six long years, but that he had never seen again. He had turned and walked away then, after she had offered him friendship. And now? It would be so easy to do exactly that all over again. She hadn’t seen him, she had no idea how close he was. And she probably didn’t care. But then.. Something had pulled him this way. To her. He had travelled for months, searched in vain and in the end, he had even asked for her at the place where he had last seen her, at the Circle, where he had once left her without looking back. Liondre, who had unsurprisingly befriended the woman he sought, had pointed him this way and he had found her. 'And this is where it ends', he decided abruptly. She looked healthy, happy. That was all he had really wanted to know. In his mind he heard the faint echo of an indignant snort.

Of course, it did not end here ;) Fragment of 'Reunited' my silly scribbling on how Amber and Jerutha met again after 6 years, which in turn is a part of their ongoing story that lives happily in my brain

Also a close up take during the fiddling and testing stages :) (of course, the forum swtiched the images. Oh well.)

Six_years_later_11_fixed_small.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 219K
    Six_years_later_4_close_up.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 240K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited January 2014

A bit of an experiment I guess. Yes, I did full body poses and ended up doing only a head shot of one of the characters.

Poor Amber is beinging used as a bit of a prop here. A necessary one, though, for who else could coax this expression from Jerutha?

Two versions: a postworked one and the raw render (well, raw.. resized adn JPEG-ified for size convenience). I was playing around with photoshop (filters) and well, I kinda liked the result.

Bliss_7_Small.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 251K
    Bliss_9_small.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 189K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    A bit of an experiment I guess. Yes, I did full body poses and ended up doing only a head shot of one of the characters.

Poor Amber is beinging used as a bit of a prop here. A necessary one, though, for who else could coax this expression from Jerutha?

Two versions: a postworked one and the raw render (well, raw.. resized adn JPEG-ified for size convenience). I was playing around with photoshop (filters) and well, I kinda liked the result.

Looks like someone's going to be getting some.
    edited December 1969

That is entirely possible.

Thanks for looking!

edited December 1969

White, or very pale, skins are fun. In a sometimes frustrating way.

Just for practise, I whipped out my version of the Fool from Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy.

Still working. That hair doesn't suit him. At all.

Fool_-_More_skin_testing_3.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 342K
    edited December 1969

Update on the previous pic. Probably done.

Yes, did some postwork (filters).

Fool_-_More_skin_testing_9_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 285K
    edited February 2014

War pony. Long story.

Just playing around.

For the record, yes, I do know silver gray horses (and ponies) do not usually have brown mane and tails. This one does. It's a me-thing. And no, the forelock would not usually fall over the head armor like that, but I wanted to add some contrast. Not realism.

Yep, it's postworked (filters). I'll put up the raw render is anyone is interested.

Warpony_7_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 294K
    edited December 1969

Because.. really.. who could resist a slime beast with so much personality?

Slime_Test_4.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 213K
    edited December 1969

Had this image in my head all day, so out came a quicky.

Test Subject Gene. He's not meditating, jsut crossing his fingers and hoping for a small miracle.

One raw render and one after some postwork.

Gene_Crossing_5_small_lpw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 196K
    Gene_Crossing_3_Cam_1_Big.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 203K
  • mobiusdesignsmobiusdesigns Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very nice renders. Great DA page, too.

edited December 1969

Thanks! And thank you for looking :)

edited December 1969

Dimi is sad, he misses his Muse.

Hope things will be well soon. A smile or mischievous grin suits him so much better.

(Long story short: Dimi and his Muse are a bit of a story thing between my best friend and me and now all her tech is fried. First her external hard disk with her 3D art files and now her whole pc blew up, frying everything else. So.. no co-writing and making funny litte images at each other anymore)

Raw render and post-worked final version included.

Dimi_Missing_You_6_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 476K
    Dimi_Missing_You_4_Big.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 223K
    edited March 2014

I'm sure I only loaded Daz to check out that dress. On Amber. For clothing needs a model. But where's the fun is the plain ol' T pose? Nowhere! So slapped on a pose (and fiddled with that a bit - I can never help myself). Now what to do with lights..

Ah well, you get the idea. Several hours later, this is the result.

Amber is a druid. She's a healer mostly, but do be careful not to annoy her too much. She tends to threaten people who do that that she'll make a vine gow up their backside and she has she skills to back that up. And add thorns. Be warned.

I think she may just be doing something along those lines in this render.

Considering postwork.

Amber_-_Vine_4_smaller_JPEG.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 383K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

maybe a kiss on the neck would help %-P

edited December 1969

LoL! I'm sure she won't mind. As long as her Moody Ranger is involve ;)