What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

I don't know why, but the silly rogue keeps asking for attention. He also keeps climbing along walls at night. He may be part monkey.

Dimi, trying to get where the owner of the property most certainly doesn't want him.

Yes, it's rather dark. That happens at night ;)

Wallclimber_9.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 212K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited October 2013

I like dark. I don't feel 'every" image needs pop zap wow lighting :)

Rogues like dark too. Hard to catch one in good light. Or honest endeavors. :)

Post edited by Teofa on
    edited December 1969

Indeed. It wouldn't make one bit of sense to put a spotlight on him, would it? :)

edited December 1969

Between the shiny, polished golden coins, something green winked at him. Ever the curious one, Dimi carefully freed the sparkling item from the chest. On closer inspection, it turned out to be a large golden spider with a bright green gem set in its back, dangling on a thick, yet elegant golden chain. Bouncing the jewel around on his palm, a smile broke trought on the rogue's face. This would be an adequate gift..

Dimi giving gifts is an odd concept, yes. He might change his mind..

And I don't know why, but he does demand a lot of attention lately.

Shinies_6_small.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 299K
    edited December 1969

Eh, Dimi.. could be the gift is part of a more elaborate scheme. :)

Love the opulent setting of this.

edited December 1969

Thank you :) He just keeps prrodding me for attention when simply browsing through my library. "I remember that place.. It was a rather annoyingly bright moonlit night.."

You get the idea ;)

edited December 1969

No matter how much I want to make a lazy afternoon autumn scene wth my beloved Amber and Jerutha, this silly little rogue keeps claiming my attention. But then.. I couldn't resist trying out SickleYield's brilliant freebie and there was no way I could get Jerutha into that. (Would have loved to, but alas!)

So here's Dimi. I suppose that necklace is developing into its own little story, too..

(Yes, a version is posted in the set's Freepository thread too, this one has the arm fixed, though)

Want_this_6_resize.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 281K
    edited December 1969

That set had me stampeding off on wild tangents in all directions. I hope someday to morph my dragon into a Wild Tangent to ride.

I have no recollection of what I was planning prior to that lol. something.. something.

Well, it's Dimi, the outfit is a break from his Italian looking finery. I had fears your crew of Test Subjects would all be sporting it :).

Always nice work Mori.

edited October 2013

Something with shaders, probably ;)

Glad you like it! If my test subjects would run off with this.. I'm afraid I'd need laquerd leather or glitter shaders. For Paul and Gene anyway. Ric - who often fails to see the point of stuff - might even have called for lace (after which Otta would have grabbed the biggest club in my library to smash all their heads in I guess).

But yeah, if Dimi hadn't.. volunteered, I would have been forced to use them. While hillarious, I'm not sure it would have been pretty.

Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited October 2013

No matter how I cut this one off, something kept bothering me, so I went with this. I will come back to it in a few months, or years, no doubt. For now, I'm leaving it at this.

Yes, it's mushy and gushy and cute and I regret nothing!! Well, nothing about that bit anyway.

Lazy_Autumn_8_final_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 349K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Nothing wrong with gushy, mushy or cute! :) You've captured a real moment here, even their hands are expressive . I like the way the autumn colours of their outfits and the background tie it all together, even while their hair is a total contrast.

edited December 1969

Thank you :D I like playing with hands, they are in many cases as important as an expression. Or they show what the face is trying to hide.

As for teh hands that were cut off.. You can find them here, increasing the mushiness factor by 10 ;) http://fav.me/d6sa5j4

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I would say that the only thing that bugs me about both versions is that they look like they're looking past one another and not into each others' eyes.

edited October 2013

I would say that the only thing that bugs me about both versions is that they look like they're looking past one another and not into each others' eyes.

I see what you mean. Thing is, she is just turning her head to look at him. Those eyes without actual pupils tend to be a bit willful when having them focus on something. Especially something that is mostly behind her ;)

I had him look more forward at first but then he really did look past her and I didn't like it. So I left it at this. For now :)

Thanks for commenting!

edited December 1969

I think it is a very natural, comfortable, candid pose. I'm not a gaze into eyes kind of person. I often look off when thinking..

to me it looks like she is thinking of something Jarusha said.. and he is waiting for the answer :).

I remember arguing with our wedding photographer as he kept insisting I take poses I would never take or fake some look because
    "everyone does it".

edited December 1969

@ Teofa: She's probably thinking of something to say to him, yes :)

And then this little monster. Couldn't resist. I'm still trying to get that fur texture to look like.. well.. fur. So far, it moved from oily plastic to something leathery, so there is progress ;)

Curiosity_6.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 147K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Looks good to me. If you want the fur texture to be more pronounced though, simply bump up the displacement or bump settings a bit more.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Here kitty kitty kitty......love this one!!!! Trish

edited December 1969

Looks good to me. If you want the fur texture to be more pronounced though, simply bump up the displacement or bump settings a bit more.

Yes, that's the bit I'm fiddling with now, thanks! Don't want to overdo it, either. I'm not unhappy with this version, it's just missing something. That may be the model itself, though :)

@ Trish: glad you like it. This overgrown house cat is always fun to play with!

edited December 1969

Whenevre I set out to make a simple portrait, I end up spending ages, just playing with the pose anyway. Just because it's pretty much my favourite part of the process. Especially from scratch :D (not to mention that my subject got horribly distracted and would NOT look into the camera..)

I know, there are no shoes and the pants are a bit of an experiment (shaders and colours, wheee), but they won't make it to the final version anyway.

Sharing a preview - or rather, my obligatory pose shot - because I can.

Yes, more Dimi.

Distracted_3_-_obligatory_pose_shot.jpg
    696 x 900 - 168K
    edited December 1969

WIP:

Dimi without his ring.

Needs work. Lots of it.

Ringless_1_test.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 208K
    edited December 1969

When Jerutha refused to talk to me, I asked him if he happened to be jealous because I work so much with Dimi lately. He glared at me and told me that he would never be jealous. At all.

Moody One indeed.

It's still a bit or a WIP, but wanted to show it in its current state :)

Not_jealous_5_resize.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 251K
    edited December 1969

I've been lurking lately, sorry!

New WIP. It was time for a new Amber portrait. Playing with Pen hair and.. Some gem, I'd have to look it up, I think it came with a hairstyle. Moonbeam maybe? Oh well.

Might be a bit on the light/bright side. Time to minimally turn down the lights. Or see what a dark background will bring.. Hmm.. Opinions?

Amber_-_portrait_6.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 193K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I think she'd look really pretty with a very dark gold background, that would help the lighting pop out a bit. She's quite pretty!

edited December 1969

Thank you :) Decided to go with something foresty, but not quite and didn't go the dark (or light) blue/gray 'portrait photography' background way. Blurred and just dimmed a touch to be there, but not distract too much.

Not sure I succeeded, but I kind of liek the result. No, the lights don't really match the background. They are not supposed to :)

Amber_-_portrait_9_lpw2_smaller.jpg
    750 x 970 - 229K
    edited December 1969

As mentioned on my dA:

Tis the season.

My 3 most used characters and their pets. Believe me, it was going to be a quiet, pleasant scene. Alas, with my bunch of mind-sharers, that is not an option.

Dimi couldn't wait for present opening time and already stole one. While he is inspecting his loot, his sentient fireball Luke, decided to light those tempting logs in the hearth. When he had succeesed, he slipped out of stealth mode, getting Ah'sh attention, alerting Jerutha to the slowly unfolding chaos, interrupting his pleasant talk with Amber, who then, of course, had to see what was going on, too. Moon, on the back of her chair, is no doubt contemplating how to add to the chaos.

I will NOT do an 'after' picture. Nope. I won't.

Christmas_10_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 371K
    edited December 1969

Yes, I'm playing with the big cat (panther add-on), too. Because, well.. I was never much impressed with the old panther model (or its textures), but needed one. I pretty much used it as a placeholder. The new one is so much better and lots of fun to play with. Not as stable as it could be, but as long as I build, light and save the scene without the LAMH fur, it works fine. It renders with the LAMH fur as long as I don't ask my trusty puter to do anything else at all. Only crashes I get, are when I'm saving with the fur on. Well, I can live with that, it's easy enough to apply, after all.

Just two tests to compare. Yes, the non furry one could stand some more spectacular lighting (or perhaps bump fiddling), but it's only a test for comparison.

Ah'sh is always happy to model for me, even if she looks rather.. startled here. I wonder what she did this time ;)

Startled_Ahsh_5_test_winter_fur.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 223K
    Startled_Ahsh_4_test_summer_fur.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 222K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Nice art. I like the soft shadows. The cat is cute.

edited December 1969

Thank you :) I seem to be addicted to soft shadows.

edited December 1969

My trusty old Test Subjects! It was time to dust them off and play with them again.

Paul is trying to teach Ric how to be fabulous. Not sure if he'll manage, but that has nothing to do with his teaching methods.

Gene can never resist watching the show..

Just playing with a silly idea I had. And mirrors. I like playing with mirrors.

In_Rics_room_8_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 256K