What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Great job on the expressions.  They definintely convey what you are going for.  And that Squirrel!  oh my gosh he is ridiculously cute!

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2018

Thanks @Novica and @IceDragonArt :)

I'm not very talkative these days, sorry, but I always do appreciate comments. And try to add some whenever I don't feel liek I'm typing for that sake of typing, because 'I really like this' feels a bit.. insufficient sometimes. Even though I know that most of us appreciate comments, no matter what they are. So yeah, brain struggles. 

Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited February 2021

It took quite some fiddling, but I think I'm satisfied with this new remake of Genesis 1 to G8F. Made some changes to get her to look more like my old character concept from.. 2003-ish?

Just a simple introduction pic.

Isabelle's New Look

edited February 2021

Thought is was a good idea to see how she's work in Iray right away. Need more practise with that anyway. Not sure I'll ever like it as much as 3DL, but can't hurt to be able to wrangle it into submission :)

So here's more Isabelle. Different hairstyle (and less filtering in PS) makes her look different :)

edited February 2021

More fiddling with iray. I think I'm sort of getting the hang of it now. Also for Llola's Render a month challenge, this month was all about arrow shapes.

Rogue on a Cool Slate Roof

Isabelle is a lovely girl!  Its crazy how different a hair style can make someone look.  I would say you are definitely getting the hang of Iray.  I really resisted Iray for about  months.  I had just started to understand Delight (I started using Daz right before Iray came out) and found 3Delight to be far more intuitive and easy to use.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

MM- if you want some easy to use lighting for Iray, KindredArts Ghost Lights are easy to use, easy to set up. If I were starting with Iray it would be one of the first things I'd use in hindsight. Your moving right along in Iray, that glow on the metal really helps give it presence and adds to the depth of the scene. His pose looks very natural and confident.

edited July 2018

@IceDragonArt Thanks! I still don't think iray will ever by my preferred render engine, but that doesn't mean I don't like fiddling with it to see what it can do. Or rather, what I can do with it. It's less.. predicatble than 3DL, I suppose. But as long as I can colour my lights, I'm happy.

@Novica Light sets are fun and have their use, but I always preferred putting up my own lights the way I want them. I might give the ghost lights a shot some day :) Apart from experimenting, I read some tutorials. I especially liked https://thinkdrawart.com/daz-studio-iray-tutorial-for-beginners and https://thinkdrawart.com/how-i-light-my-daz-studio-iray-scenes

That said, I'm glad the glow on the metal makes it stand out. I was hoping it would work out that way :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Yep- with Ghost Lights you move them where you want them. They're just a fast way to get light sources in your scene and are easy to move. For us lazy folks. It's a click and increase the intensity, or the color, etc. I usually go in and change the lumens to something specialized, but the ease of setting everything up is delightful.

Novica said:

Yep- with Ghost Lights you move them where you want them. They're just a fast way to get light sources in your scene and are easy to move. For us lazy folks. It's a click and increase the intensity, or the color, etc. I usually go in and change the lumens to something specialized, but the ease of setting everything up is delightful.

Worth checking out then :D I'll go have alook at them.

edited February 2021

Another remake from Genesis (1) in G8(M). Maybe the last, although I may decide to do one more. We'll see. Dit a lot of changes on this one, because I was never really happy with his original form. He looks a lot better now. At least, I think he does.

Meet the new and hopefully improved T'hayn:

He looks really good.  I like that his horns are more on the sublte side.  And I love his hair color

Thanks :) I wanted to horns to be clearly visible (he has horns, no way around that), but not draw the full focus. 

edited February 2021

He was a man. He could still claim that, here on the rise overlooking the crowd of creatures. Demons, half-demons, men. Men of demon blood. Some showing it in wings and tails, in hooves and horns. Tieflings. Like himself. 

The breeze lifted his hair, blowing a strand across his face. He wanted to run, flee from this senseless, never-ending fighting. But there was nowhere to go. The masters always found him. Somehow. Below him, the first drum started to beat. It sparked something in his blood, in his deepest being. Another one and then a third, forcing his heart to follow their rhythm. "I am a man," he growled under his breath. Then one of the higher ranking fire-breathing overlords on teh field uttered a yell that made the earth shake below his feet, urging him to join de restless mass of beings, tied together by nothing but the demonic blood flowing through their veins. The same curse that gave their leaders power over them. All of them. 

He found himself rushing forward forward to meet the devils that had started to spill from the caves on the other side of the battlefield. Their stink combined with the drums made his bright blue eyes glow red. Was he truly a man? He couldn't tell anymore. As the familiar battle rage came over him, he wondered if this time, he might succeed. Perhaps this time, he would die like he was supposed to. 

Before the Battle

More playing around with Iray.

Wow great story!  The desolate background and the look on his face matches the story very well.

Thank you! The image and story blurp popped into my head as and all-in-one package deal. Glad they match!

edited February 2021

A bit of a quicky, made for Llola's render a month challenge. This month's shape was star and this idea popped into my mind. Best find cover ;)

edited February 2021

Do not challenge Calion and do not tempt me.. wink I'm fairly sure my friend who more or less brought this up knew that perfectly well.

You Were Saying?

(as nothing shows, I assume this is within forum TOS, if not let me know and I'll remove it)

edited February 2021

This happened while I was simply testing that hair and making colour adjustments to make it more suitable for my moody ranger. During the process, he spotted something up ahead, apparently. This is the result.

Wary

edited September 2018

My G8M interpretation of my best friend's pale elf character Losh. (Used with her permission, of course)

Loshy 10 WM.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 357K
    edited February 2021

Got this just in time for Llola's monthly challenge. 

Daydream

edited February 2021

The cellar is one of Isabelle's favorite places in the temple of Lun where she grew up, was trained and later, when she came back from a few years adventuring, worked as a healer. While the cellar itself isn't very charming, being all stony and quite dark, it also is the place where herbs, fresh, dried and drying, and other ingredients for potions, salves and other concotions are kept. It's also a quiet place that's off-limits for visitors, so perfect to sneak away to under the pretence of brewing something. Or to actually go ahead and do that anyway.

Also, a very good excuse to fool around with lights.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Beautiful!

Thank you :D

edited February 2021

Playing around with horse textures. Don't mind me :) Also for Llola's monthy challenge.

Sleepy Horse

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

That' really nice, well donesmiley

• This is good stuff! It's a lot better than anything I've been able to do! I've been playing around with Daz for about a month now and still haven't really delved into it much due to my current system's limitations. I've included an attachment which is an active viewport Iray render I did, which took approx. 1 hour 20 minutes to complete. I used Gaida base material, applied Kikyou morphs, and made some adjustments to the figure. The character is using GeeGee hair, Desert Watcher Top, Rocker Thong, and SAXA Sandals(I'll have to try another render later that has a full-body shot and post it here). The makeup I applied using Skin Builder 8. I didn't put any work into the lighting and simply did a single Distant Light Z: 200 units out in front & Y: 215 units up with X-rotation at 20.8 degrees. Luminous Flux: 128,000, Temperature: 5500K.

I think I might have screwed up the Thong and lower part of the Desert Watcher Top because I tried to apply a silk shader to them and it just doesn't seem to look right when spot rendering those areas.

• This is good stuff! It's a lot better than anything I've been able to do! I've been playing around with Daz for about a month now and still haven't really delved into it much due to my current system's limitations. I've included an attachment which is an active viewport Iray render I did, which took approx. 1 hour 20 minutes to complete. I used Gaida base material, applied Kikyou morphs, and made some adjustments to the figure. The character is using GeeGee hair, Desert Watcher Top, Rocker Thong, and SAXA Sandals(I'll have to try another render later that has a full-body shot and post it here). The makeup I applied using Skin Builder 8. I didn't put any work into the lighting and simply did a single Distant Light Z: 200 units out in front & Y: 215 units up with X-rotation at 20.8 degrees. Luminous Flux: 128,000, Temperature: 5500K.

I think I might have screwed up the Thong and lower part of the Desert Watcher Top because I tried to apply a silk shader to them and it just doesn't seem to look right when spot rendering those areas.

GaidKik1.jpg
    1123 x 869 - 832K
  • Ok, completed the full-body render in Active Viewport of the character. Definitely not professional looking, but its a start at least for me, lol.

GaidKikFull1.jpg
    1123 x 869 - 824K