Cyber Gen 8 [in stores now] [commercial]

DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Based on the Genesis 8 rigging, this is the first true standalone robot able to use G8 male's poses. Some clothing will fit the CG8 and animation blocks perform flawlessly. Unlike my other cyborgs, this set will contain the base endoskeleton with future figures based on this rig. Included with this set is the first character, "Solo" that will come with four unique materials and "smart props".

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• I didn't understand, standalone does mean head morphs and body morphs for G8 will not work on your new robot line rigged to G8? 

Willl have any future kitbashing? Renders are great and amazing, congrats

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    EquisVoid said:

I didn't understand, standalone does mean head morphs and body morphs for G8 will not work on your new robot line rigged to G8? 

Willl have any future kitbashing? Renders are great and amazing, congrats

Morphs shouldn't be used as it's not a Genesis figure but I'm sure someone will do it. Kitbashing on the main rig is exactly what I had in mind. With the main skeleton rigged, the hard part is done for folks who want to create their own characters.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited January 2018

love its bare bones, thanks for answer

I have just noticed on the first renders, one is a cool skull mask and the other reminds me of Iron Man, it's awesome. If you do a third mask, could you do be inspired of a doll ? like a homenage versioning to your old models, I mean a cute misterious white face

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
    edited January 2018

A comparison between Generation 8 and the older, Model 4. As a side note, Model 4's creation was started 10 years ago and it still holds up.

Post edited by DzFire on
  • Can you get it inside G8M, I know with my G8M skeleton I alway got some poke through, this is going to be great for terminator stuff, maybe through some in the promo! Just brilliant modeling !

• The more I look the more I like.

Will you do a new robot dog? Love the headless one from blackmirror

Can you get it inside G8M, I know with my G8M skeleton I alway got some poke through, this is going to be great for terminator stuff, maybe through some in the promo! Just brilliant modeling !

It fits in Genesis 8 with a little poke-through. This was unavoiadable if I wanted the realism. With a bodybuilder pose (like Arnald), this should be no problem to cover up.

• No that will be close enough once you hit it with the muscular morph and turn off the autogen morph it will work great !

DzFire said:

Can you get it inside G8M, I know with my G8M skeleton I alway got some poke through, this is going to be great for terminator stuff, maybe through some in the promo! Just brilliant modeling !

It fits in Genesis 8 with a little poke-through. This was unavoiadable if I wanted the realism. With a bodybuilder pose (like Arnald), this should be no problem to cover up.

Now, I didn't use the "fit to", just the same poses. Too many extra bones ;)
  • JoLabJoLab Posts: 327

This looks awesome, great work. 

If this pans out, I'll release to Poser side of this beast.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

For those who might not be aware of it, DZ's older 'Cyborg Version 4' (the female-looking one) was recently updated for Iray and looks incredibly good when rendered with it.

Looking forward to applying DZ's 'Nurnies Greebles' products on this new robot, to see how militarised I can make it. :)

For those who might not be aware of it, DZ's older 'Cyborg Version 4' (the female-looking one) was recently updated for Iray and looks incredibly good when rendered with it.

Looking forward to applying DZ's 'Nurnies Greebles' products on this new robot, to see how militarised I can make it. :)

All those grebles were made with this in mind.

• wizard1200wizard1200 Posts: 239
    edited January 2018

Could you perhaps release a cyborg that will work with the Genesis 8 Female poses and animations, too?

Post edited by wizard1200 on

Could you perhaps release a cyborg that will work with the Genesis 8 Female poses and animations, too?

In to works
  •  

DzFire said:

Dzfire, would you consider doing a 'DZ's Wired Cables and Leds' or something like this to obtain a more exaggerated space-cyberpunkish look?

EquisVoid said:

DzFire said:

Dzfire, would you consider doing a 'DZ's Wired Cables and Leds' or something like this to obtain a more exaggerated space-cyberpunkish look?

A lot to come in the future. The base figure is just a rigged endoskeleton that anyone could kit bash. This will be a very user friendly figure.
  • pdspds Posts: 593

Definitely excited for this! Not only does it look terrific, but future add-ons sound awesome!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome job! The possibilities are staggering.

• Will be released this month? I am preparing my wallet

EquisVoid said:

Will be released this month? I am preparing my wallet

We can only hope ;)

• For those that want a more human look, I've begun the modeling of the "Trakker" bioshell. I plan to make it possible for the shell to wear G8M clothing, and possibly include a way to use the G8M UVs and textures; the default shell design will use a different UV layout by default.
    For those that want a more human look, I've begun the modeling of the "Trakker" bioshell. I plan to make it possible for the shell to wear G8M clothing, and possibly include a way to use the G8M UVs and textures; the default shell design will use a different UV layout by default.

Too cool!
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

What's 'Trakker'?

What's 'Trakker'?

CyberG8 addon
  • What's 'Trakker'?

Trakker is a human bioshell add-on for CG8M; think T-800 from Terminator and you'll get the general picture.
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I just picked up the Model 4 like, the day before you started this thread lol.  It still looks fantastic and it looks like the new one will be amazing as well.

I just picked up the Model 4 like, the day before you started this thread lol.  It still looks fantastic and it looks like the new one will be amazing as well.

Thank for supporting this starving artist
  • CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

Looks really cool.  I can see some very interesting possibilities with this.

On the G8F version, are there going to be any breast morphs on the exo-plates?  I suspect some people will want well endowed robots.  Me, I'd love to have a flatten morph so the robot is more androgynous.

• Sigh, there goes the food budget again...

Seriously, though, I want this.  I have the V4 and M4 versions, which are awesome, so I'mexpectng to be blown away by a G8 vesion.