edited February 2018

Square

square.jpg
    800 x 800 - 140K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    bigh said:

Square

oooo Bigh.. WONDERFUL idea.. ties in with the holiday too... Holiday??? I guess Valentines is a holiday... lol.   And your art was posted on a new page for me too... too perfect.  Thanks for sharing!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Very good dawnblade, and to think her family told her she would never make a living digging pits.

Who ever said squares were not cool never saw this cutie, very nice bigh.

• Very cute @bigh!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

wow, I didn't even comment on the wonderful last entreis about cross (that fingers corssed one is very cute but the woman at the grave touches me) and there is already a square!

She is beauty squared Bigh!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thank you deeleelaw57. Too funny! Hadn't thought about that. laugh

Bigh, wonderful square in a square render. Great way to kick off February's challenge!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited February 2018

Just a few comments about the latest images for January:

@mori_mann, Your girl is very lovely, even with her cross expression.

@Chameo, This is so cute. What parent with children over the age of 3 hasn't lived this scenario at least a dozen times!? I love that her fingers are crossed as she's crossing her heart.

@dmb, I didn't know Paxton, but I can relate to your loss. A very lovely memorial. Please accept this virtual hug.

xmasrose, I like this setting. The apparent grave in the field by itself, with ruins in the background, feels like a memorial to all who died in whatever holocaust decimated the city. The kneeling man gives me the impression of having lived with his grief for years, with the overgrown field showing the memorial isn't kept up any more. (And the kittie was a nice touch.)

@dawnblade, I've heard the term "crossed his palm" used this way many times. I like the fantasy element. Tell me, did the orc let her go, after accepting the silver?

I love how creative everyone was with showcasing "cross" last month. Looks like "Shapes" is going to be fun all year long.

@bigh, Such a fun image, as usual. The little fairy is adorable, and that expression! I'm still smiling!

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

thank you all !

Thank you L'Adair! The elf may have been clumsy but she's no fool: she gave the Orc another piece of silver to get her home safely, thus employing her as bodyguard. smiley

edited February 2018

Third Boxcar Midnight Train

Third Box Car Midnight Train.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 195K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

wonderful render

Great render @deeleelaw57!

Third boxcar, midnight train, destination, Bangor, Maine.
    Old worn out clothes and shoes,
    I don't pay no union dues,
    I smoke old stogies I have found short, but not too big around
    I'm a man of means by no means, king of the road.

Roger Miller

Thank you bigh and dawnblade. Now the fun is to see how many get that song stuck in their heads.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited February 2018

@deeleelaw57 Very good idea and cool render!

@L'Adair Thank you. You're pretty close to the story I had in my mind creating the image. Except it's supposed to be an older woman (but I agree it doesn't show) not a man surprise

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thank you bigh and dawnblade. Now the fun is to see how many get that song stuck in their heads.

I already do have it stuck in my head aas soon as I saw the render lol!

Amazing render Dee!!

Thank you xmasrose and Saphirewild

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited February 2018

And here's mine - ketteh less I fear! ;)

Post edited by Chohole on

very cool work

Some mighty nice work SimonJM. From her smile and direction of her gaze I would say ketteh is sleeping on the fourth stair up.

Some mighty nice work SimonJM. From her smile and direction of her gaze I would say ketteh is sleeping on the fourth stair up.

Good thinking!

• Very creative (and beautiful) render!

edited February 2018

Just for fun, this is the full-size image used ifor the painting (using the same girl and clothes, but posed outside) and post-worked with FotoSketcher:

Test_X_FotoSketcher.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

What a beautiful render Simon!!

• RARA Posts: 78
    SimonJM said:

Love the light in your room, Simon

What a beautiful render Simon!!

RA said:
    SimonJM said:

Love the light in your room, Simon

Thanks, glad you liked it.

I had to cheat a little witht he lighting as I used the same HDRI of the painting render, and added a soft dome from the Ultra Genesis lproduct line to boost the interior lighti level.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

adorable Cupid, @bigh! Nicely squared and ready for a stamp and postage.

@deeleelaw57 - lovely and poignant! King of the Road, indeed.

@SimonJM - stunning! All those squares!! and the painting caught my eye immediately.

Chameo said:

adorable Cupid, @bigh! Nicely squared and ready for a stamp and postage.

@deeleelaw57 - lovely and poignant! King of the Road, indeed.

@SimonJM - stunning! All those squares!! and the painting caught my eye immediately.

I was just thinking, all what squares, there's only a couple, when it dawned on me, that iron grid in the backgorund - full of square and I did not even (conciously) realise it! surpriseblush

Third Boxcar Midnight Train

Oh Dee.. that's a great idea... Third car... Midnight Train.. to Georgia???  Worked for the song.. lol.  Thanks for sharing!

SimonJM said:

OH NOOOOOOOOO... no Kitteh??? for shame... but... LOTS of squares... so we are good ;)  Thanks for sharing Simon.... Hugzzzzzzz

SimonJM said:

Just for fun, this is the full-size image used ifor the painting (using the same girl and clothes, but posed outside) and post-worked with FotoSketcher:

hum.. Simon .. Simon... (counts... one .. two...)  Only supposed to be one render per person.... per month... I guess you are flustered with no kitteh in the doorway.  lol... rules.. rules... rules... are there too many rules????  lol

That aside... i do like the fotosketcher artwork the best ;)