Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Wow L'Adair that awesome and really lovely. All that time you invested was well used yes

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Linwelly said:

my render is cooking right now, the question is how long it will take...

done cooking:

somewhere in the deep bamboo-forest you can find this place, a golden pagoda at the center of a cross shaped place where nothing ever grows

Iray with gimp

this was some experiment, for one with ultrascatter and then with marshians above the fog, both used for the first time in a published render

Well worth waiting for - great idea for the cross.

L'Adair said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

(Like all my images, best viewed full-size, which you can do from the gallery page here.)

Please tell me his first name is not Ivor .... cheeky

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2018

Great entries so far! I think I have an idea. Now to find time to actually put it together.. Ah well, a few days left, including a weekend. Should be doable, right?

Post edited by mori_mann on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    SimonJM said:
    Linwelly said:

done cooking:

somewhere in the deep bamboo-forest you can find this place, a golden pagoda at the center of a cross shaped place where nothing ever grows

Iray with gimp

this was some experiment, for one with ultrascatter and then with marshians above the fog, both used for the first time in a published render

L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

(Like all my images, best viewed full-size, which you can do from the gallery page here.)

I'm afraid I don't get the joke, SimonJM. Who is Ivor? As for names, I didn't really name any of the characters. I decided to use BobbleHead in the title somehow, just to make it clear the figures on the cake are bobbleheads. After several failed attempts, I came up with the current title.

Seriously, who is this Ivor you are referring to. Google was not helpful.

mori_mann said:

Great entries so far! I think I have an idea. Now to find time to actually put it together.. Ah well, a few days left, including a weekend. Should be doable, right?

Thank you.

I want to do an entry for the PFDLives thread as well, so I think you're right, that there is enough time to get an entry in before the end of the month. (I just need to remember to keep it simple...!)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    L'Adair said:
    SimonJM said:
    Linwelly said:

done cooking:

Iray with gimp

L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

I'm afraid I don't get the joke, SimonJM. Who is Ivor? As for names, I didn't really name any of the characters. I decided to use BobbleHead in the title somehow, just to make it clear the figures on the cake are bobbleheads. After several failed attempts, I came up with the current title.

mori_mann said:

Thank you.

I want to do an entry for the PFDLives thread as well, so I think you're right, that there is enough time to get an entry in before the end of the month. (I just need to remember to keep it simple...!)

It was an attempt at a pun .. Ivor Bobbelhead sounds like I've a bobblehead .. I'll get me coat cheeky

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    SimonJM said:
    Linwelly said:

done cooking:

Iray with gimp

L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

mori_mann said:

Thank you.

It was an attempt at a pun .. Ivor Bobbelhead sounds like I've a bobblehead .. I'll get me coat cheeky

Ah. Sorry I didn't catch it. "Ima" bit sleep-deprived these days. angel

edited January 2018

It looks like someone tried to (double?) cross Nia'rith, she's very cross with the person in question..

And some other.. cross references ;)

Nia - Cross 9 Small.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 187K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

If she is cross enough to cross the line I wouldn't want to be the one who had crossed her. Very nice mori-mann' you can see the anger in her gaze.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Nice wordplay and wonderful render, that expression is just great!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,059
    mori_mann said:

mori_mann said:

It looks like someone tried to (double?) cross Nia'rith, she's very cross with the person in question..

And some other.. cross references ;)

WHEW.. you made it mori_mann  ... With a few days to spare too ;)  No reason to be cross lil girl... Only 4 more days and the puns will be over... lol.  Thanks for joining the fun and sharing!

(copies what she posted over at the PFDLives forum...lol)  Looking ahead to February... don't be SQUARE...  join in the fun!  (for those that like to work ahead ;))

SimonJM said:
    L'Adair said:
    SimonJM said:
    Linwelly said:

done cooking:

Iray with gimp

L'Adair said:

Mr. and Mrs. BobbleHead

mori_mann said:

Thank you.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. I didn't get it either.. LOL... got it!  I tried looking it up... lol.  duhh.. all I found were sports bobbleheads... LOL ... Maybe Iva Bobblehead would work???  lol... anyway... got it!  (goes to bed now!)

Thanks for the nice comments :D 

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306
    edited January 2018

So many gorgeous renders, and so many interpretations of the cross theme! I'll make time later to come back and comment individually, but I'm honestly blown away by ALL of them. I finally got one put together and baked...

It wasn't me, mom, cross my heart! (Fingers crossed!)

cross my heart - fingers crossed done.jpg
    995 x 965 - 530K
    Post edited by Chameo on
  • dmbdmb Posts: 4
    edited January 2018

I only do renders once in a Blue Moon and I'm not very good at them, but this one is in memory of Paxton. Llola and myself knew Paxton for many years and we lost him earlier this month. Paxton was gifted professional graphic artist and a witty political cartooonist.  This one is for you Bro.

Daz 3D library background, cross and name made in Blender

Paxton's Cross.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 375K
    Post edited by dmb on
    dmb said:

I only do renders once in a Blue Moon and I'm not very good at them, but this one is in memory of Paxton. Llola and myself knew Paxton for many years and we lost him earlier this month. Paxton was gifted professional graphic artist and a witty political cartooonist.  This one is for you Bro.

Daz 3D library background, cross and name made in Blender

Awe DMB.. you are gonna make me cry again... He was like our brother.  Sometimes friends are more family than family.  He would be proud.  Thanks for sharing.  I give you an A+ ;)  Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chameo said:

So many gorgeous renders, and so many interpretations of the cross theme! I'll make time later to come back and comment individually, but I'm honestly blown away by ALL of them. I finally got one put together and baked...

It wasn't me, mom, cross my heart! (Fingers crossed!)

oo great idea Chameo  ... Fingers crossed makes a great cross... So glad you decided to join us!  Thanks oodles for sharing.

Very nice Chameo, how could anyone not believe such a cute young lady. It would be helpful if she had a younger brother to blame.

Well done DMB a fitting tribute to any friend or family member.

• So many ways to illustrate the word cross! I am just amazed.

I'll come back later to comment.

RL has been taking up most of my energy so I made a very simple render. Hope you like it.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice

I like your render xmasrose and the serenity it represents.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

What an amzing render Xmasrose!!!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

"She crossed her palm with silver to free her from the pit"

Cross.jpg
    1361 x 881 - 668K
  • Great image @dawnblade.

Thank you very much @bigh, @deeleelaw57, @Saphirewild.

edited February 2018
    dawnblade said:

"She crossed her palm with silver to free her from the pit"

WOW.. Just under the wire Dawnblade... whew.. Thanks for sharing!!!  Never heard of that saying before... goes to show.. you learn something new every day ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited February 2018

oops.. sorry I missed your art xmasrose... WOW.. so relaistic... Looks like a photograph... and you get extra brownie points for the kitteh ;)  Thanks for sharing!

Post edited by Llola Lane on

OK Gang... February is but a whisper away (depending on where you live)... Don't be SQUARE... join the SHAPE challenge... ALL are welcome!

Thank you xmasrose and Llola Lane!

I like the elephant crossing, bigh!
    deeleelaw57: Nice! She's going to need more than one cup to straighten those eyes, especially if that storm continues.
    Beautiful render Llola Lane!
    Great throwback to the Beatles, luci45!
    Very cool scene nattaruk! I see the pipes crossed too.
    What a beautiful render Saphirewild! I love the sky you used.
    Linwelly, great work with Ultrascatter, and the perspective is perfect with Above the Fog. I'm usually setting up my scene at ground level and wondering why the fog isn't working. :)
    Very cool sunflare SimonJM. Oh, and the subtle crosses on each wing!
    Wow L'Adair! That is awesome.
    Great expression and pose mori_mann, and I even see a cross pattern in the background.
    Such a sweet child Chameo. She deserves a cookie!
    Beautiful render dmb.
    Awesome scene xmasrose.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

thank you !