• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

video

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Cool - nice real world example.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

That is awesome, Wendy!

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited January 2018

WOW Alberto, thank you for the christmas present and all your hard work.

I couldn't resist playing with it before I knew what I was was doing. This is my first attempt at using the FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara.  I used a cell size of .07 and a level of subdivision of 4.  I also turned on Anisotropic and use diffuse particles. It uses a genesis 1 figure as the liquid and a DAZ Skeleton as a solid.  I rendered a 4 sec simulation and then reversed and slowed it down in After effects.

This plug-in is so much fun and has got me so excited for all the possibilities. This is very rough and needs lot of improvements (I don't have any idea what I am doing). Any tips or suggestions on how to improve the simulation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again.

Post edited by Joepingleton on

LOL!!! That totally rocks, Joe! Bravo!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Nice to see you again Joe!

I just finished a similar test and slowed down in AE too. (no time to post it on YT, I must start to stay 3 days in Brussels...).

The problem is: the Carrara gravity don't have any effect on the simulation, is it another way to slow it down?

I have also a few other questions, but I must leave now...

You can set the force in the Fluid Domain - it is usually set to -32 in the Z-axis which is 32 ft/sec/sec which is normal gravity. If you want a different gravitational value, then simply reduce (or increase) this value.

• This is great. I just downloaded and can't wait to start playing with this new plugin for Carrara.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    edited January 2018
    th3Digit said:

video

Is that an emitter?

Post edited by Imago on
    Imago said:
    th3Digit said:

Is that an emitter?

Yes, must be.

edited January 2018

After biting off more than I could chew in my first experiment, I watched Phil great video tutorial by Phil (Thank you for sharing the knowledge).  So I thought I should play with the basics.

This quick experiment consists of four basic simulations using the FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara. The first simulation is a basic scene using a sphere as a liquid. The second simulation uses a FLUIDOS fluid source with a rotation behavior modifier. The third simulation uses a Carrara torque force on a square water surface. The fourth simulation uses a sphere dropped into a square water surface using Carrara's physics engine. Finally, I slowed everything down to half speed in After Effects.

Great examples!

PhilW said:

Yes, must be.

So someone can explain me how to have them working? crying
    I tried many times, but the emitted particles are totally ignored by the simulation and I get only empty files! sad

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

After biting off more than I could chew in my first experiment, I watched Phil great video tutorial by Phil (Thank you for sharing the knowledge).  So I thought I should play with the basics.

This quick experiment consists of four basic simulations using the FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara. The first simulation is a basic scene using a sphere as a liquid. The second simulation uses a FLUIDOS fluid source with a rotation behavior modifier. The third simulation uses a Carrara torque force on a square water surface. The fourth simulation uses a sphere dropped into a square water surface using Carrara's physics engine. Finally, I slowed everything down to half speed in After Effects.

thanks Joe, that's gobsmackingcool

Joe, you've just confirmed with that video that Fluidos does everything I want it to. Thanks. And that to all, showing demos.

A quick demo and tutorial to show the use of Fluid Sources in the Fluidos Fluid Simulation plugin for Carrara. Enjoy!

edited January 2018

I have been playing with trying to fill a round glass with FLUIDOS and ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.  

I seem to have sprung a leak half way through the simulation.  I am just using the default settings.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Dartanbeck - I was concerned that they were too simple, but I learned a lot from the experiments

PhilW - Thank you for another great turorial

Dartanbeck - I was concerned that they were too simple, but I learned a lot from the experiments

A lot of great things can come from "simple", expecially when we give those simple things a little push! ;)

PhilW said:

A quick demo and tutorial to show the use of Fluid Sources in the Fluidos Fluid Simulation plugin for Carrara. Enjoy!

Thanks PhilW!!!

I seem to have sprung a leak half way through the simulation.  I am just using the default settings.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling that it has to do with the thickness of the glass in that grooved out area compared to the resolution of the fluid(?)

PhilW said:

Video tutorial

That's really cool! I was wondering how to make a water domain that's already full and calm at the start, and was guessing the right thing, I can see here. This is a really, Really wonderful thing we have!

I hope everyone downloads this and enjoys it and sends Alberto their thanks for this very special gift! 

Thanks again, Alberto!

And I'd like to extend my thanks to all of you posting your ideas, workflows, videos and tutorials. I cannot express enough gratitude for this stuff!

• I seem to have sprung a leak half way through the simulation.  I am just using the default settings.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling that it has to do with the thickness of the glass in that grooved out area compared to the resolution of the fluid(?)

Thank you

I have tried it with several different objects.  I tried a hollowed out cylinder and a vertex object.  I went back to this first one after all the others showed the same probelm.  I also tried different cell sizes on the sim (.5,.25,.125) and still had the same problem.  Maybe I am just missing something on how the sim fills an object.  I'll keep experimenting.

Thank you

I have tried it with several different objects.  I tried a hollowed out cylinder and a vertex object.  I went back to this first one after all the others showed the same probelm.  I also tried different cell sizes on the sim (.5,.25,.125) and still had the same problem.  Maybe I am just missing something on how the sim fills an object.  I'll keep experimenting.

Check the advice HERE and see what they say. I was thinking it might be the same sort of issue. Maybe not.

anyone feel like building one of these ?

http://www.ingenia.org.uk/Ingenia/Articles/1066

Head Wax is in the mood to hop on that surf board!!! :)

Here, friend... let Sina and her Dad get you into the groove!

Head Wax is in the mood to hop on that surf board!!! :)

Here, friend... let Sina and her Dad get you into the groove!

https:// youtu.be/yQeC_6bOFqs

wowza, that's one groovey chick, I'm dancing on my desk here :) somehow Parkinson's and Multitasking come to mind - :)

If you are not Wipeing Out, then you are not trying :)

I wanna wipe out on a tsunami as well, damn it!

PhilW said:

Thanks, Phil! It was simplier than I thought!
    But... It seems the emitter can't be parented to nothing... I put a cube inside the domain, parented the emitter just outside cube's profile and... Nothing! crying
    I tried many times putting the emitter "inside" and "outside" the cube, the domain simply ignores the emitter inside the cube...
    It's a software limitation or there is a workaround?

head wax said:

anyone feel like building one of these ?

http://www.ingenia.org.uk/Ingenia/Articles/1066

I bet you could create some interesting models of some of these which would work with Fluidos.

edited January 2018
    Imago said:
    PhilW said:

But... It seems the emitter can't be parented to nothing... I put a cube inside the domain, parented the emitter just outside cube's profile and... Nothing! crying
    I tried many times putting the emitter "inside" and "outside" the cube, the domain simply ignores the emitter inside the cube...

If you have a static cube in your scene it will be "seen" by the Fluidos plugin as a solid. So if you put the Source inside the cube, it is like having a tap inside a block of concrete. If you want to fill the cube, you would need for the cube to have thickness in the walls so that the Source is placed in free space and not in the middle of a solid. Or have I misunderstood the issue?

Also keep in mind that the simulation is built on an underlying grid of finite size, if tolerances are less than this grid size, things can be misinterpreted. Like Joe's issue with the glass above, the thickness of the glass needs to be enough to be "seen" by the simulation grid. I think there will be a need in some cases to use proxies - so for example make a thicker glass and use that in the actual simulation, then make that invisible and use your original glass for the render.

Post edited by PhilW on
    PhilW said:
    Imago said:
    PhilW said:

If you have a static cube in your scene it will be "seen" by the Fluidos plugin as a solid. So if you put the Source inside the cube, it is like having a tap inside a block of concrete. If you want to fill the cube, you would need for the cube to have thickness in the walls so that the Source is placed in free space and not in the middle of a solid. Or have I misunderstood the issue?

Also keep in mind that the simulation is built on an underlying grid of finite size, if tolerances are less than this grid size, things can be misinterpreted. Like Joe's issue with the glass above, the thickness of the glass needs to be enough to be "seen" by the simulation grid. I think there will be a need in some cases to use proxies - so for example make a thicker glass and use that in the actual simulation, then make that invisible and use your original glass for the render.

I wanted the emitter to be parented to a movable object to have the same orientation (Garden hose, for example) and be animated easily.
    I said I parented the emitter right out of cube mesh to avoid it block the flow (half centimeter from the cube's surface) so I could move the emitter along it and keep the orientation. But it simply doesn't compute if the emitter is parented to the cube.
    Another thing that I found out is that the particles doesn't hit chars. I saw the cyclopostrych move the water and hoped for the best... But my Genesis1 char seems to be just thin air to the simulation...
    Plus, if I use a bit more of "power" (The velocity) in the spray it just separate in several cubes that totally ruins the simulation.

If I can solve these 3 problems, I will be the happiest man in the world!