FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara -- version 1.3 update

2456720

Comments

  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 559

    First -Big thanks to Alberto and PhilW - Download from shareCG This morning {australia time}.

    Unfortunately my first sim came up with an error.- unable to load .dll file.

    Initially I put all Fluidos files in a folder within Extensions and the fluidos.dll directly in the Extensions folder. After unsuccessful simulation , I tried putting all files in the Extensions folder which didn.t fix anything.

    I am at the moment unable to access the page with the bug update mentioned in Albertos first post. Could this bug be anything to do with lthat .dll. not loading. If not, any suggestions ?

    Image attached showing setup and the error message when starting the sim.

     

    Fluidos 1.JPG
    932 x 460 - 59K
  • well I stuck all the files including the nvidia one just loose in my extensions folder to make it work

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,709

    00seven - no the update was not about that, it was a minor bug fix. Like Wendy, I also have all the files directly in the Extensions folder. The only other thing that I can think of is that you put the wrong dll in there, ie. you used the Nvidia one when you have an AMD card or vice versa?  Or that you have neither card?

  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 559

    PhilW  said. "you used the Nvidia one when you have an AMD card or vice versa?  Or that you have neither card?"

    I have a Nvidea GTX 780M  and I was careful to unzip the Nvidea .DLL file  and not the AMD one though I will double check and try installing it again. Meanwhile thanks.and also Thx for the tutorial.

  • ImagoImago Posts: 1,839

    I'm having an odd situation:
    I have a Fluid Domain (8x8x8 meters) with a "liquid" sphere inside. The simulation goes smoothly and all the files are created in the right folder.
    But when I try to load it in a second Fluid Domain of same size and same position, the domain goes to 20x21x23 meters and it's impossible to resize it back to 8x8x8...
    I'm doing something wrong?

  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,237

    did you set the position/size on frame zero?

  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,237

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,709
    Imago said:

    I'm having an odd situation:
    I have a Fluid Domain (8x8x8 meters) with a "liquid" sphere inside. The simulation goes smoothly and all the files are created in the right folder.
    But when I try to load it in a second Fluid Domain of same size and same position, the domain goes to 20x21x23 meters and it's impossible to resize it back to 8x8x8...
    I'm doing something wrong?

    When you add the second Fluid Domain with the Modifier to visualise the simulation, ensure that the origin is in the same location as the original Fluid Domain - but leave it at the default size. The simulation files are written out at the scale that it was simulated at, so if you scale the "visualiser" you are effectively scaling it twice. 

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,709

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

    LOL! And it's funny - because we've all been there at one time or another!

  • PhilW said:

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

    LOL! And it's funny - because we've all been there at one time or another!

    yes sticks her hand up going oooh ooh  forgetting to tick the this is a fluid box etc

  • ImagoImago Posts: 1,839
    PhilW said:

    When you add the second Fluid Domain with the Modifier to visualise the simulation, ensure that the origin is in the same location as the original Fluid Domain - but leave it at the default size. The simulation files are written out at the scale that it was simulated at, so if you scale the "visualiser" you are effectively scaling it twice. 

    Oooook! Got it!
    I'm also trying to have the default particle emitter work with Fluidos, but I get only empty files! crying
    I would love to use those and see them stick on primitives and chars...

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 502
    0oseven said:

    First -Big thanks to Alberto and PhilW - Download from shareCG This morning {australia time}.

    Unfortunately my first sim came up with an error.- unable to load .dll file.

    Initially I put all Fluidos files in a folder within Extensions and the fluidos.dll directly in the Extensions folder. After unsuccessful simulation , I tried putting all files in the Extensions folder which didn.t fix anything.

    I am at the moment unable to access the page with the bug update mentioned in Albertos first post. Could this bug be anything to do with lthat .dll. not loading. If not, any suggestions ?

    Image attached showing setup and the error message when starting the sim.

     

    This error message appears if the plugin could not find the fluidsim.dll or maybe it is corrupt and unreadable. 

    Try to install again this file; if don't succeed, let me know, please.

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 13,976

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

    That's just awesome! I needed a good smile today! Stayed up all night working on an animation - finally set it to render and went to bed to await the results - get back to my empty desktop to see the little window "Windows has restarted you Computer"!!! I tell you, Win10 just doesn't care if we're in the middle of stuff - even when all cpu are cranked up to 100%!!! WTF?!!!

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 13,976
    th3Digit said:
    PhilW said:

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

    LOL! And it's funny - because we've all been there at one time or another!

    yes sticks her hand up going oooh ooh  forgetting to tick the this is a fluid box etc

    Just awesome!!! Thanks!

  • ImagoImago Posts: 1,839

    That's just awesome! I needed a good smile today! Stayed up all night working on an animation - finally set it to render and went to bed to await the results - get back to my empty desktop to see the little window "Windows has restarted you Computer"!!! I tell you, Win10 just doesn't care if we're in the middle of stuff - even when all cpu are cranked up to 100%!!! WTF?!!!

    Chance activity time, this solves!

  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 559

    #Alberto   - This error message appears if the plugin could not find the fluidsim.dll or maybe it is corrupt and unreadable. Try to install again this file; if don't succeed, let me know, please.

    Yes I reinstalled the DLL file [ making sure it was Nvidea version ]  and also I have updated my Nvidea drivers and made sure Cararra is set  to run with NV Graphics. Unfortunately still get same error so I guess the file is corrupt in some way. I haven't had time to re download from Share Cg but if you could email your copy to, [email protected]  - I could see if that fixes it.

    As it is Xmas, time available for trials is spasmodic and results maybe influenced by a glass or two of wine  !! devil  By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !

  • kboomkboom Posts: 4

    Regrettably I must report exactly  the same .dll problem as 0oseven. Reloaded from CGshare and still no joy. Thanks for your help.

  • namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 129

    Hi there, this is the best christmas gift, thank you!

    I wonder, it is compatible with octane render or can be exported as obj? 

  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 502
    namtar3d said:

    Hi there, this is the best christmas gift, thank you!

    I wonder, it is compatible with octane render or can be exported as obj? 

    You're welcome!

    It is octane render compatible. No need to be exported.

  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,096

    To stop windows from updatin unexpectedly change it to a metered connection and disconnect the internet network cable. So it cant see Microsoft.

  • hey Alberto! thanks so much, this is the terrificest !

  • Thanks Alberto, mine loaded ok... just having trouble getting it to do something lol... but that is just me..

     

    maybe antiVirus software is causing problems for some users .. 

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,709
    namtar3d said:


    I wonder, it is compatible with octane render or can be exported as obj? 

    Yes it is compatible with Octane and yes you can export individual frames as an obj. Essentially each frame is a separate object.

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,048

    Hey 007 and kboom, are you both using laptops with nvidia graphics cards?

    Can you check if you are using only the external graphics, or do you mix integrated Intel graphics for power saving with discrete NVIDIA graphics?

    For example like a BIOS option that says "Discrete only"?

    Or download GPU Caps viewer and check both GPU and OpenCL pages. If you have more than 1 devices, I guess you need to disable the Intel graphics via BIOS.

    http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

    You should also be able to run the OpenCL demos on both GPU and CPU, to check that the OpenCL driver is correctly installed.

  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 559

    3drendero #   Yes mine is a laptop  the M on the gtx780m Card istands for mobile. I had a similar problem with another software recently [ akytsu ]  and the developer emailied  his DLL file then evrything worked.  However, can say that graphics is Intel  except on software I nominate in the Nvidea Control Panel and Carrara is set for NVidea. I guess that makes it mixed.but I haven't set anything in BIOS myself..So before playing with Bios and Caps Viewer as you suggest I'll see what Alberto recommends. Meantime  -thank you for your response.smiley

  • Wendy_CarraraWendy_Carrara Posts: 17,950
    edited December 2017

    I am having the issue again where fluids ignore objects I place in the domain like this terrain even though solid, not sure what is going on there

    this one I have retried a few times with increasingly smaller cell sizes but it just falls through the terrain as if its not there

    Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 334K
    Post edited by Wendy_Carrara on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,237

    So, after 20 minutes  came back to the computer and realised I hadn't clicked the go button on the simulation dialog! blush

    That's just awesome! I needed a good smile today! Stayed up all night working on an animation - finally set it to render and went to bed to await the results - get back to my empty desktop to see the little window "Windows has restarted you Computer"!!! I tell you, Win10 just doesn't care if we're in the middle of stuff - even when all cpu are cranked up to 100%!!! WTF?!!!

    Been there. angry

  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,237
    th3Digit said:

    I am having the issue again where fluids ignore objects I place in the domain like this terrain even though solid, not sure what is going on there

    this one I have retried a few times with increasingly smaller cell sizes but it just falls through the terrain as if its not there

    I don't have a problem with objects being ignored, but I've got a terrain made up from multiple pieces, and no matter how well I intersect them, it still seems to find places to leak out. In the end I had to extrude one piece into a continuous channel. Only then would it fill with water!

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,709
    edited December 2017

    If objects are being ignored, you could check the following:

    - is the object parented to the Fluid Domain - if not it will be ignored;

    - is the object solid, ie. it has a definite inside and outside, if not this will cause issues (see the manual regarding terrains and the ocean primitive)

    - is the object at least as thick as the grid size?

    I think you have accounted for these and I can't think of anything else - maybe Alberto may have an idea.

    P.S. I did a quick test of overlapping objects and that worked OK for me.

    Post edited by PhilW on
Sign In or Register to comment.