FLUIDOS plugin for Carrara -- version 1.4 update

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Coolio!

i have a problem. I think there's a ghost in Carrara. My fluid domains keep moving by themselves.

Hot point stays at 0,0,0; object goes flying off somewhere.

Ghosts are scary! crying

Anyway, go to your timeline and check the last frame of the Visualizer and delete it, then recreate it by clicking "activate" and bringing it to 100%. It should fix your scene.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

It's uploaded the Fuidos v 1.3 https://sharecg.com/v/90155/browse/9/Plug-in/Fluidos

Changes:
        • Faster and less memory needed for objects only partially inside the Fluid Domain
        • Added an adjust factor for high precision viscosity simulations.
        • The smoothing is better in the interfaces liquid-solid when there are curved obstacles (smooth the “stairs”).
        • Expanded the limits of particle emission rates sliders and Smoothing iterations.
        • Reduced the limits of Particle jitter factor to avoid crashes,
        • Reorganized the Fluid Domain parameters tab.
        • Added functionality for animated solids (they can push fluid now).
        • Added functionality for spatially variable viscosity

Bugs fixed:

• Flow force didn’t work in many scenes.
        • Point force didn’t work properly as square inverse (this was a subtle bug).
        • If an obstacle with a surface force was initially outside the domain, the plugin stops with an error when the obstacle reaches the domain.
        • Every second frame, the body forces (gravity) were applied two times.
        • If the chosen preferred device was CPU and the simulation was stopped and resumed, the device automatically was changed to GPU.
        • Diffuse particles simulation sometimes could crash the plugin.
        • CFL condition number didn’t work properly

`

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

thank you yes

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

The ability of moving solids to push the fluid is a really big one for me - I have done some testing for Alvin and it works really well. Proper wakes on moving boats is just one use for it.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Thank you, I can't wait to try this new version!

The main problem for me is still the same: I can't visualize the flood during the calculations, if the result is not good, I wait sometime a few hours for nothing!

Isn't a way to choose a frame in the timeline and calculate/visualize it only?

One approach would be to run a lower resolution simulation to test the overall fluid movement, which can run much quicker. Once you are happy with that, then do your production simulation.

• Very Thank you..

DUDU said:

Thank you, I can't wait to try this new version!

The main problem for me is still the same: I can't visualize the flood during the calculations, if the result is not good, I wait sometime a few hours for nothing!

Isn't a way to choose a frame in the timeline and calculate/visualize it only?

There are two other approachs.

Do first a very coarse simulation, you probably don't get nothing but the files were generated, so FluidS is aware of the number of them when is enabled. Next, do one or the other: 

1.  Next, put temporaly the 100% completion one or two frames after the intended final frame. Let active the FluidS and run the simulation. The object with FluidS will show the resulting simulation (a little unsyncronized) during running as the time in the sequencer is advancing (Although, not always Carrara shows the time advancing in sequencer, not even updates the clock in its toolbar, I don't know why).

2. This is more reliable: you can open a second Carrara instance with a a FluidS pointing to the folder of the active simulation. You could see the frames you wish by moving the Current bar time in the sequencer.

th3Digit said:

thank you yes

Very Thank you..

You're welcome! smiley

Selina said:

¡Gracias por todo su apoyo y hacer tan buen trabajo!

Thanks for your support and doing such a great job!

¡Gracias también a ustedes por su apoyo e inspiración!

Thank you all, too, for your support and inspiration!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Thank you, @Alberto.  Your hard work is very much appreciated

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

What every one else said. You rock  @Alberto.  Who would have thought such a plugin was possible!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    head wax said:

Who would have thought such a plugin was possible!

not me... 

@Alberto is the bestest... 

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow - this is wonderful!  Boat wakes too!

Many thanks!

Diomede said:

Thank you, @Alberto.  Your hard work is very much appreciated

head wax said:

What every one else said. You rock  @Alberto.  Who would have thought such a plugin was possible!

Stezza said:
    head wax said:

Who would have thought such a plugin was possible!

not me... 

@Alberto is the bestest... 

Greymom said:

Wow - this is wonderful!  Boat wakes too!

Many thanks!

You're welcome, and thanks to all !

This an example of Fluidos "modelling" with high viscosity:

I used a Genesis base figure with walk cycles on a very high viscosity fluid. The boy, K4, is kneling on another fluid.

This example was done in Daz Studio (a native Fluidos plugin version used), no postwork. But the same can be done in Carrara, of course.

More examples in this gallery:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/3425966/

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Wow the snow prints are impressive 

Alvin - very clever ise of your plugin!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Footprints in snow - never would have thought of that!  So.....magical creature running across surface of lake too.... or indents in sheets or carpets maybe...   Cool!

edited July 2018
    th3Digit said:

Wow the snow prints are impressive 

PhilW said:

Alvin - very clever ise of your plugin!

Thank you!

Greymom said:

Footprints in snow - never would have thought of that!  So.....magical creature running across surface of lake too.... or indents in sheets or carpets maybe...   Cool!

Good ideas!

This way, I did the footprints. This animation was done in Daz Studio, but, like I said, the same can be done in Carrara.

Post edited by Alberto on

Brilliant animation!

Nice Alberto!
    I  made something similar a few years ago with the physic engine: a soft body plane (hight resolution meshes) attached on another rigid plane.
    The feets of the character passed throught these planes and leaves some tracks when they cames out of the holes, but it's better with fluidos!
    I made also the wakes (soft) of a boat with the same process.

I have a problem with this new version of Fluidos: see the picture...
    This message appears when I want to launch the simulation and/or when I want to add a domain to visualize the particles.
    Is it because I installed the DCG Pack? I don't think so...

Capture.PNG
    709 x 507 - 42K
    edited July 2018
    DUDU said:

Nice Alberto!
    I  made something similar a few years ago with the physic engine: a soft body plane (hight resolution meshes) attached on another rigid plane.
    The feets of the character passed throught these planes and leaves some tracks when they cames out of the holes, but it's better with fluidos!
    I made also the wakes (soft) of a boat with the same process.

I have a problem with this new version of Fluidos: see the picture...
    This message appears when I want to launch the simulation and/or when I want to add a domain to visualize the particles.
    Is it because I installed the DCG Pack? I don't think so...

This happens when the engine (fluidsim.dll) don't correspond to the plugin (fluidos.mcx). Be sure you updated both (the date of each is July 17th)

Post edited by Alberto on
    PhilW said:

Brilliant animation!

Thank you!

Alberto said:
    DUDU said:

This happens when the engine (fluidsim.dll) don't correspond to the plugin (fluidos.mcx). Be sure you updated both (the date of each is July 17th)

I deleted the old files before to paste the new ones, and the dates of both are 18.07.18.

DUDU said:
    Alberto said:
    DUDU said:

I deleted the old files before to paste the new ones, and the dates of both are 18.07.18.

Date Modified? (these are the ones with 17.07.18). fluidsim must have 1,216,000 bytes and Fluidos.mcx, 260,608 bytes.

This is an image of the uncompressed file.

How many hours between Belgium and your country?

Fluidos 1.3.PNG
    889 x 372 - 29K
    DUDU said:

This is an image of the uncompressed file.

How many hours between Belgium and your country?

Seven hours between Belgium and México. Taking this into account, the files dates are correct.

Are the same in the Extension folder? (fluidsim.dll must be directly in the Extension folder, the other files could be in a subfolder)

edited July 2018

AAAAARGH! I forgot that, I droped all the pack in the "Extensions" folder!

Sorry for this oversight...(I deserve a kicks in the pants!).smiley

I'll try it tomorrow again, thank you!

Post edited by DUDU on
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455
    Alberto said:
    Diomede said:
    This example was done in Daz Studio (a native Fluidos plugin version used), no postwork. But the same can be done in Carrara, of course.

Is there a DAZ Studio Fluidos plugin currently available?

FirePro9 said:
    Alberto said:
    Diomede said:

Is there a DAZ Studio Fluidos plugin currently available?

I think it will be available soon. I submited to Daz store and they're finishing the testings.