Problem Getting Correct Blend In Wound Makeup Artist G2F

Post voluntarily removed by user.

Post edited by alesiaschumann on

Comments

• Hi all,

Does any of you know how to solve problems with Wound Makeup Artist G2F failures?

I've been trying to work with that product for a while but it keeps messing G2F UVs no matter what I do, and the creator failed to offer a solution to the problem.

I've even gone to the basics by loading nothing but a G2F figure and a texture from Wound Makeup Artist and the results are terrible.

Screenshot attached.

Have you opened a ticket with Customer Service?  That would be the best way to try to get to the bottom of the problem you're having as opposed to contacting the artist directly.  I know that this has been a popular product that a lot of people have been vey happy with, so maybe they can help see why you're having problems with it and help you through them. 

• One question, which you may have been asked already - if you select the figure in the Editor tab of Surfaces pane and go to the UV set button, do you have Base Female listed in the menu that opens when you click it?

• alesiaschumannalesiaschumann Posts: 58
    edited January 3

Post voluntarily removed by the user.

edited January 3

• Which option are you using? I just tried Blood 1 from the FACE folder and it worked as expected, judging by the thumbnail, though I did have to render to get rid of the white face (and I was using the default maps for Genesis 2 Female).

edited January 3

• So you did actually render, in 3Delight or Iray? As I said, the preview was off but the render (Iray) was fine.

edited January 3

• I've even gone to the basics by loading nothing but a G2F figure and a texture from Wound Makeup Artist and the results are terrible.

Isn't this a geoshell product?

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 1,942
    edited December 2017
    I've even gone to the basics by loading nothing but a G2F figure and a texture from Wound Makeup Artist and the results are terrible.

Isn't this a geoshell product?

Yes, it is.

I do note on the product page it says there is a pdf included. Have you tried walking through the instructions in the PDF? Just in case you've not seen it, you can view it here: Wound Makeup Artist Geometry Shells PDF

This may also possibly be of use (in case you haven't seen it: Multiple Geometry Shells Offset Fix in Iray

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited January 3

• As you can see from the image my render, in 3Delight, shows the skin correctly though the preview does not. I've attached the scene file for that - it uses just the Wound make-up and the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials - please open it and see if it renders correctly for you.

Wound make-up render vs preview.JPG
    1275 x 875 - 145K
    duf
    duf
    Wound make-up test, no render settings.duf
    edited January 3

• OK, that scene file deliberately didn't change the render settings, this version does so please try that (assuming that you have Render Settings:Ignore when opening a Scene file unchecked in Edit>Prefrences>Scene).

duf
    duf
    Wound make-up test, render settings.duf
    edited January 3

• DegaDega Posts: 6

On the Scene Tab select EyeRightLower_black. Go to Surfaces Tab under EyeRightLower_black select Face to the right you will find Diffuse Color>click on the grey square area to the left of numbers> a list will show up> look for v6_eyerightlower_black and select it. On the Render Settings tab>Engine: 3Delight. Before clicking Render button, click Defaults then proceed to click Render

edited January 3

edited January 3

• Edited thread title to make it easier for others to see if it is relevant on future searches.

• Hi there!

Can you go into the surface settings tab while seelcted on the geo-shell and click on the actual geoshell image then select the Image Editor option from the dropdown menu. When the new window pops up the Gamma setting at the top right should read 0.00. If it is set to 1.00 that will be what is causing the white/glowing on the bruising under the eye. On occassion DS doesn't wipe the gamma settings from the images between material applications.

Please let us know if this works for you!

Elli

edited January 3