Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

Yes, I saw the customer service response over on the sale thread. Thanks for sharing it here.

What made it bad (and I didn't post it here, even when it was mentioned on the sales thread) was the products still glitched, even though the pages were down. Because I own so many things, it didn't come off as a glitch to me until I saw there was a page of it. (then they added more, but that was later.) For example, none of the Pro Bundles were showing, and apparently that was a lot of the page. I own a very large percent of hairs, and also characters (had over 430 Gen3F's BEFORE the glitch) so I had to go to the Sale thread to really catch the scope of it. I was mostly seeing ultra sexy, and thought that was the main theme of the freebies. DUH. 

Then I logged out to see what was actually happening, after I read some posts in the sale thread, and was very taken aback at all the Pro Bundles, and knew something was wrong at that point. Putting all the gals up? Nope. So that's when I decided to get the sexy and just render it, because things were going awful for the vendors. I was still wading my way through my PA sale stuff, so hopefully people know what's rendered is primarily bought. 

I wish I had thought to look at the filtered sales page. I was just going by the free items carousel and seeing it refill, so it took a bit to realize it was glitching for real.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2017

Ramona looks awesome. Love her face and the outfit has kitbashable capabilities.

Thanks, she definitely surprised me a bit in that she looked different from the promos slightly. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm working through my Rendo stuff using Content Package Assist and she hadn't been installed. (Great, first order way back in January, and I'm already going "Uh oh." On several! So that's why she got featured instead of a Daz gal. Those are coming!

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I actually really like that outfit.  Not super thrilled about the thong in the back but that's easily fixed.  I have wishlisted it as I haven't seen that outfit before. 

edited November 2017

Saige  (Gen3F)        Morduin Outfit (Gen3F)    Tammy Hair (Gen 2/3 V4) 

Note the generations on the hair, all the way back to Victoria 4. Very thoughtful of the vendor to span that range. The hair morphs let you bring the flippy sides down, and even designates the top and bottom. One thing it doesn't have is volume for just the sides (unless I am just not seeing it.)  I think I'd postwork and add a bit of jigjags to the middle part of the hair, so it's not quite so straight. The lighting may cause it to look harsher too. 

My outfit seems a bit more fluid in the skirt than the promos,and the neckline seems a lot lower. This was the default as it loaded. It comes with a bow and arrow, and a hat, but  this will give you a feel for the product.

Saige's mouth was slightly adjusted- the lips narrowed a bit.

Forums are doing weird with pictures again. The second one is darker here, than the popup- which is lighter than the original! I give up.

saigeTammyHair Morduin.png
    513 x 800 - 917K
    saigeTammyHair Morduin2.png
    369 x 773 - 604K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2017

A different look for Saige is the Hey Baby Lingerie (Gen3F)   with Galene Hair, featured many times before. She reminds me a bit of Cindy Crawford. I like the way the background lighting seems to continue on across the top of her chest. 

TIP: If you ever see backgrounds on sale that are wildly abstract and too bold, remember Gaussian Blur.  
    Wow, this one is really dark here again. Click to see the lighter version. What the heck is the forum doing to images?

saigeHeyBabyBabydoll Galene.png
    513 x 800 - 616K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

That looks great though. I really like that lingerie

• That lingerie looks amazing.

edited November 2017

I see the game print plug in is free today.  I just bought this on the 21st at full price....Which is still a great price for something like this and the discount you get if you order pays for the plug in.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Does anyone have a link to the plugin? I’m having trouble finding it

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Does anyone have a link to the plugin? I’m having trouble finding it

Do you mean this?

Thanks guys. I won’t be able to buy one now but will get one eventually.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2017
    NSFW said:

How well does The Marquis hold up when auto-fitting to G2M or G3M? Does it lose the bones in the jacket when you auto-fit?

Here it is on G2M. My illusionist refuses to wear anything else for the cover of my next book. I've tried so many clothes on him, LOL. He's also fighting to stay a G2M- I've tried converting him to G3 and am trying to give him a G8M makeover. We'll see how it goes! (Oh, and he's not old, he was born with white hair.)

Note: The collar goes wonky, and I had to photoshop that. There is a way to fix it, Evil Innocence talks about it on their site or how to do this in Poser, but I haven't figured it out for DAZ. I'd love to know, because this is a fabulous set that I want to use over and over. I haven't tried dForce on it yet. I made this image before it came out.

Hugh_Promo.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 176K
    Post edited by Llynara on

Whew, Novica! Is it getting hot in here? You're going to burn down the thread with those sexy pics!

They have a primed option as well if you want to paint it yourself...

So let's talk clowns. There are some new ones out at both stores. Clowns give me nightmares. But I just got on at Sympatico Studios to do promo renders, and one of the first items I had to do was...clown stuff! So I went for a hottie clown, using Darwin's Guiseppe. I could go down to Clowntown with him! (Click on pic for full size, then zoom in to see those gorgeous green eyes!) HP Penny is actually quite lovely if you can get past her makeup.

Made with: 

Lol of course it would be clowns.  They totally creep me out as well but hey, nothing like stretching your horizons right?  Very cool render

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Llynara said:

So let's talk clowns. There are some new ones out at both stores. Clowns give me nightmares. But I just got on at Sympatico Studios to do promo renders, and one of the first items I had to do was...clown stuff! So I went for a hottie clown, using Darwin's Guiseppe. I could go down to Clowntown with him! (Click on pic for full size, then zoom in to see those gorgeous green eyes!) HP Penny is actually quite lovely if you can get past her makeup.

Made with: 

I LOVE their expressions! Very cool render. Even if clowns are creepy, lol. :)

edited November 2017

P3D Kensey (Gen3F)          Oracle of Time (Gen3F)          Dimi Hair (Gen3F) 

The Oracle of Time comes with a headpiece which circles the forehead, it isn't shown due to the Dimi Hair bangs. This hair has some nice features, but the main one I wanted is missing. (Unless I missed it, but I delved into Scene, etc)  I didn't see a way to adjust the top of the hair/width of the entire upper half, so I couldn't slim down the width of the entire upper half of the hair. Reminds me of a bowl-cut look. (Which you may actually like.)  

Another morph which would address that is the ability to lengthen the end section of the bangs on either side. There's no morph for that either.  The previous hair featured (also by this vendor), I could use volume, and although it affected everything, at least it did address the head /scalp area of the hair. And I could also pull in the upper part of the sides. For the good news, the vendor provided several ways to part the bangs (moving slightly to the side, several sections) and expanding the tips so there's more volume. There's also morphs to put the hair behind the ear, which really changes the look. You can also easily lift the hair away from clothing, get a slightly wind blown look, shorten the hair and bangs, etc. 

Kensey has a noticeable white line around the upper lip, I postworked most of it in the closeup. It's an easy fix if you want the white line removed. (You can see it in the vendor's promos.)

Click to enlarge (and see the lighter version, forum is darkening these again.) 

KenseyOracleOfTimeDimiHair.png
    590 x 900 - 1006K
    KenseyOracleOfTimeDimiHair2.png
    390 x 900 - 519K
    Post edited by Novica on

@llynara  Nice job on the clowns! They are definitely enjoying each other's company. 
    Re: sexy- yep, not my normal style. This one continues with the GBG (gotten by glitch)  

edited November 2017

P3D Kensey (Gen3F)  wearing Oracle of Time (Gen3F)  again, looking quite different in Geneva Hair. This is also using the Pro-Studio lights. 

KenseyOracleOfTimePRINT.jpg
    690 x 900 - 430K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2017

P3D Lorin HD for Aiko 7      Leather Bustier (Gen3F)     Venice Hair (Gen 3, 2, V4) 

Venice Hair doesn't have any morphs for the back of the hair that I can find. I had to go into Left Collar>Twist to get a section of hair to lay down, because when I was trying to get another morph to work, that strand right behind the left shoulder moved too. 

LorinLeatherBustierVeniceHair.png
    500 x 900 - 535K
    LorinLeatherBustierVeniceHair2.png
    500 x 900 - 688K
    Post edited by Novica on

I find a lot of the older hairs have the morphs hidden in the neck bone. If you click on that in the Scene Tab, they should show up in the Parameters tab.

edited November 2017

Good idea, but all it had were the same ones in the Head. Bend, Twist, Side-Side and Scale. Forgot to mention, I also smoothed that hair. Upped it from 2 to 5.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Yes, this hair has no back morphs.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Here is Anastasia .  She has a delicate, ethereal appearance, making her perfect as an angel or fairy.  I wish I'd put wings on her!  She has a range of make ups from plain to exotic.  I decided to go for a bit of exotic around the eyes/eyeliner.  I've used Whitney hair which has a nice color range.  She's wearing Godess Minerva outfit which I like a lot.  It seems to work well even in extreme poses.  The only thing I don't like about it is the shoe part of the boots.  To me, they look clunky/heavy in comparison to the strappiness of the boot.  I also used Illumination Iray Lights which I love for its ease of use.  

anastasia.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M

I don't have the Illumination Lights, it's good to see a render with those. I agree with you about the boots, they look like it'd take real effort to walk with those!  She looks quite lovely.

edited November 2017

Here's Lorin in Anjou Hair, it really changes her looks. The outfit is Artemis Moon. (Not linking the hair or outfit, we've featured that so many times!)  Artemis Moon is a really good etheral-type outfit, flowing robes.

LorinLeatherBustier3.png
    500 x 900 - 681K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2017

Hold off on buying the Pro Bundle of Darius,  at least one person reported getting 25% off due to owning the two previous Pro Bundles. Several of us are only getting 10% and we, too, own both of those previous versions. Richard is looking into it, but it's only been about half an hour ago.

Edit: Flash Sale Josh Crockett!  This one is a DO so 72%

Post edited by Novica on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133

Yes, I has an offer in my "Messages" this morning for 10% off (I own Darius 6 Pro Bundle but not Darius 7) but it was not applying in my cart. This afternoon I tried again and the message has disappeared (and no I did not delete it!) and still nothing in the cart. Hope they get things sorted out as I would have liked to get Darius 8 Pro (with Darius 7 free) even at only 10% discount.

This discussion has been closed.