Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Not sure if anyone knew this.

If you're using chrome you can right click on screen for popup that when you select save as you can save the entire page to a folder of your choice as an html page with images. When using on the pre checkout page it also copies the images of the products to your folder. So, now that it's copied you can click on the html page that it created locally and view the cart items.

The top of the page will state "Unable to load recent personalized data. Cart contents, product ownership and account information may be incorrect." But thats ok your not going to be ordering from that page.  You can keep a folder of orders to review and compare when not connected.  That should allow you to have quick access to what product price was and price you would pay.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2017

@melanieL  It's more than worrying- those digital downloads are to be available after purchase. I've never had a problem with Daz doing that, when something is removed from the store it's still in my Product Library. I have the Dainty Earrings, I just checked. Here's the copy/pasted title. Have you checked lately? The store page is gone, but they ARE in the Product Library.

Dainty Earrings for Genesis 2 & 3 Female(s)

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh no I was obviousy not clear.  Its in my product library It just doesn't link to anything in the store.

Gotcha. @melanieL  Laverne looks very nice. I agree about the skin, it's a very nice color. Not too light, not too dark. Wish we had more waterfront sets like that one.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    Novica said:

Gotcha. @melanieL  Laverne looks very nice. I agree about the skin, it's a very nice color. Not too light, not too dark. Wish we had more waterfront sets like that one.

Me too - I use Crescent Cove a lot, also Bitwelder's other watery set Lakeside Folly - I very nearly cleared his/her catalog on a deep sale a while ago but got cold feet and still sort of regret that.

Here is an image of Laverne. Lighting was strange on her skin with lots of fireflys on her skin. Took awhile but I'm getting closer to what I want.

Description

Working on light, DOF and how beautiful I think this turned out. Any further ideas? 
    Used the trees from iray worlds

Made with...

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    mackenzie 2.png
    980 x 982 - 1M
    Mackenzie.png
    980 x 982 - 434K
    cismic said:

Here is an image of Laverne. Lighting was strange on her skin with lots of fireflys on her skin. Took awhile but I'm getting closer to what I want.

Joseph Kravis

Just getting online for a few minutes. Today was visit the shelter again, then do my annual charity delivery (which took all day to finish packing all the stuff. Truck full, inside and in back. They said I was the first one this year!)  Anyway, this render has so much fantastic detail. I think I would put more light on the face and less on the bust because the bust is big and distracting- but again, this is a personal preference. I like the shadowing / lighting of the face and the DOF of the background.  Very nicely done!

@nath  Mackenzie looks good too, the details on the clothing is very crisp. The lighting on her knuckles is a really nice touch too. 

I did read this character was offered over at Rendo, so folks need to be sure they haven't already bought her. (When I type Mousso or Mackenzie, I get zero results in my product list, and I have a lot of Mousso. So I am not sure if I have her or not!) 

• Novica said:

@nath  Mackenzie looks good too, the details on the clothing is very crisp. The lighting on her knuckles is a really nice touch too. 

I did read this character was offered over at Rendo, so folks need to be sure they haven't already bought her. (When I type Mousso or Mackenzie, I get zero results in my product list, and I have a lot of Mousso. So I am not sure if I have her or not!) 

Typing Mackenzie would bring her up if you had her, it does for me. Unfortunately you can't search by vendor in the Rendo purchased list.

edited November 2017

Just a note, if you want some nice deals, 60% at Rendo on a few artists you'll recognize here too. FWSA Calyndi is a Genesis 8 gal and the reason I'm mentioning her is you get a several light setups with her. (Used one for this render.) So it's getting a character and light presets instead of just a character. For just $6.78

Shown with the heavier makeup and with an attitude, but with the natural makeup, she's quite charming. The outfit is Goth Outfit (Gen8F) and the hair, which I haven't featured before, is Ktarya Hair (Gen3/8F).  Did NOT use other shaders, this is out of the box and quite lovely. A LOT OF MORPHS. 

Not sure how long that store is on sale, you have an hour before Daz midnight. Is Rendo on the same time?  There's also a portrait lighting product by Vyktorhia in the 70% sale. Called Ultimate Environments- Portraits. Just got it so don't know anything else about it. $3.88

Calyndi RENDO Ktarya Hair.png
    562 x 900 - 961K
    Post edited by Novica on

Typing Mackenzie would bring her up if you had her, it does for me. Unfortunately you can't search by vendor in the Rendo purchased list.

Thanks, I was hoping someone would say one way or the other. 

edited November 2017

Flash Sales (you probably already know) 70% and 60% off, going on now. Ironman13 and OOT.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Novica said:

But you can search by vendor in the item list:)

edited November 2017

Here's a fun one of Calyndi, showing her teeth (which were bright. This is with a dull blue/gray added, which I think makes them more natural looking.)  BTW, Ktarya Hair renders at a nice pace, it's 88% at 11 minutes and the render is 900 px tall. 

Edit: added another one.

Calyndi RENDO Ktarya Hair2.png
    562 x 825 - 920K
    Calyndi RENDO Ktarya Hair3.png
    553 x 681 - 696K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:
    cismic said:

Joseph Kravis

Just getting online for a few minutes. Today was visit the shelter again, then do my annual charity delivery (which took all day to finish packing all the stuff. Truck full, inside and in back. They said I was the first one this year!)  Anyway, this render has so much fantastic detail. I think I would put more light on the face and less on the bust because the bust is big and distracting- but again, this is a personal preference. I like the shadowing / lighting of the face and the DOF of the background.  Very nicely done!

Hi @novica I’ll have to try that again. Each time I tried With more light i received strange colored pixels on her skin. When I get home I’ll post my settings  I did lower translucency some and adjusted lights. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Does anyone see any free things advertised in the "every 4 hours" sale? It is blank whether I am signed in or not.

• barbult said:

Does anyone see any free things advertised in the "every 4 hours" sale? It is blank whether I am signed in or not.

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this issue. Was worried that I would need to download another web browser to get it to work

Not working for me either and I have got to go to bed.  A ton of poeple coming tomorrow lol.

I wonder if that means I already own them all....

• This may sound really dumb but looking at the add it states

1. Starts at midnight

2. All weekend long

Why say it starts at Midnight if it was going to start when the store updated? Is it pssoble this free item starts at Midnight tonight (going into friday)? 

• Heads up

A mod in another thread says they are looking into the issue

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/202491/not-to-worry-friend-there-s-always-another-sale/p44

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited November 2017

Mei Lin 7 on G8F with Sassy Bob Hair. Lights are from a free studio portrait set I am releasing later this week.

I would not recommend anyone to buy this hair. The image turned out okay but I regret purchasing it. It has glaring problems including:

The scalp transmap has a huge hole in it instead of a normal part. I had to paint over the map to fix it.

Hair strands "grow" from near the part in the front in very weird ways. One section grows from left to right and one from right to left right through each other instead of crossing nicely and this makes an ugly hard line. You can see traces of this but I fixed it up as best I could with the smudge brush.

Some sections of hair have places where they are only a slight bit opaque, so there are bizarre ghost strands. I painted most of these out also.

Opacity is just very much old-style with undefined strands and hard clipped off ends. Think like old Kozaburo stuff. Unfortunately this is something that cannot be mitigated by one of the catch-all hair shader replacements.

All in all it was a hassle to work with. However, it did stand up to DForce preeeeeeetty nicely.

1meilin.png
    800 x 1040 - 976K
    Post edited by agent unawares on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited November 2017

Didn't really like the free Harpoon Girl dress but after removing some parts it looks better IMO.

harpoon_girl_01.jpg
    800 x 1595 - 724K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Taoz said:

Didn't really like the free Harpoon Girl dress but after removing some parts it looks better IMO.

Nice! 

edited November 2017

Mei Lin 7 on G8F with Sassy Bob Hair. Lights are from a free studio portrait set I am releasing later this week.

I would not recommend anyone to buy this hair. The image turned out okay but I regret purchasing it. It has glaring problems including:

She looks reallly good!  I can't really tell much about the hair though. Thanks for pinpointing your issues with it, that will be helpful as others will know what to look for. yes

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2017

My neighbor just sent me a text. 

"A Thanksgiving Poem

May your stuffing be tasty,
    May your turkey be plump.
    May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.
    May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off of your thighs!

To all my family and dear friends that I am honored and blessed to have in my life, may this holiday season bring love to your heart, health to your body, and peace and joy to your home throughout the new year."

Ditto. Enjoy your day, remember your family is a heckuva lot more important than catching freebies on Daz. Those freebies will most likely be available later, your family might not be. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

"A Thanksgiving Poem

Have nary a lump.
    Stay off of your thighs!

To all my family and dear friends that I am honored and blessed to have in my life, may this holiday season bring love to your heart, health to your body, and peace and joy to your home throughout the new year."

Ditto. Enjoy your day, remember your family is a heckuva lot more important than catching freebies on Daz. Those freebies will most likely be available later, your family might not be. 

Happy Thanksgiving! Too funny on dinner sticking around and too true on friends and family not. We're missing some folks this holiday. Wishing everyone peace!

Novica said:

"A Thanksgiving Poem

Have nary a lump.
    Stay off of your thighs!

God bless happy Thanksgiving 

• Novica said:

"A Thanksgiving Poem

Have nary a lump.
    Stay off of your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving!

This discussion has been closed.