Spider Bot Mech [Commercial]

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited September 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

More stuff on sale then any mind can handle and yes a Spider Mech too.

I can't help it.

https://www.daz3d.com/spider-bot-mech

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Pop1.png
1680 x 2200 - 5M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

It's not my mind I'm worried about... wink

Looks great!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Yeah it's time for Daz to issue a credit card so we can pay off all these new goodies over time!

D.Addict.png
    500 x 315 - 134K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I bought it as soon as I saw it... BUT! What's up with the hatch window? You can't alter the transparency without also affecting the transparency of the hatch-frame. The hatch window "glass" is not affected by the "Glass" opacity dial. The reason I ask, is because the hatch window stops you seeing inside the cockpit when the hatch is closed, which would be fine for some renders, but not all.

Options? Other than remoddeling the hatch, or creating new textures, which are overkill, in my situation. This is not a deal-breaker, as I'm keeping the 'bot, anyway. smiley

• I bought it as soon as I saw it... BUT! What's up with the hatch window? You can't alter the transparency without also affecting the transparency of the hatch-frame. The hatch window "glass" is not affected by the "Glass" opacity dial. The reason I ask, is because the hatch window stops you seeing inside the cockpit when the hatch is closed, which would be fine for some renders, but not all.

Options? Other than remoddeling the hatch, or creating new textures, which are overkill, in my situation. This is not a deal-breaker, as I'm keeping the 'bot, anyway. smiley

transmap?  Grey over the windows (lighter for more transparent), white over the frame / rest of image.  Shouldn't be too hard to do a 'fill' using the diffuse map as a guide.

This looks awesome - but sadly the budget only allows for wishlisting for now.

Thanks, Silent Winter. I was considering it, and I'll try creating a transmap, if nothing easier is available (bad eyesight make's it difficult, but not impossible).

• You can't alter the transparency without also affecting the transparency of the hatch-frame.

The promo shot shows a view through the glass.

What is that, then?

edited September 2017

Have you seen images other than on the product page? Because none of the images there show a view through the hatch from the outside. Most of the images have the hatch open. Load the Spider Bot in Studio and you can see through the hatch reasonably well, untel you render an image. Then there is severe blurring of the cockpit.

Really, I like the product; I just want to modify it a little.

spiderbot_render1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 63K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
    edited September 2017

Double post

spiderbot_render1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 63K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

I bought it as soon as I saw it... BUT! What's up with the hatch window? You can't alter the transparency without also affecting the transparency of the hatch-frame. The hatch window "glass" is not affected by the "Glass" opacity dial. The reason I ask, is because the hatch window stops you seeing inside the cockpit when the hatch is closed, which would be fine for some renders, but not all.

The Hatch glass has its own mat zone, and altering the cut out opacity does increase the transparency of just the hatch glass, the zone I'm looking at is the SB_Glass

I've lowered the Cutout opacity of the SB_Glass to 34%

spidermech1.JPG
    851 x 565 - 69K

Thank you, Scorpio!

It's there, further down from "Glass" properties. I have trouble seeing small details, but that's my problem blush

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

It's there, you have to click the Hatch material in the surface tab and the drop down is divided into the two Material zones. The Glass can be adjusted there. It never hurts to ask, I hope all is well.

• (bad eyesight make's it difficult, but not impossible).

I'm sorry to hear and glad this all worked out for you. Yay to the Antman.