Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

​Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2013

Easiest way to avoid that is by directly painting on the 3D model across the seams via a 3d painting program and saving them out seperately eg limbs, torso and face. It's no easy task specially through a 2d app such as photoshop but can be done with lots of patience and experience. I am currently working on a skin product which has multiple layered displacements. Seams is always a pain, specially when maps are created manually.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately editing the maps so they do match across the seams is the fix. You might look at Blender, which is a free way to get a 3D painting tool.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Doubtful. And definitely won't work in LuxRender. The UV coordinates are a property of the vertex data in the mesh. To load separate UV mappings, you'd need two copies of the mesh loaded and a way to select one or the other depending on map type.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

There used to be a tool called Map Transfer in DS3, it's now hidden in the Customize menu, AFAICT (left pane of Customize, under Advanced; to make it appear I assigned a key combo to it). I never really figured it out, because I never understood who had to supply the dsx file(s) and how they were made. But I believe you could basically convert one texture map to another, using supported UV maps (so for Genesis as long as you have both UVs it might work). Actually you only have to supply one since the other is already in-built. From what I gather you select the surfaces to convert on the right pane then select the new UV to convert to and either Save or Accept.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Currently UV Set is a material zone setting, not a map setting. I wish it was a map setting, to allow mixing and matching (that's how it is in modo, for example).