[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• Actually I am the one to say thanks to all of you, for supporting my work. Cheers and Happy New Year!

• Actually I am the one to say thanks to all of you, for supporting my work. Cheers and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too! 

Trish

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited January 2018

Happy New Year

Thanks for the help on the polar bear

mutation01.jpg
    742 x 960 - 170K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Breathtaking work, joepingleton, as always! :) 

Happy New Year

• Happy New Year

You're welcome and great work on the polar bear render.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited January 2018

Catalyzer update 1.4 available as of today, free of charge. List of changes/fixes:

- Added controls for hair length and width
    - Clumping algorithm added to fur production
    - Density maps accounted on fur production
    - Settings are now accounted separately for each model
    - Several optimizations and bug fixes

The clumping algorithm is very fast to compute and adds only few CPU cycles to the workload, and can be customized to create a full range of different results, and add additional realism to the fur. Here I took it on a ride with my beaver model.

bv-smooth.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 534K
    bv-blocky8.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 415K
    bv-blocky7.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 414K
    bv-blocky6.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 417K
    bv-blocky5.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 430K
    bv-blocky4.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 418K
    bv-blocky3.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 409K
    bv-blocky2.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 431K
    bv-blocky.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 442K
    bv-blocky9.jpg
    1482 x 800 - 496K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Very excited about this!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

wow, thanks. I cam make fur in catalyzer rather than my licenses LAMH?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Guys,

Alessandro's latest critter, the wild boar, rendered in DS 4.9 using the catalyzer 1.4.  The background is Howie Farkes's Harpwood Trail.

Cheers,

Alex.

Harpwood Boar 1.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 520K
    Harpwood Boar 4.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 531K
    Harpwood Boar 5.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 480K
    Harpwood Boar 6.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 471K
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited January 2018

Alessandro, Thanks for the update and so many more fun things to play with :)

Here is some quick LAMH2Iray Catalyzer fun

roo03.jpg
    960 x 960 - 265K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • Another awesome step forward!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh man. I knew our drop bears were sneaky - but now they're recruiting roos in their plan for world domination!!! 

Alessandro, Thanks for the update and so many more fun things to play with :)

Here is some quick LAMH2Iray Catalyzer fun

• Anyone else having issues with this product? It seems to corrupt the scene after saving. So once I close it and try to open it again, Daz (4.10 :( I installed the update through DIM without meaning to) "encounters a fatal error". I've already lost the scene I'm working on twice today. And it coincides with saving it (and closeing it) after bringing in a Black Panther with the Catalyzer fur.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

@Alessandro_AM

Catalyzer has suddenly stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it through DIm but it hasn't helped.

I am using Studio version 4.10.0.123 Pro Edition 64 bit. Catalyzer version 1.4.0.0

The Catalyzer window no longer fits in the view and is too long so I can't see the bottom with the render button and options without moving the whole window up. It never used to be like that.

It is also not recognising any Catalyzer objects in any scenes either new ones or old. There is nothing in the Log file to suggest anything is wrong.

The last time I used Catalyzer it worked fine so I am unsure what has happened. I have had no updates to either Catalyzer, Studio or Windows since last using it that I can think of.

• Fishtales said:

@Alessandro_AM

Catalyzer has suddenly stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it through DIm but it hasn't helped.

I am using Studio version 4.10.0.123 Pro Edition 64 bit. Catalyzer version 1.4.0.0

The Catalyzer window no longer fits in the view and is too long so I can't see the bottom with the render button and options without moving the whole window up. It never used to be like that.

It is also not recognising any Catalyzer objects in any scenes either new ones or old. There is nothing in the Log file to suggest anything is wrong.

The last time I used Catalyzer it worked fine so I am unsure what has happened. I have had no updates to either Catalyzer, Studio or Windows since last using it that I can think of.

Please send me the log files at [email protected] so that I can take a look perhaps at what's going on. What do you mean by 'not recognising' ? If you start with a new scene and load a Catalzyer model, does it load at all, or crashes? Or it load just the model without fur (without the guides)?

edited February 2018

It says no catalyzer compliant assests to render. The last time I used it was January 26 and it worked fine.

This is what I am seeing. I've attached the Studio log file.

Click on image for full size.

catalyzer-001.jpg
    1366 x 739 - 253K
    txt
    txt
    catalyzer-log.txt
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • Ok, please can I see a snapshot of the viewport, as it is after you loaded the bear cub? Also, the log file is partial and I cannot see the full output.

Here you are.

txt
    txt
    catalyzer-log.txt
    catalyzer-002.jpg
    1049 x 703 - 219K
    edited February 2018

I just noticed there are two catalyzer .dll loaded if that makes a difference.

One is in the studio/plugins folder dated January 10 2018 and the other is in studio/plugins/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM dated August 17 2017.

edited February 2018

Right @Alessandro_AM that was the problem. I deleted the 2017 one and reloaded Studio and it is now rendering again. The catalyzer pane is still too big for the laptop but I can work around that.

• Fishtales said:

Right @Alessandro_AM that was the problem. I deleted the 2017 one and reloaded Studio and it is now rendering again. The catalyzer pane is still too big for the laptop but I can work around that.

Very good, I am glad you sorted it out. The pane being too large on some screens  is an issue I will address in the up coming 1.5 version.

Fishtales said:

Very good, I am glad you sorted it out. The pane being too large on some screens  is an issue I will address in the up coming 1.5 version.

Thank you for your time. I wouldn't have found the issue without your nudging me in the right direction :)

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited March 2018

Just bought Catalyzer so I could render RawArt's Sasquatch and Apeworld Orangutan.  No luck in getting the fur to show up for either.  I also get a "no catalyzer compliant assets"when I try to use Catalyzer.

Is there any way I can get the fur to render in Iray?

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • Only Alessandro's animals have catalyzer presets so far. Anything by Rawart (or any other PA) will only render if you go through the usual conversion to obj or fibermesh. Sorry, if it's any consolation, on the products it works on it is like magic.
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited March 2018

Figured;  thanks for the clarification, Uthgard.  Since I have AM's Wolf 2, Koala, Kangaroos and Joeys will try Catalyzer on those. yes

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    3dLux said:

Figured;  thanks for the clarification, Uthgard.  Since I have AM's Wolf 2, Koala, Kangaroos and Joeys will try Catalyzer on those. yes

When did you buy them?  If it was a while ago, you may have to download the latest updates for the catalyzer presets. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Arah3DArah3D Posts: 31

I just purchased the LAMH Catalyzer and I have the free version of LAMH, but every time I try to render with the Catalyzer I get the message, "There are no Catalyzer Compliant Objects to Render. Please use the standard Daz Studio Render Button" I am using Alessandro's LAMH wolf and fox and neither has worked. Before I started I put in the serial number and restarted the program and still nothing. What exactly am I doing wrong?

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

On many of the models there will be a LAMH option, a catalyzer option and plain actor option. Choose the catalizer model option. It won't work on the LAMH option