FLICKERING MADNESS

I have run across some nagging issues with carrara 8 pro mac OS 10.8.2 ATI Radeon 1 gig video card.

While in the Vertex area and trying to adjust UV Maps the room either flicker or change by them selves..... PLEASE VIEW MOVIE ASLO WHILE IN THE ASSEMBLY ROOM THE SCREEN WILL FLICKER TO WHITE SO MUCH SO SOMETIMES I HAVE TO QUIT AND REOPEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d682nMfCa90.

ALSO while trying to get the name of the texture map I am using for a particular object the NAME of the file name will not show up.. SEE PIC

No_shader.jpg
720 x 349 - 159K
Post edited by richard.chaos_91798ec102 on

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

once an image map is saved internally it no longer has a name.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

once an image map is saved internally it no longer has a name.

Which bites.

• edited December 1969

That still doesnt answer the flickering and switching of views! But yea I never though of that. I am trying ot redo over like 25-30 texture maps and am confused even by my own naming protocols and it would be nice to know what the old image was called

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

I've been learning, lately, that many video codecs dislike odd size resolutions. If your avi has odd numbers in the resolution size, or even an incredibly obscure size, this might be the cause. I'm new to Project Dogwaffle, so I'm watching all sorts of tutorial videos by the developers to learn my way around. They mention this fact quite often. They have also used a nice little free app called WinFF (I just learned last night watching those vids) to resave avi files to a format that their system likes better - like from WMF (or whatever that extension) to MP4, etc.,
    Hope that helps you dig a bit more - sorry if it doesn't.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

BTW Professor,
    Big fan of your work. Love your various 3d models you've made over the last six or seven years I've been on this forum, and all of you cool Carrara experiments and discoveries. Sorry to sound mushy, but I think you do great work.