What causes this distortion when figure posed? SORTED

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited June 2017 in The Commons

I have made a dress for G8 Female, but when I pose her the bodice distorts under her breasts.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and what I need to do to put this right?

Dress Pose Problem.jpg
1000 x 500 - 69K
Post edited by Wilmap on

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Wilmap said:

I have made a dress for G8 Female, but when I pose her the bodice distorts under her breasts.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and what I need to do to put this right?

I've seen that with several dresses on G3, it usually helps to reduce breast size here (there may be other ways to fix it, haven't tried). Not sure if it's the same problem you have though.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

If its from posing, you probably need to smooth the weightmaps out more

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I'm using the base figure which has normal size breasts, so don't think I need to make them smaller.

Tried Smoothing weightmaps but that doesn't really make much difference.

• PZ17PZ17 Posts: 1
    edited June 2017

Wilmap's G3 Princess line dress on G8 as preteen . Smoothing iterations set to 43 . Auto fit takes a while to work .I noticed the clothes start out distorted and are redrawn a second time without distortion. 

Duffy preteen 3.png
    1000 x 618 - 167K
    G8 smoothing at10.png
    1000 x 618 - 400K
    Post edited by PZ17 on
  • I think it's because the arms are down, so the breasts also drop down a bit - since the mesh moves with underlying figure, rather than draping, you end up with one section projecting down i front of the others. it may be fixable by editing the pectoral weight maps, but I suspect it really needs a custom JCM.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2017

I hope it's fixed then because of the clothes I've gotten for G8 so far, at least two of them are doing that.Setting smoothing really high causes its own problems, namely making the mesh explode at times.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Select chest lower bone in clothing, use weight map tool, switch to smoothing brush, turn strength down a bit to like 25-30, turn on symetry, brush under breasts and a little inbetween.. can do this whis the figure posed if needed so you can see if it's working.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I've managed to remove most of the distortion using Fisty's method, plus increasing the Smoothing Iterations. Not perfect for a few poses but I'm happy with it.

Thanks for your help Fisty.