What Upcoming Daz Original Genesis 8 Character Are You Waiting For?

JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
edited May 2019 in The Commons

This list will be updated as new Daz People are released for Genesis 8.
**Edited to add Generation 6 Female release months**
**Edited to add Generation 8 Male release Date**

Released Characters:
2017Jun15 - Victoria 8 (G8F)
2017Jul25 - Olympia 8 (G8F)
2017August22 - Michael 8 (G8M)
2017September19 - Teen Josie 8 (G8F)
2017October03 - Stephanie 8 (G8F)
2017October17 - Lucas 8 (G8M)
2017November14 - Monique 8 (G8F)
2017November28 - Darius 8 (G8M)
2017December12 - Charlotte 8 (G8F)
2017December26 - Sakura 8 (G8F)
2018January09 - Owen 8 (G8M)
2018January23 - Karyssa 8 (G8F)
2018February13 - Alexandra 8 (G8F)
2018February22 - Edward 8 (G8M)
2018March13 - Aiko 8 (G8F)
2018March27 - Ollie 8 (G8M)
2018April11 - Penny 8 (G8F)
2018April24 - Edie 8 (G8F)
2018May09 - Mika 8 (G8F)
2018May23 - Floyd 8 (G8M)
2018June05 - The Girl 8 (G8F)
2018July03 - Teen Kaylee 8 (G8F)
2018July17 - Mabel 8 (G8F)
2018August10 - Zelara 8 (G8F)
2018September04 - Latonya 8 (G8F)
2018September18 - The Brute 8 (G8M)
2018October02 - Gia 8 (G8F)
2018October18 - Vladimir 8 (G8M)
2018November06 - Mei Lin 8 (G8F)
2018November22 - Lee 8 (G8M)
2018December04 - Eva 8 (G8F)
2018December18 - Nix 8 (G8M)
2019January02 - Christian 8 (G8M)
2019January15 - Sydney 8 (G8F)
2019February05 - Tasha 8 (G8F)
2019February19 - Landon 8 (G8M)
2019March05 - Bridget 8 (G8F)
2019March19 - Mrs Chow 8 (G8F)
2019April04 - Mr Woo 8 (G8M)
2019April18 - Genesis 8 Babies (G8M and G8F)
2019 April25 - Tika 8 (G8F)
2019May?? - Kala 8 (G8F) shape listed in clothing

Potential Upcoming Characters (Based on Generation 7 and 6 Releases):
**Year 1**

(Jun) - Victoria 7 / Victoria 6
(Jul) - Eva 7 / Gia 6 / ---------
(Aug) - Bethany 7 / Karen 7 / The Girl 6
(Sep) - Teen Josie 7 / ---------
(Oct) - Arabella 7 / Teen Josie 6
(Nov) -  -------- / ---------
(Dec) - Olympia 7 / Olympia 6(2018Jan?) - Gia 7
(Feb) - The Girl 7 / Stephanie 6
(Mar) - Izabella 7 / ---------
(Apr) - Mei Lin 7 / ---------
(May) - Kalea 7 / Giselle 6

-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~-+~
**Year 2**

(Jun) - Rune 7 / Aiko 6
(Jul) - Aiko 7 / ---------
(Aug) - Tween Julie 7 / Lilith 6
(Sep) - Sunny 7 / ---------
(Oct) - Lilith 7 / Mei Lin 6
(Nov) - -------- / Belle 6
(Dec) - Monique 7 / ---------
(Jan) - Genevieve 7 / Keiko 6
(Feb) - --------- / Monique 6
(Mar) - Mika 7 / ---------
(Apr) - Ophelia 7 / Callie 6
(May) - Centaur 7 / Ninive 6

Post edited by JamesJAB on

Comments

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138

I think/hope the next one will be Stephanie 8. If they follow the same pattern as Genesis 3 release, it will be too predicable and less interesting. I just wish they started to release the HD morphs the same day. For those who always buy HD morphs, it basically means you get and incomplete item and you inevitably have to wait before working on a project. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

None, I hardly ever purchase add characaters, that is what the morphs are for

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

Eva 8 ♥

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

I'm impatiently waiting to see what Bethany 8 looks like.
    I do hope for a new Stephanie also, but someone was saying that she was replaced by another character name for the 7 series.
    One of my wishes for this generation of characters is....   more adult characters who are shorter than 5'8"

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

None at all. I stopped using my collection of G3 characters the minute SB3 came out - I only ever used the textures anyway and would do whatever I could to make them look a bit different and less recognisable. With 3B3 and the stash of morphs I had available, I didn't have to. With SB3 presets usable with G8 and a new version of the product on the horizon that can be used directly on the figure, all I want as far as characters go is morphs, and more morphs... aging morphs, growing up morphs, ethnic morphs, creature creation morphs, the lot. A new expression randomizer would be nice too, as I've used the G3 one surprisingly often.

• chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117

I hope there will be again a Stephanie 8, I loved the older issues for Genesis and Genesis 2 very much.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756

Nancy, Mariella, Tween Junie and Bazonga.  Because, really, I don't see an urgent need for remakes of any of the existing G3 figures (though we'll almost certainly get a new Aiko, a new teen and probably Olympia.)  As things stand, the existing G3F characters all still look fine and rather than crowd my runtimes with really similar characters or, worse, having more disappointing remakes where the new versison doesn't live up to the expectations generated by the old one, I hope we'll see more new characters that pleasantly surprise us like Olympia and Lilith 6 did for G2F ,and Rune 7 and Karen 7 did for G3F. 

• Part of me is idealistically hoping that Daz might use Genesis 8 as an opportunity to break with the past and introduce no updated figures from G3 aside from Vicky and Mike, who have the most name recognition. Realistically, I think whatever G3 figures had the best sales are guaranteed a G8 update and the others will go the way of Hiro.

• infinitetofuinfinitetofu Posts: 105

I think/hope the next one will be Stephanie 8. If they follow the same pattern as Genesis 3 release, it will be too predicable and less interesting. I just wish they started to release the HD morphs the same day. For those who always buy HD morphs, it basically means you get and incomplete item and you inevitably have to wait before working on a project. 

Second on Stephanie 8. I was also quite disappointed with Josie 7, so hopefully she'll be more inspired this time around.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    JamesJAB said:

I'm impatiently waiting to see what Bethany 8 looks like.

I found Bethany's texture to be far too recognisable, although I did use it occasionally for 'girl next door' skinnies. It was her larger shape that appealed to me, but it didn't get much use unless it was dramatically dialled down because there are hardly any clothes available that looked good on her due to the clingy nature of everything in the store (much the same as for older shapes like Opal). I'll never forget how awful Bethany looked in the store header on the day she was released and the forum comments about her having eaten all the pies, all because even the people trying to sell her couldn't even seem to find anything flattering to show her off in. It certainly wasn't the store header that prompted me to buy her.

I'd much rather have better fitting clothes for everyone than new characters based on whatever the latest figure is. I've often thought that Daz should release themed fashion collections instead, or at least in addition. I'm sure something like the Autumn Plus-Size Collection ('Go Pro for more items, more cheaply!') would be every bit as hotly anticipated as yet another version of Aiko. We could have a new plus-size collection each year, a new collection for the mature female (and male!), a new spring collection, a new summer vacation collection, a new winter collection...

Sigh... I was starting to like that daydream :)

• Rune 8 It's the one I found myself loading up the most of the last bunch. Unfortunately, I found most of the girls I loaded up were their own z brush creations, independent of DAZ anchorpoints.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Am I allowed to mention PA characters here, rather than DAZ ones?  I'd like to see a sultry, dark skinned HD character similar to FWSA Serena. 

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-serena-hd

Cheers,

Alex.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Ophelia became my quick favorite. I'm still hoping Daz see's fit to release an HD morph for her. I'd also like to see Monique and Darius a lot sooner than nearly dead last. And I wish they'd release Mike a lot closer to the release of Vicky without having a bajillion gals in between.

Laurie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I found I really only used mei Lin base. My need for female characters is relatively small.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Since the title specifically asks about the girls... (I'm waiting for Michael 8, personally)

Mei Lin, Monique, Kalea ... and hopefully a couple of new non-European heritage base characters.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

None.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790

What I learnt from G3Figure, that getting them doesn't make sense to me. Different characters used to look like those action figures they sell in comic book stores. I like the more realistic characters. That's why I'm looking foreward to Bethany8. Bethany is very unique and far from those modern idols. 

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

I'm waiting for the Massive Muscle Morphs for G8 females.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,643

Bethany, since she's the only G3 female figure I bought. I really hope they bring back Leo though, I love everything about him.

• I found myself adding a little or a lot of Gia 7 into most of my G3 dial spinning, so admittedly I'm looking forward to a Gia 8.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589

waiting for new software features like a workable animation setup, dynamics, softbodies more then any new G8 launch figure...  and figure just "girl"8

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

None of them.

I might be interested in new and different; different isn't about name, but what the product looks like.

• Ki-JenKi-Jen Posts: 64
    • Mei Lin
    • Aiko (as a "cutifier" to mix into other characters)

And I still hope that DAZ realizes, that A3 was the most sucessfull Aiko ever. I would prefer a "traditional" Aiko over anything like A7 or A5.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,435

Lilith (That reminds me, I must change my signature :P )

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Any character that does NOT look like Victoria 8.  I am no big fan of hers, sorry. I bought the Pro-Bundle and though I am not a big fan of hers right now, I am sure PAs will come up with great characters for her.  Would love to see how Aiko 8 would come out though.  I thought they already made Aiko 7 look old, I hope they bring back a cute and youthful looking Aiko for the Genesis 8.  My favorite Aiko is Aiko 5.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756

I really hope they bring back Leo though, I love everything about him.

Even if he comes back as a G8F figure?  Leo's been going through some... changes.

• Octavia 8

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2017

Greetings,

Mei Lin, Teen Josie, Karen, Bethany, Sunny, and Aiko.  From PA's, Skyler or Amber, Star 3, and maybe a G8F version of Blaire; love that character.  Lyoness could re-do Anita, Sophie or Darby, all great characters/textures.  That should get us to the release of G8M. ;)

In reality there'll be a lot of characters that I 'kinda' like in between those, but I buy anyway because their Pro Bundle contains cool stuff I can use with the above-named characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I really want FW (+EJ / FD?) to revisit Dan for G8M, but that probably won't happen.  Loved Dan; not too muscle-y, not too skinny... _sigh_

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what new stuff they throw at us!

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Based on generation 3 characters:

Preschool Maddie 8 - release date when warm places freeze over, lol

Seriously though, I would like to see Mei Lin and Kalea as well as Zev0's Growing Up morphs. A slender fae character might be nice too.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,643

I really hope they bring back Leo though, I love everything about him.

Even if he comes back as a G8F figure?  Leo's been going through some... changes.

Well, if that's who she wants to be this generation, I'm willing to embrace that. laugh