Carnotaurus sastrei [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
edited June 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Carnotaurus sastrei [Commercial]

Get it here: https://www.daz3d.com/carnotaurus-sastrei

Carnotaurus sastrei includes 11 poses, is highly detailed, and can easily be posed to fit your needs. The dinosaur comes with two skin textures and has established material zones for the main body, teeth, eyes, and horns that allow you to quickly and easily change the material for those zones.

Get to know the dinosaur:
Carnotaurus sastrei ("Flesh-Eating Bull") lived during the late Cretaceous period (72-69 MYA) in Argentina. Carnotaurus is most famous for its weird looking figure and its horns on its head. Carnotaurus was one of the fastest dinosaurs to ever exist but had a rough time turning sharply. Carnotaurus preyed on medium and big game and was fast enough to cover long distances very quickly in search for food.

Popup_01.jpg
936 x 720 - 645K
Popup_02.jpg
936 x 720 - 734K
Popup_03.jpg
936 x 720 - 816K
Popup_04.jpg
936 x 720 - 644K
Popup_05.jpg
936 x 720 - 409K
Popup_06.jpg
936 x 720 - 406K
Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    edited May 2017

Oh wow, that first render is phenomenal!  

*edit*  And I just noticed your new Avatar, Yay Dino Riders!  That's awesome

Post edited by dragotx on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I love your dinosaurs....

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572

looks to much like a dino, its not alien enough for me to want. but looks very good.

i really liked death stalker and dune hunter. got them and added to my runtime.

looking forward to the yellow bugs coming out.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

looks to much like a dino, its not alien enough for me to want. but looks very good.

Just the opposite, no use for the imaginary creatures but this one looks outstanding!!!! GREAT promo renders!

That's because it is a dino....

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

'This dinosaur looks too much like a dinosaur' has to be the strangest I've seen in quite some time...

'This dinosaur looks too much like a dinosaur' has to be the strangest I've seen in quite some time...

I just couldn't pass...

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited May 2017
    dragotx said:

Yay Dino Riders!  That's awesome

My next project is actually battle armor for this Carnotaurus model. Just wrapped up the first piece of armor today, the helmet. Here's a quick look at it (rendered inside of Daz).

The battle armor will be making full use of Iray materials by utiilizing 8 maps per armor piece at 4k size. I will also be releasing a seperate texture pack that will include a wide variety of camo patterns for the armor as well as a few skins of a war battered Carno.

Here is some early conceptual pics of the armor to give you an idea of the full suit (the final product will feature changes).

*edit: added more up-to-date conceptual render.

dragotx said:

Yay Dino Riders!  That's awesome

My next project is actually battle armor for this Carnotaurus model. Just wrapped up the first piece of armor today, the helmet. Here's a quick look at it (rendered inside of Daz).

The battle armor will be making full use of Iray materials by utiilizing 8 maps per armor piece at 4k size. I will also be releasing a seperate texture pack that will include a wide variety of camo patterns for the armor as well as a few skins of a war battered Carno.

Here is some early conceptual pics of the armor to give you an idea of the full suit (the final product will feature changes).

Ooooooooh I had no idea how much I need this in my life. Will the armor work with your trex or Death hunter as well? Obviously the helmet won't work with death/dune, but what about the rest?
  • The armor is being designed specifically for the Carno but I'm not sure how well it would work with other animals/creatures. However, I will be releasing more dinos as well as more armor tailored for those dinos in the near future. Check out my "Daz Roadmap" in my signature to get the specifics.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

That armour is so freaking cool. I almost used a different F work but I restrained myself. @______

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91

Looking great!

The armor is being designed specifically for the Carno but I'm not sure how well it would work with other animals/creatures. However, I will be releasing more dinos as well as more armor tailored for those dinos in the near future. Check out my "Daz Roadmap" in my signature to get the specifics.

That's kinda what I expected, I imagine it would be hard to make the armor work on the different dinos/creatures, there is too much variance in body shapes.  But it was worth asking, and i'll test them out once I get them.  I'm just having to put myself on a budget, so I might not be able to snag these immediately.  But I will be picking them up as I can, awesome work! 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

He does look like a Dino but what is going on with the hands?  Or there is nothing wrong with them other than I am browsing the forums on my phone thing

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited May 2017

He does look like a Dino but what is going on with the hands?

Darwin's work, not mine lol. They were probably on the way out in terms of evolution. You think T. rex had tiny arms, google Carnotaurus. No elbow, wrist, or functional digits.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

He does look like a cool dino so not complaining 

That armour is incredible..

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Having on/off options for lights in Iray is always very welcome, but it really does look stunningly realistic there. Looking forward hugely to this. Kind of think it needs something on the left side, though; looks like that seat platform would unbalance and make it keep wanting to steer to the right. :)

If you ever made a Megalodon or giant squid in the future, I could easily picture an enclosed aquatic version of those robotic components, likewise.

Is there a possibility of an Iray expansion for your delightfully reptilian Rex in the future?

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

love the textures both of the dino and the armor and that lighting pretty cool

Having on/off options for lights in Iray is always very welcome, but it really does look stunningly realistic there. Looking forward hugely to this. Kind of think it needs something on the left side, though; looks like that seat platform would unbalance and make it keep wanting to steer to the right. :)

If you ever made a Megalodon or giant squid in the future, I could easily picture an enclosed aquatic version of those robotic components, likewise.

Is there a possibility of an Iray expansion for your delightfully reptilian Rex in the future?

Yes and updated material zones for the rex would be nice if possible :)
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

1) I think the dino looks like a dino means it looks like all the other dinos..like a rex with smaller arms.

As opposed to monsters that look...like....monsters...lol

2) I think maybe you could do an artfarm kinda thing and make the top part separate from the bottom harness so that all you need to rework is the 'saddle' part and we can use the same top armor or weapon system. An army would probably design a different harness but keep the platform configuration exactly the same (aside from loadout scaled to what the dino could carry) Then your product could ship with several harnesses/saddles and the larger armor parts are the same.

That would be more attractive as it would cross-promote several dinos. Might want to collect ALL the dinos you include and or you could build a bundle if you support a vendor with multiple dinos is his catalog.

Got to admit, I passed based on the hands although the head and body are awesome.

I hope you do some kind of morph because - with the prevalence of fantsy renders, I just think grasping, poseable hands are a thing.

Yeah, a morph would be awesome so that giant claws could come grabbing at ya..

OOOORRRRRR maybe you make armored claws.......that go on top of the arms like gloves...oh snaps.

Josh crockett has  away fo morphing models together. Is there any possibility that this could visit other models and we could someday mix and match dinos?

Does that sound crazy?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I'm with Ice Dragon Art. I don't get the "he looks like a Dino but . . . " comments. He/She IS a dinosaur. This is an accurate model (as far as we believe) of a living creature. Not some imaginary "monster" thing.

edited May 2017
    fastbike1 said:

I'm with Ice Dragon Art. I don't get the "he looks like a Dino but . . . " comments. He/She IS a dinosaur. This is an accurate model (as far as we believe) of a living creature. Not some imaginary "monster" thing.

Yes I agree this is what the arms/hands were like on a Carnotaurus,  its not suposed to be a fantasy creature. I like to do historically accurate Dinosaur images and so fanstasy creatures though they can look good dont fit the bill for that. I for one Love the Dinosaurs as they were (as far as we know) and the more accurate the better for me, its accuracy that makes me buy them. This looks like the most accurate Carnotaurus for daz/poser by far can't wait to grab it :)

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    avxp said:

Josh crockett has  away fo morphing models together. Is there any possibility that this could visit other models and we could someday mix and match dinos?

Does that sound crazy?

Yes wink

Don't hate me, but why not cater to the widest base? Skantily clad female warriors (in heels) battling dragons and monsters...

I....like....that....stufff....... [hangs head in shame]

Pretty please.

• Accuracy is what I'm striving for with my dinosaurs and the fact that they are accurate is one of the major factors on why they sell so well. Many artists use them to make paleoart including myself. I will be releasing more creatures/aliens later this year for those that do fantasy art if the creatures (that I've already released) start to sell as much as the dinosaurs.

Oh no, I'm just saying you could make morphs and THIS dinosaur could have small arms for realism and something else for versatility. That's what I was suggesting, but obviously, your vision is what's important.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I don't see why the dinosaur doesn't qualify as a monster in that context? The existing skeleton suggests an 8 to 9 meter length. That would be pretty formidable if you're standing there with a flint headed spear, or worse a sword

avxp said:

Don't hate me, but why not cater to the widest base? Skantily clad female warriors (in heels) battling dragons and monsters...

I....like....that....stufff....... [hangs head in shame]

Pretty please.