Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.1 released

1686970717274»

Comments

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,693
    L'Adair said:

It's simple: type the "@" followed by the member's forum name.

Thanks a lot for explaining! :)

L'Adair said:

Unfortunately, it made no difference when saving the scene with both LAMH groups in the scene. It still crashed DS when loading.

Hmmm yeah, you're right DS does not want to load my scene with the two cats (also using the beta; my "general release" is a 4.6 as a backup because old .daz files don't really load in 4.11). Weird.

I made a few tests, and it does not mind two furry primitives of the same type, but doesn't want to load two furry figures with the same geometry.

But it loads a scene with two different furry figures fine (disclaimer: at least older, Poser type of figures).

You could use a workaround, I think: if you save one of the same-base figures with its LAMH group out as a scene subset, and delete it from the scene before saving, it should work fine. And then the scene subset can be merged back later (but you will need to remember to save one figure out as a subset and delete it every time you save the scene).

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 282

There is some twitchiness with some aspects that I haven't got full notes on, but maybe figure out if there's another workflow you can get around that.

L'Adair,

For the posing portion of the program, you don't really need the preset attached.  You can pose your nekked cubs & apply the preset at the end.

As such, have your tried posing both cubs first, save the scene, etc. then attach the corresponding preset to each cub?  What'd I'd do at that point is to only make fur for one at a time.  Reparent the fur to the figure then remove the LAMH items. And save the scene at this point.  See if you can Exit DS and load it now.  See if you can now proceed with the 2nd cub.

If there's still an issue, I'd take your Two posed Cubs scene, save each cub off to a sepeate scene.  Create your fur for each but still remove the Rman items for the sceen save.  Now you should be able to load one & do a Scene Merge load.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,389
    edited July 15

There is some twitchiness with some aspects that I haven't got full notes on, but maybe figure out if there's another workflow you can get around that.

L'Adair,

For the posing portion of the program, you don't really need the preset attached.  You can pose your nekked cubs & apply the preset at the end.

As such, have your tried posing both cubs first, save the scene, etc. then attach the corresponding preset to each cub?  What'd I'd do at that point is to only make fur for one at a time.  Reparent the fur to the figure then remove the LAMH items. And save the scene at this point.  See if you can Exit DS and load it now.  See if you can now proceed with the 2nd cub.

If there's still an issue, I'd take your Two posed Cubs scene, save each cub off to a sepeate scene.  Create your fur for each but still remove the Rman items for the sceen save.  Now you should be able to load one & do a Scene Merge load.

@mdwhitney_17f0196a22, Because I'm using 3Delight to render, I don't have to make the scene poly-heavy by converting the hair to OBJ or Fiber Mesh. It renders just fine with only the LAMH Group(s). (If I were using Iray, we wouldn't be having this conversation! lol)

Anyway, I always pose the figure before attaching LAMH. It isn't the last thing I do before rendering, but only because it may be necessary to tweak a pose once I can see where the hair goes. But those are tiny increments.

It's a bit of a pain to save the scene with only one LAMH Group, and then reload for the other figure(s), but not that much of an issue, especially loading presets as Mustakettu85 detailed earlier; Once the image is done, I won't actually need to revisit the scene. I'm not doing a series, or anything like that.

I feel much better knowing it's a limitation of the technology, and not something I did wrong.

Once again, I'd like to thank you and @Mustakettu85 both for your time and your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Ah.  I never tried it with 3Dlight so didn't know it could even do that.  That makes a big difference then so isn't system resources issue most likely. Somehings getting confused internally using the same base figure.  Hopefully AM will pop up with some comments on that specific situation as it can't be that uncommon.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,693

Hopefully AM will pop up with some comments on that specific situation as it can't be that uncommon.

Yeah, would be nice to know if it's just one of those LAMH limitations (like the parenting-related insta-crash) or if it got broken due to DS updates.

L'Adair said:

Once again, I'd like to thank you and @Mustakettu85 both for your time and your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

And thank you! 

I was having issues like that prior to 4.11 such as renaming the newly generated groups before unparenting them from the preset. 

There's something in the editor too where toggling follicle groups or one of those panels that suddenly everything just vanishes if you toggle something or accidently turn all off.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 2,763

I still need to find a way to mimic the traits of a special breed of dog (Weirmaraner) that sota looks like a long-eared lab but has a cropped tail, like a Doberman. I prefer only to use LAMH animals. I don't even buy animals without some form of hair, usually LAMH.

I need a dog with, preferably, LAMH presets and the ability to crop the tail and elongate the ears. And what happens to the hair when a tail is cropped? Is there a LAMH preset for daz dog 8?

82fb0c4fa880de4c1c4e2bb71c7bd638.jpg
    1194 x 800 - 760K
    c8c4ee21f03d4a403a6722312de95400.jpg
    723 x 1080 - 847K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 4,033

Catalyzer Gorilla

Checking Messages

2019-07-17 23:36:18.938 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 28.42 seconds

Click on image for full size.

edited July 19

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread) on dForce Oso Pooka for Daz Dog 8 instead of the dforce furs, does anyone know how that would work? Same curiosity for the dForce Oso Lechuza for DAZ Dog 8, too.

More curiosity ... if I want to use the fur from Big Cat-Dog for Daz Dog 8 on the dachshund, make him have tiger or lion fur, how would I do that? I'd love a lion chihuahua, lol. Does anyone know how to morph a chihuahua? And how hard would using the skins and hair and tail morphs from Anubis Hound for Daz Dog 8 on any other dog 8 breed be?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread)

Might you have a link to those?

edited July 20

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread)

Might you have a link to those?

I found links in this thread, which lead me to other places, sometimes.

Post edited by WillowRaven on