Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

How do I do that with a preset?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995

How do I do that with a preset?

In the LAMH group you will see the surfaces that contain hairs listed.  Hide those surfaces that you don't want calculated (use the "eye" visibility marker).

Kendall

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

A somewhat tangential question to Alessandro: if I am not using Iray, do I need to download the updates to your animal models?

I want to know too....please respond.

• Spit said:

A somewhat tangential question to Alessandro: if I am not using Iray, do I need to download the updates to your animal models?

Nope you don't, the updates are specifically designed for use with the Catalyzer 

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    Spit said:

Nope you don't, the updates are specifically designed for use with the Catalyzer 

Thank you.

Using LAMH in 3DL, if I change the shader used on the hair/fur, is there a way to lock that in so it doesn't reset the next time you load the scene?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995

Using LAMH in 3DL, if I change the shader used on the hair/fur, is there a way to lock that in so it doesn't reset the next time you load the scene?

Not with the current version. Kendall
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I noticed that in the updated products which now have Catalyzer presets, the .lmh files have been removed.  Is that intentional?

• I noticed that in the updated products which now have Catalyzer presets, the .lmh files have been removed.  Is that intentional?

It's not needed since the information is all embedded in the .duf files.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Alessandro,

Your recent stuff has been as impressive as always but when are we going to get some more cute little furry animals?

Cheers,

Alex.

• Alessandro,

Your recent stuff has been as impressive as always but when are we going to get some more cute little furry animals?

Cheers,

Alex.

Can’t say for sure but not too far. What would you like to see first?

• Dogs or cats

• Dogs.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Alessandro,

Cheers,

Alex.

Mouse or Rat. 

After struggling trying to make morphs for dogs (holy poo), dogs.

I had heard the mildog was 'old' but I didn't appreciate what that really meant.

• Dogs. Maybe dogs. I'd even settle for domesticated canines, but really, dogs.

As a side note, I seem to remember something about convertimg some of the furrythings presets to catalizer, maybe that could help tide us over while we wait for updated models (of dogs)?

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

Possum, possum, possum. Pretty please . . . Brushtail Possum.

Need something cute for hunting scenes.

Alessandro,

Cheers,

Alex.

Alessandro,

Top of my wish list is the Red Panda.  They are incredibly cute and adorable and I think they would sell very well.  The success of the Bear Cubs and Squirrels shows that cute sells.

Cheers,

Alex.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Dog. Cat. Desperately desperately need a new updated dog or cat with LAMH: different breeds etc. 

Also a new rat. My poor ol' noggins rat is showing his age - particularly if we can get some "fantasy" type colours for him. 

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320

Cat.

edited October 2017

Note for my fellow dog lovers, CGNZ does a couple of add-ons for Alessandro's wolf mark two:

https://www.daz3d.com/husky-for-wolf-2-0-by-am

https://www.daz3d.com/german-shepherd-for-wolf-2-0-36965

These are not catalyzer compliant, however, so if you're also into Iray you'll have to render them the old-fashioned way.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Ferret/ermine.  Or otter. Maybe a pine marten?

• ShozaiShozai Posts: 30

A lynx :) But every animal is fine for me :D

• DEFINITELY a lynx!  But I'll take anything that has fur and a heartbeat...

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

So after you get a selection. How do you save a section as a preset so I dont have to select the area's everytime I load LAMH?

• So after you get a selection. How do you save a section as a preset so I dont have to select the area's everytime I load LAMH?

While in the LAMH editor you can save a .lmh file at any time that can be reloaded onto the same generation figure.  All work that you've performed to that point will be saved.

Kendall

k, but your missing the point.. im aware its possible. im asking how.. :)

edited October 2017

nvm.. it just dont work when i try to overwritte. it said not supported and aborts. i dont understand why. the only thing i can do is delete the object and re import it into the scene to get any loading presets to work. im probably doing something wrong, but i dont know what.

Post edited by Angel on
  • Overwriting presets already attached to the figure doesn't work.  The only way that I have found to load a different preset onto a figure is to (1) close the LAMH editor, (2) delete the existing fur preset using the Scene tab, and then (3) select the base figure again and load a new preset.  I will often save the scene and re-open Studio between steps 2 and 3 if the problem happens more than once.  Hope it helps...

• It is possible to merge presets, i.e. add new presets with the current one.  However, this isn't supported from within the editor.  At one point we had that feature working in the editor but a change in DS versions broke the feature so we had to disable it.

Kendall