Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Just something i did using LAMH and Draagon's dynamic kimono and Mariaeh's lacemaker shaders.

Hair is my own shader.

lace_and_auburn_S.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 267K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Just something i did using LAMH and Draagon's dynamic kimono and Mariaeh's lacemaker shaders.

Hair is my own shader.

Great render Amy: is this an OBJ or RenderMan curves?

• atozedatozed Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

atozed said:
    Okay. Getting frustrated here. I'm trying to use the free player, version 1.05, on DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18. I want to export a fur preset as an OBJ file using the following procedure:

- Start DAZ Studio 4.6 (64-bit, running on Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 GM RAM)
    - Load the target figure (dog, big cat, etc.)
    - Apply material preset to target product
    - Apply the fur preset to the target figure using the Attach LAMH Preset button
    - Export to an object file using the LAMH to OBJ button (I answer yes to the export prompt)

Some time later, I get prompted to save the .OBJ file. After pressing Save at the prompt, I get the message shown below. After pressing OK, DAZ Studio crashes, every single time!

Is there a problem with the export to OBJ function? If yes, is it fixed with the new LAMH release? If no, then what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Hi, please check that the folder: C:/Users/shadowfax/Dcouments/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry actually exists.
    If it doesn't, please create it manually. Also, you didn't mention how many hairs you tried to export and your computer specs: if you are on a 32bit system and you try to export to OBJ a large amount of hair, say more than 200000, that would most likely drain resources and possibly lead to a crash.
    We have optimized several routines on the upcoming 1.06 version (should be out in the next days as DAZ put it in the store) and we also fixed the missing 'geometry' path issue that probably is the reason for your crash.

Thank you very much Alessandro. Manually creating the geometry folder path did the trick. Unfortunately, trying to import the object file into Poser didn't work very well. The exported object didn't line up with the character (millennium dog), and rendered all green (Poser doesn't seem to import any color information). Oh well, back to the hair room!

BTW. Are you guys planning to create a Poser version of LAMH? You would probably sell a few copies...

edited June 2013

atozed said:
    atozed said:
    Okay. Getting frustrated here. I'm trying to use the free player, version 1.05, on DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18. I want to export a fur preset as an OBJ file using the following procedure:

- Start DAZ Studio 4.6 (64-bit, running on Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 GM RAM)
    - Load the target figure (dog, big cat, etc.)
    - Apply material preset to target product
    - Apply the fur preset to the target figure using the Attach LAMH Preset button
    - Export to an object file using the LAMH to OBJ button (I answer yes to the export prompt)

Some time later, I get prompted to save the .OBJ file. After pressing Save at the prompt, I get the message shown below. After pressing OK, DAZ Studio crashes, every single time!

Is there a problem with the export to OBJ function? If yes, is it fixed with the new LAMH release? If no, then what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Hi, please check that the folder: C:/Users/shadowfax/Dcouments/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry actually exists.
    If it doesn't, please create it manually. Also, you didn't mention how many hairs you tried to export and your computer specs: if you are on a 32bit system and you try to export to OBJ a large amount of hair, say more than 200000, that would most likely drain resources and possibly lead to a crash.
    We have optimized several routines on the upcoming 1.06 version (should be out in the next days as DAZ put it in the store) and we also fixed the missing 'geometry' path issue that probably is the reason for your crash.

Thank you very much Alessandro. Manually creating the geometry folder path did the trick. Unfortunately, trying to import the object file into Poser didn't work very well. The exported object didn't line up with the character (millennium dog), and rendered all green (Poser doesn't seem to import any color information). Oh well, back to the hair room!

BTW. Are you guys planning to create a Poser version of LAMH? You would probably sell a few copies...

Hi atozed, actually the OBJ should work fine in Poser and any application that supports OBJ files.
    As you import both the millennium dog and the OBJ fur in Poser, make sure that the Poser import options 'Centered' and 'Percent of standard figure size' are both disabled.
    As both the models will load, they should match properly. At this point, you need to apply the .jpg texture to the fur OBJ (LAMH generates it and you can find it in your C:/Users/shadowfax/Dcouments/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry/ folder as well).
    Here attached a screenshot of the DAZ Millennium Puppy furred and imported in the Poser preview window...

About a Poser version, I can't release any information or comment at this time.

pup.jpg
    1710 x 1127 - 362K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro, the hair is renderman curves. They do indeed render beautifully :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Awaiting the big update still. Hope the beta team is doing a great job squashing bugs.

I'm getting very much done with the Fuzzie critter I started designing last year. See the link below for the image:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1181/P30/#348434

His full height is at Genesis knee caps. I also did a medium and tall sized version of Fuzzie. All very customized not just shrinking the figure, trust me, it's allot of work! lol

So my question is..... if I create a full furred version for the little guy will that auto fit the medium and tall versions or will I have to do 3 versions of the full body fur?

Thanks and looking forward to the re-release

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hi,

Awaiting the big update still. Hope the beta team is doing a great job squashing bugs.

I'm getting very much done with the Fuzzie critter I started designing last year. See the link below for the image:

His full height is at Genesis knee caps. I also did a medium and tall sized version of Fuzzie. All very customized not just shrinking the figure, trust me, it's allot of work! lol

So my question is..... if I create a full furred version for the little guy will that auto fit the medium and tall versions or will I have to do 3 versions of the full body fur?

Hi Richard, yes I'd say that you only need to create a preset, and altering the shape of the model (morphs, shape levels etc.) will make the hair adjusting automatically (this BTW already happens on 1.0, a Genesis standard preset will autofit Gorilla, Freak etc.)...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

I just installed the player yesterday because there are so many cool things being done with it. I downloaded some freebies from the mentioned site. I tried three different ones at default settings and they all crashed DS when I hit render. My computer is pretty good memory-wise. Is there something I should know before I hit render? Progressive rendering was off and I had default lighting only, and then tried one spotlight, no shadow.

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    I just installed the player yesterday because there are so many cool things being done with it. I downloaded some freebies from the mentioned site. I tried three different ones at default settings and they all crashed DS when I hit render. My computer is pretty good memory-wise. Is there something I should know before I hit render? Progressive rendering was off and I had default lighting only, and then tried one spotlight, no shadow.

Hi Lucia, you may want to try the new 1.06 player version (will be out in the next few hours): we addressed some issues that would cause render errors on some systems. Thanks

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hi,

Hi Richard, yes I'd say that you only need to create a preset, and altering the shape of the model (morphs, shape levels etc.) will make the hair adjusting automatically (this BTW already happens on 1.0, a Genesis standard preset will autofit Gorilla, Freak etc.)...

Hi Alex.

I'm so so happy to hear this. GREAT! I'm looking forward to playing with the newer version with all the new tools. I know my little Furrie will be so happy! Thanks for all your fabulous work.

Rich

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

Hi Lucia, you may want to try the new 1.06 player version (will be out in the next few hours): we addressed some issues that would cause render errors on some systems. Thanks

Cool. Thanks. I will try it.

• SadeSade Posts: 883
    edited December 1969

hello, i hope i got a little support
    im using win.4.6 daz with 64bit

when im using that, its says render error, and when i try save it, it force close.

i have 16gb memory, it shouldnt be the problem
    thank you

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

sade said:
    hello, i hope i got a little support
    im using win.4.6 daz with 64bit

when im using that, its says render error, and when i try save it, it force close.

i have 16gb memory, it shouldnt be the problem
    thank you

The DAZ installer for 1.05 doesn't create some necessary folders. Please create the following folders:

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM
    Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/presets
    Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/maps
    Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry

The 1.06 update accounts for the DAZ installer not creating the folders and will create them as necessary. We expect the 1.06 update to hit the store any time now.

Kendall

• SadeSade Posts: 883
    edited June 2013

thank you. the documents is on the c: or in the daz folder?

edit: figured out tjhanks, works like a dream. should i uipgrade when it will be avaible?

Post edited by Sade on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

sade said:
    thank you. the documents is on the c: or in the daz folder?

edit: figured out tjhanks, works like a dream. should i uipgrade when it will be avaible?

Yes. The 1.06 update adds some really nice features. Please see the New Thread for the 1.06 player.

Kendall

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Yes. The 1.06 update adds some really nice features. Please see the New Thread for the 1.06 player.

Kendall

Link??????

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Scott was so kind to make this awesome preset for Genesis providing a primate fur cover.
    Thank you very much for doing and sharing it with the community!

Download link here: http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/GenesisPrimateFur.zip

genesisfur3.jpg
    786 x 786 - 179K
    genesisfur2.jpg
    618 x 800 - 264K
    genesisfur1.jpg
    618 x 800 - 133K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

YAY! *snags*

• Lmx3dLmx3d Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

A quick render done with the free LAMH Player, 2 Lycaons each with 2,5M hairs, UE2 and a distant light. Added glow effect in Photoshop. Great model and awesome LAMH!

2lycaons.jpg
    1282 x 954 - 422K
    edited December 1969

A Cinema 4D test render from Luca after furring animals in LAMH and exporting to .OBJ

C4D.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 153K
    edited December 1969

Hello folks, LAMH FREE Player version 1.0.6.1 has just been released, make sure to update it, thanks.

Resolved Issues:
    - Fixed sporadic render errors
    - Improved performances and stability with presets (especially Rawart's latest figures)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Good for the player users, but is there any more news on when the full plugin is updated?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited June 2013

Still crashes, I downloaded from the first post in the player thread is that the correct update.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

Still crashes, I downloaded from the first post in the player thread is that the correct update.

Please download it from the DAZ Store: http://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair-free-player

Also, click the little LAMH icon in the player pane and check it says version 1.0.6.1P

edited December 1969

Good for the player users, but is there any more news on when the full plugin is updated?

Now that the new player is out, we are focusing on completing the full version update. We are still beta-testing it but the number of fixes to apply is reduced to a small set. I can't give an exact date but I'm confident we are not too far now.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Thank you seems to be working fine now.

LAMHLycaon1.jpg
    776 x 1200 - 143K
    edited December 1969

Excellent!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh mah gawd. That's awesome beyond belief.