Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I found it.

You CAN use more than one LAMH object in a scene, IF each of them has shave groups that are renamed to match the names of material groups in the object. That is, you don't have to have that many shave groups, but each one needs to have the same name as a mat zone. I built the cat set with this in mind for ease of use, not knowing it was mandatory.

Now the cat ears and tail work together in a scene. I'll show a render as soon as one is done.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I found it.

You CAN use more than one LAMH object in a scene, IF each of them has shave groups that are renamed to match the names of material groups in the object. That is, you don't have to have that many shave groups, but each one needs to have the same name as a mat zone. I built the cat set with this in mind for ease of use, not knowing it was mandatory.

Now the cat ears and tail work together in a scene. I'll show a render as soon as one is done.

CAVEAT: This *may* work but is not guaranteed to. It is a side effect of the current development code that was there before. DO NOT count on this to work reliably. There are other "goodies" there as well that a few have found. They are not formally supported yet, therefore you cannot count on them working.

There is a lot of power in LAMH, it is *MUCH MUCH* more than just hair.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I found it.

CAVEAT: This *may* work but is not guaranteed to. It is a side effect of the current development code that was there before. DO NOT count on this to work reliably. There are other "goodies" there as well that a few have found. They are not formally supported yet, therefore you cannot count on them working.

Kendall

I'll plan to retest the bunny set and see if it still works after the update. I hate to delay the nekomimi with people asking me for it, but I also don't want to release it with fur that may not work later, sooo.

edited December 1969

I found it.

Kendall

I'll plan to retest the bunny set and see if it still works after the update. I hate to delay the nekomimi with people asking me for it, but I also don't want to release it with fur that may not work later, sooo.

Please contact me directly so that I can get you what you need.

krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

edited December 1969

Will do.

• cbgamer6cbgamer6 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, I'm a video game developer. This is my first post on the DAZ forum so if it blows up, sorry about that lolz. I thought I would share some of the concept artwork I've been putting together for a new MMO. I used LAMH for quite a few renderings!

All bow before the ICY grip of the Dark Elf...! ;-P

Dark_Elf.jpg
    1010 x 882 - 483K
  • VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Think I posted to Facebook a while back about a couple of preset link errors. Don't remember all of them, but found one that looks like it's not been repaired. The Mil Big Cat link for "Lion with mane and tuft" still leads to the Medium fur file.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

cbgamer6 said:
    Hi, I'm a video game developer. This is my first post on the DAZ forum so if it blows up, sorry about that lolz. I thought I would share some of the concept artwork I've been putting together for a new MMO. I used LAMH for quite a few renderings!

All bow before the ICY grip of the Dark Elf...! ;-P

Thanks for sharing it! :)

edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:
    Think I posted to Facebook a while back about a couple of preset link errors. Don't remember all of them, but found one that looks like it's not been repaired. The Mil Big Cat link for "Lion with mane and tuft" still leads to the Medium fur file.

Hi, the link that you mentioned is now fixed! Thanks

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Facebook has made me so lazy...I so wanted to just Like the above. (Feeling sick isn't helping either.) Spoiled internet elf...

Downloading now. :) Thanks back!

• JimbotiniJimbotini Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Yay, new computer... boo, I can't register LAMH on it. So how do I go about fixing this?

edited December 1969

jim said:
    Yay, new computer... boo, I can't register LAMH on it. So how do I go about fixing this?

Hi Jim, run LAMH and email me the Serial Number and Product Installation Code. My email is info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @)

edited December 1969

I found it.

Kendall

Please contact me directly so that I can get you what you need.

krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

I sent a message but received no response (perhaps I got spamblocked?). I'm sickleyield AT gmail DOT com.

edited December 1969

Hello folks, we are very happy to announce that the enhanced and free 1.05 Look at my Hair Player is now available through the DAZ Store at the following address: http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/look-at-my-hair-free-player

We hope you will enjoy it and note that there are many presets available for free at LAMH library: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

And don't forget about RawArt's New LAMH Enhanced figure! [url= http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21232/] http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21232/

8.jpg
    500 x 650 - 277K
    10.jpg
    650 x 500 - 183K
    4.jpg
    500 x 650 - 144K
    1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 158K
    index.jpg
    385 x 500 - 69K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

is 1.1 out yet, I saw it referenced in the Sasquatch details. I haven't used LAMH in a few months been waiting for the update. Not sure if I'm missing something. thanks

edited December 1969

is 1.1 out yet, I saw it referenced in the Sasquatch details. I haven't used LAMH in a few months been waiting for the update. Not sure if I'm missing something. thanks

Hi, we are currently beta-testing the 1.05 full version (we decided to get that revision number to match current player).
    We are aiming to release it very soon, as the testers will be satisfied with it.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Hi, we are currently beta-testing the 1.05 full version (we decided to get that revision number to match current player).
    We are aiming to release it very soon, as the testers will be satisfied with it.

OK thanks. looks like the Sasquatch details got updated a bit but not completely.

The LAMH Presets in the Studio Library only work through the Free Player or beta (v1.1+) version of Look At My Hair

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

If you bought Look at My Hair, do you need the player? Thanks.

Hello folks, we are very happy to announce that the enhanced and free 1.05 Look at my Hair Player is now available through the DAZ Store at the following address: http://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models-and-content/look-at-my-hair-free-player

We hope you will enjoy it and note that there are many presets available for free at LAMH library: http://www.furrythings.com/presets/

And don't forget about RawArt's New LAMH Enhanced figure! [url= http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21232/] http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21232/

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I suppose I already don't need free player if I bought LAMH complete version. I first installed free player because I wanted try first before get complete version. When I bought it, I didn't uninstall free player, I installed LAMH complete on top (I'm impatient, sorry) and I didn't eliminate it because hair made directly from LAMH complete crash on render, so, I needed save the hair and load with free player. But now, with DS4.5 beta, complete and free player crash on render. Is there any advice about uninstall free player with complete installed?

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:

If you've already bought the LAMH-plugin, then no - you don't need the free player. The status of the plugin you've bought is that soon the development team will release version 1.05 (as stated by Kendall and Alessandro earlier in this very thread). But as it is, you can use the current version, and create your very own hair-styles and render pretty pictures. Or download presets and use them in your own projects.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2013

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with the new LAMH Player?

I load Genesis. Load a preset - Female Parted Hair by Alessandro. Load V5 and a pose to Genesis. Hit render. Render errors out every time.
    Am I missing something?

LAMH.jpg
    1492 x 744 - 175K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:

If you have the full, you don't need the player. There are a couple of new features in the player that are coming in the 1.05 full, such as .duf preset loading and the Human Hair Shader.

Kendall

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

I load Genesis. Load a preset - Female Parted Hair by Alessandro. Load V5 and a pose to Genesis. Hit render. Render errors out every time.
    Am I missing something?

There's an error log for LAMH, it is usually at "\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM", logFile.txt or so (search if you can't find it otherwise). Can you check out what it contains?

edited April 2013

Haruchai said:

Am I missing something?

If you are using an Intel Graphics Chipset you need to update the drivers to the latest version. If not, please send me the logfile.txt file from the Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairam folder in email to krsears (at) trdc.biz

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited April 2013

Skiriki and Kendall Sears, thank you for your kind offers of assistance,

Unfortunately I have fallen at the first hurdle. I am unable to locate a log file for the plugin. Below is a search of my entire C drive looking for it and as you can see the only 'hit' was for the plugin folder. I also searched for 'logfile' with no success.

NVidia Graphics chip with regularly updated drivers.

Do the preset files have to be in specific folder? I have created a 'Look At My Hair Presets' folder within 'My Library', could that be causing an issue?

LAMH2.jpg
    801 x 474 - 69K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Can you search for logfile.txt ?

edited April 2013

Haruchai said:

Unfortunately I have fallen at the first hurdle. I am unable to locate a log file for the plugin. Below is a search of my entire C drive looking for it and as you can see the only 'hit' was for the plugin folder. I also searched for 'logfile' with no success.

Do the preset files have to be in specific folder? I have created a 'Look At My Hair Presets' folder within 'My Library', could that be causing an issue?

This is probably the source of your problem. Create the following folders:

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Maps

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/Presets

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry

The "maps" folder is the main necessary one as that is where the density maps and such are stored for rendering.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

The "maps" folder is the main necessary one as that is where the density maps and such are stored for rendering.

Kendall

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders? I really prefer to keep My Documents for my documents, as far as possible.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

Kendall

Is the update going to remove the need for those hard-coded folders? I really prefer to keep My Documents for my documents, as far as possible.

The lookatmyhairAM folder follows the DAZ default "Studio" folder location. Wherever it is, the lookatmyhairAM folder will follow.

Kendall

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited April 2013

I'm getting the same hair errors, tried putting the folders in as suggested and still not able to get it to render properly, any other suggestion?
    I am not getting the small error box though, it just renders the pic with skimpy hair.

Post edited by Heatherleea on