Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Well I hope this will be one of the first DAZ products to come out with the LAMH preset as I'm sick of fiberMesh LAMH gives way better results.

OMG it's a wombat !! it is isn't it??? a Wombat what a cutie!!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited February 2013

carrie58 said:
    Well I hope this will be one of the first DAZ products to come out with the LAMH preset as I'm sick of fiberMesh LAMH gives way better results.

Yes you got it in one, you must be an Ozy to know that or are an honorary one now !

Stand.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 249K
    Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Will you do a kangaroo as well?

edited December 1969

What about a tasmanian devil !!!
    We'll see how this one goes.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You know I'm all for more fauna!

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

pomotom said:
    Thanks for great work!
    Now playing with obj export and LuxRender. Best material settings for now: roughglass, 0.0500 (500 in Reality)- 0.030 uroughness. Export settings 30 root, 5 tips or even 15 root 3 tips, number 120000-150000. Studio can consume up to 7Gb, far less in bounding box mode - always switch to it before export! Lux can take up to 2-3Gb. Hybrid rendering and SLG modes crashes even in FrankenLux on 2-2.5 mil faces scenes, but speed of CPU-only mode reasonable (up to 300kC/s on sum of 8 cores).

Hello pomotom, nice catch on swithing to bounding box mode, that really helps keeping Studio interface responsive!
    Great result on the render too, I like the styling you've done on this one!

edited December 1969

deskridge said:
    Coffee with a Cougar

Superb, thanks for sharing it Daniel!

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Yes you got it in one, you must be an Ozy to know that or are an honorary one now !

Well this critter is just AWESOME! :) Bravissimo Wayne!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Nope not from down under ,I've just always been interested in critters of all types . Hope you don't mind if I send you a PM Midnight_Stories .....

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    carrie58 said:

Nope not from down under ,I've just always been interested in critters of all types . Hope you don't mind if I send you a PM Midnight_Stories .....
    That's no problem, I'm just going out for some lunch !

• edited December 1969

pomotom said:
    Thanks for great work!
    Now playing with obj export and LuxRender. Best material settings for now: roughglass, 0.0500 (500 in Reality)- 0.030 uroughness. Export settings 30 root, 5 tips or even 15 root 3 tips, number 120000-150000. Studio can consume up to 7Gb, far less in bounding box mode - always switch to it before export! Lux can take up to 2-3Gb. Hybrid rendering and SLG modes crashes even in FrankenLux on 2-2.5 mil faces scenes, but speed of CPU-only mode reasonable (up to 300kC/s on sum of 8 cores).

Hello pomotom, nice catch on swithing to bounding box mode, that really helps keeping Studio interface responsive!
    Great result on the render too, I like the styling you've done on this one!
    Thanks, but it's BrianHair preset :)

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wait...is this the Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur thingy I saw...or another hair maker???

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Wait...is this the Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur thingy I saw...or another hair maker???

No, this is "Look at my Hair." The original, and only currently released hair and fur plugin for DazStudio.

Available in the Store since just before Christmas.

Kendall

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, this is "Look at my Hair." The original, and only currently released hair and fur plugin for DazStudio.

Kendall

That's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is if it's the same program plug-in or what?
    edited December 1969

Kendall

That's not what I'm asking. What I'm asking is if it's the same program plug-in or what?

No. Different plugin.

Kendall

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Question: will the free player need activation too?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Nope, it won't need activation! :D

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Do you want to activate it? :-)

Kendall

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thank goodness. No activation. I only like to activate things that activate me! :P

edited December 1969

Two awesome renders done by Kees (another artist that doesn't post here regularly). These "Tigers in winter", furred in LAMH and rendered in Lux/Reality are truly awesome IMO.

tigers_in_winter02_by_grassie73-d5vpjrw.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 90K
    tigers_in_winter_by_grassie73-d5vkgn3.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 94K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thank goodness. No activation. I only like to activate things that activate me! :P

LOL Richard, that sounds like a subliminal message.

edited December 1969

Deskridge that is AWESOME!!
    Midnight stories, what IS it???

and now for one of my own, another anime hair style, with a preset as well!! :D The hair tail will load straight down and will need to be pulled to either side to pose it. It's so simple to do though!
    This hair style took me about 20-30 minutes. :D

Do you like it?

Thanks Alia for sharing this awesome preset of yours.
    Hey folks, here it comes:

http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/KHairHitomiV4.zip

As Alia instructed: "Here's the preset! Hair tail is in a default "down" straight position. It is easily pulled and dragged and made longer or shorter to style it for motion. I may make preset poses for player users in the future....
    It's made to fit a Genesis figure with shape: Hitomi: 100% and V4: 30% it works well with Hitomi, and Aiko, and seems okay wih Toon Amy and Jasmine, not with extreme head shape like Mavka."

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Don't look into my eyes.... you will start to feel funny!! :P

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Don't look into my eyes.... you will start to feel funny!! :P

Trussssssstttttttt.... in meeeeeeee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ILPl5FQaM

Kendall

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Alessandro, thanks for this truly awesome plugin. The presets are extremely helpful too. Here's my first try using the Mil Cat preset, rendered in Octane. Any advice for importing the obj into Vue? Vue appears to be stopping about 1/4 the way through the import, but it could be that it just takes a really long time and I'm not being patient.

catandbird.jpg
    768 x 1200 - 672K
    edited December 1969

dievans said:
    Alessandro, thanks for this truly awesome plugin. The presets are extremely helpful too. Here's my first try using the Mil Cat preset, rendered in Octane. Any advice for importing the obj into Vue? Vue appears to be stopping about 1/4 the way through the import, but it could be that it just takes a really long time and I'm not being patient.

Hi dievans, thanks to you for supporting Look at my Hair: I'm glad you are enjoying using it.
    The composition you did is truly remarkable, and besides the exceptional lighting, the way you have designed and placed all the models is just outstanding.
    What size is the OBJ you are trying to import in Vue? Luca, who designs mostly furred dinosaurs using LAMH+Vue, has been able to import even 3 OBJ of 1GB each; IIRC, loading time took about 30 minutes.
    Besides loading, you might want to switch on the Vue option "Limit polygons" to about 200000, and/or display objects and bounding boxes, so that Vue interface is responsive.
    Let me know about the OBJ file size, and eventually, in case of short fur critters, try to export with complexity set at 50%, which shouldn't affect quality too much and create smaller files...

edited December 1969

Soon to come in the FREE LAMH Player and LAMH 1.1 update... the Human Hair Shader will bring more realistic lighting on your human models!

SS_vs._HS_.jpg
    412 x 596 - 55K
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

Soon to come in the FREE LAMH Player and LAMH 1.1 update... the Human Hair Shader will bring more realistic lighting on your human models!

wow..that looks great!
    I could have used it this morning for a hair I was making.
    The hair looked great, but I could not get it rendering as nicely as i would have liked.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

wow..that looks great!
    I could have used it this morning for a hair I was making.
    The hair looked great, but I could not get it rendering as nicely as i would have liked.

Thanks Rawn, it should be there quite soon. Unfortunately I am not very good at using lights, so I can't wait to see what you guys can achieve the the new human hair shader. You can certainly go way beyond my renders...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    edited December 1969

That does look amazingly good, probably the best I have seen yet. So with the player or the main program, a user can import that specific hairstyle and shader?