Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Any chance there will be a way to create a braid Alex?? Soft, well formed curls would be really good too.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

You can get some real interesting styles :)

Rawn

gianthair2.jpg
    669 x 744 - 175K
  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

some new cool features (that can't be disclosed yet) will be added as well in 1.1.

are you now talking about dynamics?
    then you have my full attention :P

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

some new cool features (that can't be disclosed yet) will be added as well in 1.1.

are you now talking about dynamics?
    then you have my full attention :P

Not in 1.1, but dynamics are on the menu for a later version.

Kendall

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Any chance there will be a way to create a braid Alex?? Soft, well formed curls would be really good too.

Hi Richard, we have a brand new tool in the works that will be able to create braids, and one for spiral curves as well. I hope Kendall doesn't see this post of mine or he will shoot me. Mouth sealed again now... :)

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

That's interesting Rawn! :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Is that the finger-in-a-light-socket style, or stepped-on-a-stinging-jellyfish? :bug: ;-)
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Hi Richard, we have a brand new tool in the works that will be able to create braids, and one for spiral curves as well. I hope Kendall doesn't see this post of mine or he will shoot me. Mouth sealed again now... :)

*does back flips* WOW.... Love love love! :wow:

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

*does back flips* WOW.... Love love love! :wow:
    Hallelujah!

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Does anyone have some tips on good rendering settings for this? I'm using the DS4 defaults and right now a lot of sections of hair tend to turn out like fluffy marshmallow fuzz with little definition instead of having strands and highlights.

A lot of it is just testing hair size and count.... if i go overboard and make too MUCH hair, it looses detail. not enough hair, or too thin, it looses detail.

And lighting is very important to give it detail- without light and shadow, UE lights especially, to show off the hair...

I like using shaders on the hair. I made a few custom hair presets just for my use in LAMH.
    Thanks very much. I fiddled around with the count and that's been helping a lot.

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited February 2013

Here is my contribution to the LAMH discussions. This is a LAMH hair used as a 3D toons/anime: this is a shout-out to my eternal hair rival, Belovedalia. I'll out-hair you someday! >:)

Alexa ;)

Tina-idol.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

haha Alexa, what's yoru favorite anime hair style?
    nice one!

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited February 2013

haha Alexa, what's yoru favorite anime hair style?
    nice one!

Well, I seem to gravitate towards anime girls with ponytails... for example: I love Teletha Testarossa's and Kaname Chidori's hair (Full Metal Panic!); and Kurumi and Karinka from "Steel Angel Kurumi". I also liked Misaki Suzuhara's hair from "Angelic Layer".

As for male hair styles... they're rather limited, but I did particularly like Ayumu's hair from "Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning"; and Louie from "Rune Soldier".

Alexa ;)

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited February 2013

Please.... Stop the slow drip torture AND RELEASE 1.1 already!!!!! >:-( :blank: :shut: :cheese:

Post edited by willowfan on
    edited February 2013

Not 1.1 yet but indeed important news. :)

(link to freepository forum: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16934/ )

We are pleased to announce that in a few days, we'll be releasing the 1.0 version of the FREE LAMH Player
    Through a useful and simple pane you will be able to load any pre-made Look at my Hair preset or .duf scene, modify colour and shader properties, hair count, pose/shape transform and render!

Player will allow even to export to OBJ as well!

We have featured also a brand new "Human Hair Shader", which will add a higher degree of realism to your human figures.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and be sure to visit LAMH's blog at www.furrythings.com, and the FB page at: www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • edited December 1969

Using the daz cat

wall_(Medium).jpg
    768 x 1024 - 262K
    edited December 1969

deskridge said:
    Using the daz cat

Hey that's shaggy! :)

• edited December 1969

That sounds just like an awesome tool for LAMH, Alessandro.
    I must admit that I am totally in love with this plugin and for me it's the ultimate hair/fur solution for Studio. Can't wait for new updates and features being added :)

We are pleased to announce that in a few days, we'll be releasing the 1.0 version of the FREE LAMH Player
    Through a useful and simple pane you will be able to load any pre-made Look at my Hair preset or .duf scene, modify colour and shader properties, hair count, pose/shape transform and render!

We have featured also a brand new "Human Hair Shader", which will add a higher degree of realism to your human figures.

Stay tuned for more exciting news and be sure to visit LAMH's blog at www.furrythings.com, and the FB page at: www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, much appreciated! :)
    As you have new renders or images for yours don't be shy, from what I've seen you are really a talented folk! :)

I must admit that I am totally in love with this plugin and for me it's the ultimate hair/fur solution for Studio. Can't wait for new updates and features being added :)

• edited December 1969

working on something new.... will post soon.

Thanks Richard, much appreciated! :)
    As you have new renders or images for yours don't be shy, from what I've seen you are really a talented folk! :)

edited December 1969

I am no hair designer...but I made this Flattop today...and I like how it turned out.
    I will send it to Kendall and Alex to put up if anyone wants it.

Rawn

Flattop-1.jpg
    960 x 816 - 308K
    edited December 1969

Very nice model Rawm, we'd definitely love to add it to our preset library! :)

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I am no hair designer...but I made this Flattop today...and I like how it turned out.

Rawn

It is really very nice! I would like to get it.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

The Raw-style hair? :lol:

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Rawn

Here comes the excellent "Flat Top" hair preset that RawArt kindly shared: http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/Raw_Flattop.zip

Thanks Rawn, much appreciated and keep up the great work! :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

Free to LAMH customers or the general public, just wondering.

edited December 1969

Free to LAMH customers or the general public, just wondering.

FREE to ALL Studio users :)

edited December 1969

Don't you think that will hurt your sales? Most in this community are plug and play users, so if they can just d/l presets then they will be happy with that and never purchase the program like I did.

edited December 1969

Don't you think that will hurt your sales? Most in this community are plug and play users, so if they can just d/l presets then they will be happy with that and never purchase the program like I did.

No...more than likely it will open up the market more.
    The player will allow the rendering of the preset, but not much more....when people want the added functionality of the full set, then the sales will come.

I think its a great idea.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

No...more than likely it will open up the market more.
    The player will allow the rendering of the preset, but not much more....when people want the added functionality of the full set, then the sales will come.

I think its a great idea.

I have to disagree and think just the opposite as there is a learning curve for the program and from what I have seen in this community, many don't want to deal with it and settle for what end result they can get, hence just the preset part. I think many will bypass the program and just wait for any presets the few owners of the program release. I would love to be proven wrong as I think it is a great program and want you guys to do very well with it.

I am looking forward to the 1.1 version, been playing with it more lately and love what I feel i can achieve with it once I get a better grasp on it.