Render thread? ... well let's start another one!

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Was certain one had started so if the mods know where it is, feel free to merge/edit this into it.

And maybe let me know where it went to lol ...

Wanted to show what a beautiful effect the shaders from the Supersuit have on some of the very old models.

Remember this camel?
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/camel

"Would you believe?"
same camel :-)

- with the leather suede umber fur shader from Supersuit

Other items are the light set from Enticing Ladies as well as from the Worldbase set; Quilts and Calicos was used on the Camel's Cover [fur trim is another Supersuit shader] and the background is of course, the Desert scene for the Worldbase and a cute set of butterflies.

wouldyoubelieve.png
800 x 800 - 711K

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A weakness of mine has always being that I've used very few figures within a scene. So I tried to spice things up and use some of those low-rez figures mixed with regular M4's and a couple of M5's:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8163846511/in/photostream

8163846511_0b7d804712_c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 350K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wow! Love the camel, looks amazing with those shaders :)

OMG Norse!!! I want! :cheese: Where'd you get that ring man? That render is fantastic :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

OMG Norse!!! I want! :cheese: Where'd you get that ring man? That render is fantastic :)

Flipmode made it and you can get it here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fm-fight-club

I plan on getting more folks in there in a second render, but I'm creating those said folks for the time being. The goal is to get a thick crowd there. The drawback is to make several renders and compose them in Photoshop, due to the limitations on my 3D computer. Not sure how much time it'll take though... ;-)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Flipmode made it and you can get it here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fm-fight-club

I plan on getting more folks in there in a second render, but I'm creating those said folks for the time being. The goal is to get a thick crowd there. The drawback is to make several renders and compose them in Photoshop, due to the limitations on my 3D computer. Not sure how much time it'll take though... ;-)

Depending on the amount of props, if all the characters are high res, and lighting... My limit to a scene with buildings and decent lighting and fully dressed characters at high res is roughly 6x Genesis. To create a crowd of which you refer to, would crash my computer really quickly. :(

Thanks for the link man!

edited December 1969

NP. The 'trick' is to compose the image and render masks for the figures. Doesn't help much with raytraced reflections (as in the foreground of my picture), but I managed to brush in reflections within a mask in Photoshop, and it looked a lot more natural.

edited December 1969

NP. The 'trick' is to compose the image and render masks for the figures. Doesn't help much with raytraced reflections (as in the foreground of my picture), but I managed to brush in reflections within a mask in Photoshop, and it looked a lot more natural.

In this render how many people did you render at a time? There are way too many people in there that Daz could handle on my PC

edited December 1969

Basically 3 renders; first with the two M5-fighters and the 4 M4's close to the ring on the right and left side closest to the camera, one render with the 3 M4's at the bottom of the picture, and one last render with loads of low-rex Lorenzo's (they don't take much space) on the further sides of the ring (16 figures).

edited December 1969

That's clever. I have not used the Low res Lorenzo's I'd say they'd do wonders for you to build a huge crowd of spectators that you mentioned you wanted to do.

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Well here's s check render I did when preparing a much bigger scene; Reby Sky wielding a sword, dressed in the V4 Fantasy Ranger outfit from Xurge3D. It was rendered in Bryce.

V4-Ranger-Comp.jpg
    1200 x 892 - 281K
    edited November 2012

Here's the full scene with that Reby Ranger in, the image is entitled "Team-work"; I posted this in the old forums so some people may have seen it. There were 2,936,410 polygons in the Bryce scene file and I rendered it in one go. Bryce is much more economical with memory than other applications as long as you don't use the DAZ Studio bridge, so you can assemble complex scenes that would crash Poser or DAZ Studio. Bryce tends to produce better lighting for indoor scenes and fires than the built in render options for Studio or Poser as well as the other advantages.

Teamwork.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 741K
    Post edited by Fire Angel on
    edited November 2012

Here's a closer view of a part of the "Team-work" image, viewing that sorceress spraying fire:

Teamwork-Clip1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 315K
    Post edited by Fire Angel on
    edited December 1969

And the final member of the image flood, that M4 ranger over on the left of the Team-work image, rendered separately as a test while I was assembling the scene.

M4-Ranger-Comp.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 460K
    edited December 1969

I have that M4 Ranger clothing from Xurge too. Nice composition!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

Here's the full scene with that Reby Ranger in, the image is entitled "Team-work"; I posted this in the old forums so some people may have seen it. There were 2,936,410 polygons in the Bryce scene file and I rendered it in one go. Bryce is much more economical with memory than other applications as long as you don't use the DAZ Studio bridge, so you can assemble complex scenes that would crash Poser or DAZ Studio. Bryce tends to produce better lighting for indoor scenes and fires than the built in render options for Studio or Poser as well as the other advantages.

...while rendering in Bryce can be glacially slow, (especially when using volumetrics or IBL) I have never had it crash while rendering on my old 32 bit notebook. It also runs a bit cooler than Poser and especially Daz Studio.

The only time I had the app crash was when using the Daz Studio Bridge.

The big trick for me is getting pre-posed figures into Bryce without using the bridge.

This old scene used a lot of reflectivity and IBL which would normally choke 3Delight on my machine. I did use the Daz bridge (back in the Studio 2.3 days) to import Aikobot, but everything else was set up in Bryce 6.1. Prior to Studio 3.x, the bridge seemed a lot more stable.

New_for_2253_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 318K
    edited December 1969

Bryce rendering can be slow if you use some of the more recently added rendering features, though personally I just don't. You can produce superb renders without them and I think it's much easier to get decent lighting for many scenes in Bryce than it is in Poser or DAZ Studio. About the only new features I tend to use are the multi-core rendering in Bryce 7 Pro, and sometimes the volumetric clouds which can look incredibly good. The Team-work image was rendered in Bryce 7 Pro.

Sadly I have to report that I was never able to assemble Team-work in Bryce 7 Pro, only render it. Bryce 7 crashes on any attempt to even save the file, so I built in in Bryce 5.01, then each time I rendered I loaded it in Bryce 7, tweaked the fire materials and then rendered it and saved the image. This still saved time as Bryce 7 uses all four cores on my Mac, but it is tragic that I cannot even save a complex scene without it crashing, never mind assemble such a scene in it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...I wonder if that would work setting up in Bryce 6.1 first.

edited December 1969

I tried, but Bryce 6.3 is no better. I've had every version of Bryce from 3.1 onwards, and 3.1, 4.01 and 5.01 were all pretty solid. Yes, they all have bugs, but no show-stoppers. From Bryce 5.5 onwards the stability has been poor; Bryce 5.5 now crashes on startup and so can't be used for anything, because I have a later version of DAZ Studio than the one it is looking for; the great curse of the DAZ Studio Bridge strikes again. Bryce 6.3 was never stable enough for anything much and Bryce 7 Pro can only be used for rendering or for building relatively simple scenes. So it's pretty obvious what the problem is; the DAZ produced versions are the ones that give trouble, those produced before DAZ owned the application are all fine.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Some Luxrenders Face Genned character (click on link to see large file) Walter Bishop

8170650508_a79040a718_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 116K