Here’s a set of one-click age and decay effects you can use on everything in your scene. It’s Rust-Icator. Using special Poser Python scripts called from .pz2 files in your pose library.
With Rust-Icator you can age pristine buildings, decay brand new props, rust metals and create instant mold growth on walls. No more having to buy whole new scenes and props just to get that grungy effect. It puts the power of Chronos in your hands. This hybrid shader will apply transparently over any surface without replacing your existing textures. There’s even bump and displacement added for extra realism. Presets include black and green mold, cracked rust, diffuse rust, runny rust, rust specks and large rust. The product includes incredibly detailed textures to rust any surface in a manner good enough for close up renders. Your textures will still be visible as you stack layers of different kinds of rust on top of it. Rust-Icator uses Poser Python scripting to make shaders behave in ways you never dreamed possible.
A set of next-generation Shaders for Poser, Rust-Icator marries the quality of custom texture maps and the convenience and flexibility of shaders.
These hybrid shaders have the following properties:
- They can be applied to ANY surface – human skin, clothes, props, hair – like any other shader.
- Existing texture maps will not be replaced. The shaders incorporate math nodes so the original texture is still visible beneath them.
- Existing maps will not be replaced, but will be layered over.
- Bump, displacement and specularity is included where appropriate.
- They can be layered over existing shaders.
- You can assign the shader to any and all material zones from selecting the material zone from a popup window.
This shader, and others like it, have the ability to change the way you render, put easy continuity within your reach and substantially reduce the amount of post work needed to attain rusted and aged effects.