Instantly rip, tear, ladder and split any surface with the new Rag-Erator shader that uses high resolution texture maps, displacement maps and Poser Python scripting to easily achieve effects within Poser you never dreamed of. Your textures will be maintained and any existing maps protected as you stack layers of different kinds of effects onto your surface. There are scripts for Rips and Tears in two sizes so you can reproduce in your renders the effects of stress, age and wear on woven textiles. For stockings and other knitted fabrics there are Rips and Ladders in two sizes and there are several versions of splits and cracks for leathers, vinyls and similar materials. Rag-Erator also includes an exquisite, translucent torn muslin shader and net shader with holes that’s great for stockings and T-shirts.
Rag-Erator uses special Poser Python scripting called from .pz2 files in you pose library to make transmaps into a new breed of layered shaders.
- These hybrid shades have the following properties:
- They can be applied to ANY surface – human skin, clothes, props, hair – like any other shader.
- Existing texture maps will not be replaced. The shaders incorporate math nodes so the original texture is still visible beneath them.
- Existing maps will not be replaced, but will be layered over.
- Bump, displacement and specularity is included where appropriate.
- They can be layered over existing textures.
- You can assign the shader to any and all material zones from selecting the material zone from a popup window.
This shader, and others like it, have the potential to change the way you render, put easy continuity within your reach and substantially reduce the amount of post work needed to attain ragged, torn, split, cracked and other textile stress and age effects.