Instantly rip, tear, ladder and split any surface with the new Rag-Erator shader that uses high resolution transparency maps, displacement maps and special scripting to achieve affects within DAZ Studio that were previously impossible. Your textures will be maintained and any existing transparency maps protected as you stack layers of different kinds of transparency effects onto your surface. There are presets for Rips and Tears in two sizes so you can reproduce in your renders the effects of stress, age and wear on woven textiles. For stockings and other knitted fabrics there are Rips and Ladders in two sizes and there are several versions of splits and cracks for leathers, vinyls and similar materials. Rag-Erator also includes an exquisite, translucent torn muslin shader and net shader with holes that’s great for stockings and T-shirts.
Rag-Erator uses special scripting to make transmaps into a new breed of layered shaders.
These next-generation Shaders for DAZ Studio 2 and 3 marry the quality of custom texture maps, the convenience and flexibility of shaders and the texture layering ability of DAZ Studio with the versatility of the Layered Image Editor.
These hybrid shaders have the following properties:
- They can be applied to ANY surface – human skin, clothes, props, hair – like any other shader.
- Existing texture maps will not be replaced. The shaders incorporate transparency so the original texture is still visible beneath them.
- Existing transparency maps will not be replaced, but will be layered over.
- Bump, displacement and specularity is included where appropriate.
- They can be layered over existing shaders and over and among any presets created with the LIE, including any in this set.
- You can select the surface, open it in the LIE and adjust color, transparency, position and any other normal LIE option.
This shader, and others like it, have the potential to change the way you render, put easy continuity within your reach and substantially reduce the amount of post work needed to attain ragged, torn, split, cracked and other textile stress and age effects.