|What's Included & Features
|Features new to version 3.6:
Features that can only be found in the Studio edition of Genetica:
- Create amazing text effects directly within Genetica.
- Significant workflow improvements make this the easiest Genetica ever (see video).
- Create incredible animated textures and effects. Animations will loop in addition to be seamlessly tiling.
- Enjoy a large number of animation presets, including energy effects, fire, liquids, tech, and transitions. All presets can be modified or used as-is in your projects.
- Use photographs to quickly create the most realistic seamless textures. Use your own photos or the included library of over a thousand royalty-free high-resolution texture photos.
- All graphical elements can be visually rearranged, with no change being permanent. Results are resolution independent and automatically seamless.
- Create awesome designs with a full suite of drawing tools. Genetica will take care of making your drawings seamless.
- Achieve realism in seconds by applying sophisticated styles to your designs.
- Genetica combines the flexibility of its node-based system with a set of powerful Lab Nodes that automate tricky effects like peeling paint, cloth, rust, and more.
- Genetica simulates environmental reflections, global illumination, shadows, ambient occlusion, and more, in order to give you the most realistic surfaces possible.
- The number of preset textures, styles, and environment maps is now in the thousands. These royalty-free resources can be edited or used as-is in your projects.
- Genetica will generate effect maps that can be used in any of the channels supported by your 3D environment, such as bump, specular, reflection, luminance, and others.
- Create custom HDRI environment maps for use both within Genetica and your external 3D environment.
- Enjoy fully-integrated normal map generation. Like any of the other effect maps created in Genetica, normal maps are automatically seamless and can be re-rendered at any desired resolution.
- The Hair node and Fiber Lab allow artists to quickly create a wide range of fully-seamless fibrous materials from animal fur to fuzzy cloth.
- The batch processor will allow you to automate a variety of repetitive tasks, such as applying the same effect to a number of textures, or automatically rendering large numbers of textures.
- Export images from Genetica in formats supporting high dynamic ranges and ultra-high color precision.
- Render textures up to a resolution of 6000 x 6000.