Digital Art Zone

Puddles
Posted: 18 October 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-08-19

I just purchased Tin Pan Alley and I noticed puddles in the sample image: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=tin+pan+alley&x=0&y=0.

Is that something I need to add in as an extra prop/effect? Because my version doesn’t have puddles.

Also, I see there is an extra trash can in the sample than what is in my version. Do I have to get something like Trash Stash in order to add trash cans? Tin Pan Alley seems to be a complete prop where nodes can be deleted but not added.

Posted: 18 October 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2734
Joined  2004-10-25

I don’t have that particular set, but i wonder whether that’s just a texture for the ground.  It’s possible there are two, one dry and one after a rainy day.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 18 October 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2003-10-09

As far as adding a new Trashcan, are you using DS4.5?  It now makes it easy to save a parts of a scene, such as a Trashcan to your Content Library, then you can add additional trashcans to the scene.  I can post the steps if you want to give it a try.  If you’re using Poser, then I can’t help you.

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2734
Joined  2004-10-25
Lindsey - 18 October 2012 09:23 PM

As far as adding a new Trashcan, are you using DS4.5?  It now makes it easy to save a parts of a scene, such as a Trashcan to your Content Library, then you can add additional trashcans to the scene.  I can post the steps if you want to give it a try.  If you’re using Poser, then I can’t help you.

That’s interesting option.  I’ll have to keep that in mind.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 19 October 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-08-19

There is no way that I can see to add a trash can by itself, or a way to change the surface from dry to rainy. There are only 3 selections in the content library: scene, lights, and cameras. I would really like to insert some puddles and trash cans to add interest if anyone knows how I can do that.

It’s really frustrating when you see an example and once you purchase the item, you find out some of the effects you thought were part of the package, aren’t.

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2012-08-19

Thank you Lindsey and Miss B! How do you add a trash can to the content library? I’m using version 4.5.

Posted: 19 October 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2012-09-24

There is a puddle available for free on ShareCG by Trekkiegrrrl. It is a poser prop, but I have gotten it to work in DAZ Studio. You will have to adjust the transparency and reflectivity to make it look like water. It will take some fiddling and adjustment to get it right.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery

Renderosity Gallery

Deviant Art Gallery

My Art Studio Thread

Posted: 19 October 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12

Fisty has made a good puddle in her free liquid shaders, which you can find here.  Just resize the puddle, apply the shader, and you’re set to go.

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
sikeus - 19 October 2012 01:53 PM

Fisty has made a good puddle in her free liquid shaders, which you can find here.  Just resize the puddle, apply the shader, and you’re set to go.

The link posted is broken…

Here’s the working link
http://blackraven3d.com/sponsored/fisty/freebies/

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 19 October 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

I have this set, it does not come with the Wet look or Puddles that was to show what can be done when it’s in your hands. As for the trash cans do this, pick the one you wish to add to your scene, Right click it in your Scene Tab and UnParent it. You can then move it to any part of the scene you like. If you want two of the same one, unpartent it, then delete all but that one item. Save that as a new Scene File, then use the Merge option to add it to the full set and put it where you want it. The full set except for a few things can be done this way.

I hope this helps you.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt