Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 19 January 2013 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 961 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4922
Joined  2009-02-26
futurebiscuit - 19 January 2013 11:17 AM
Spyro - 19 January 2013 10:17 AM
I'm having a silly issue with the GH viewport... And I have no Idea why or how this happened. I closed it and even restarted Daz, but it's not fixing it...

Thats a weird one. The user interface elements are not ment to be allowed to exceed the width given. The only thing i can think of is have you used a texture control map with a particularly long name in one of that workspace settings?
I'll double check the user interface code for the next Beta to check everything is set up correctly.

The names used were:
V5 EyeBrows Kiesha Distribution
V5 EyeBrows Kiesha Distribution Invert

That could be the issue... They were imported textures. Named as such, because I have a vast amount of GH textures lol
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 19 January 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 962 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Eustace Scrubb - 17 January 2013 03:11 PM
Our generous and intrepid FutureBiscuit commented about the lack of feedback relative to the download numbers: I for my part haven't even gotten G-Ex open since um, Beta 6 or so. It's been busy, with Christmas, a wife and toddlers!

One of the main unexpected things about Garibaldi is seeing it as a social experiment. I only get a small fraction of feedback from people who download every version as it comes out, which is strange as I know there issues with Garibaldi especially in the earlier versions.
But one of the most surprising things is even though I allow these test versions of Garibaldi to be downloaded for free, it has been made available through 'non official' channels which I find very Bizarre.

Posted: 19 January 2013 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 963 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Spyro - 19 January 2013 11:27 AM
That could be the issue... They were imported textures. Named as such, because I have a vast amount of GH textures lol

I've just checked and it is the issue. Even if the texture name is not used the popup texture selection menus expand to be as wide as the longest texture name.
I don't understand why this is the behaviour in QT... another thing for the list...

Posted: 19 January 2013 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 964 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
futurebiscuit - 19 January 2013 11:38 AM

I've just checked and it is the issue. Even if the texture name is not used the popup texture selection menus expand to be as wide as the longest texture name.
I don't understand why this is the behaviour in QT... another thing for the list...

I think it's because there isn't scrolling in the text boxes...at least by default. I'm not much of a QT programmer (heck, not much of any kind, any more), but I think you need to define them in a different way to get them to do actual width or scroll...
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 965 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
futurebiscuit - 19 January 2013 11:38 AM

So temporarily, until such time as the issue is resolved, Should I be using short names for the folders of textures I import to GH?

Yep, tried it, works fine as expected smile (And I was able to recover my work that had the issue by deleting the long named imported images, and importing new shorten named ones)
[ Edited: 19 January 2013 12:44 PM by SpyroRue ]
 Signature 

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 966 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2007-07-10
futurebiscuit i have donre wat u sugested wat u said to do on the global part and its still the same nice name by the way also u lost me on the first part tlking ab ot the graphics card lol all to tech for me so im stuck at the mo on wat to do

Posted: 19 January 2013 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 967 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Something different smile

I had a fare bit of trouble with the auto parting on this hairsyle... particularly with the ears and the crown. (Crown was edited on this render). Despite my efforts in the styling, I could not get rid of the unwanted sticking up hair, nor could I get the hair to not go through the ears.

By lowering the auto part even a little, instant bald patches at the crown, and clump and scraggle did nothing to help it. I read here that people seem to use "Reduce Auto part" with ease. Every attempt I've made to reduce on my hairstyles, goes wrong. (I never reduced below 100, but if it's not the top default value, it ends up balding the hair) I dont know what I'm doing wrong. hmmm

Anyways, the render... LOL! tongue laugh
Image Attachments
GHair_Renders_Working_Kiesha1.png
 Signature 

Posted: 20 January 2013 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 968 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2007-11-26
I have spent the weekend reworking my unicorn image... It is not so dark now and I am much happier with the hair.

4 GH nodes in all. 3 on the horse and 1 for the red hair.

Image Attachments
GHUncorn12s.jpg
 Signature 

Please check out my new art gallery below
A New York based fine art gallery where I am showing a collection of my work

http://www.trilliumgallery.com/maynard-ellis.html

Also checkout my FAA gallery where I have a much larger sample of my art
FAA may appeal to many artists here as they offer a great service for artists to sell prints of their work

http://maynard-ellis.fineartamerica.com

Posted: 20 January 2013 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 969 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  2006-02-20
Looks wonderful!
 Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 20 January 2013 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 970 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2003-10-09

One of the main unexpected things about Garibaldi is seeing it as a social experiment. I only get a small fraction of feedback from people who download every version as it comes out, which is strange as I know there issues with Garibaldi especially in the earlier versions.
But one of the most surprising things is even though I allow these test versions of Garibaldi to be downloaded for free, it has been made available through 'non official' channels which I find very Bizarre.

I have sort of stopped downloading them but I want to use it. I am just in the middle of a big project and I don't have time to test it properly. But I really want to use it and I will do so, once I am done with this thing. smile

Posted: 20 January 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 971 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  0
More hair.
Image Attachments
Messy.jpg

Posted: 20 January 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 972 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-03-21
Hi!
I finally instaled GH 12 and it worked ok! No problem so far! (but i didn´t render it with lights yet)
I watched the video on the site and it´s not so dificult as I though. =)
But really requires some practice to do a nice hair. I´m a little impatient girl. raspberry And i ´m lost.
It´s possible someone to do a simply ,small and quick tutorial about how to make a short hair? Or any tips?
For now I gave up on long hair, but I still want to try to make short hair and fur.
I can´t make nothing right. *sniff*
And the hair insists on going through the head ( I don´t know if you understood what I'm saying), as if they don´t collide ...
But I think this is because I don´t know what I´m doing.. so ... help. raspberry
 Signature 

My DeviantArt: http://0snow-white0.deviantart.com/
Daz Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/430/

Posted: 20 January 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 973 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  0
Alfinin - 20 January 2013 08:49 PM
Hi!
I finally instaled GH 12 and it worked ok! No problem so far! (but i didn´t render it with lights yet)
I watched the video on the site and it´s not so dificult as I though. =)
But really requires some practice to do a nice hair. I´m a little impatient girl. raspberry And i ´m lost.
It´s possible someone to do a simply ,small and quick tutorial about how to make a short hair? Or any tips?
For now I gave up on long hair, but I still want to try to make short hair and fur.
I can´t make nothing right. *sniff*
And the hair insists on going through the head ( I don´t know if you understood what I'm saying), as if they don´t collide ...
But I think this is because I don´t know what I´m doing.. so ... help. raspberry

There are so many things you can do and so many different approaches that I don't think there is a "simple" tutorial.

I'm going to assume you already know how to use Setup, Paint, and Distribute so for a quick and easy short hair you can do this:

In the Style workspace, select the curl tool (second row, third icon) and set it to 0.2. This will make all the hair curl outwards evenly. Then use the surface attract tool (second row, fourth icon) and slide it to the right. This will pull the hair down evenly towards the head. From there, you can experiment with the scale and extend tools (second row, first 2 icons) to change the length of all the hair guides. Play with the comb and selection tools (both on the first row) to shape the style and control selected sections without affecting all the hair guides. To avoid the tuft of hair that will result, open the Autoparting selection and change the value to 100.

When you are satisfied with the shape, go to the clump and tweak workspaces to give the hair more realism. Pay particular attention to the tweak tools.

Remember, the total hair count is controlled by the value you set in the distribution workspace (default is 10) so you get more or less hair.

You can get some good short hair results just using the curl and surface attract tools and then modifing in the clump and tweak workspaces.

Once you get comfortable with that, we can talk about what you want to do next.

Posted: 20 January 2013 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 974 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  441
Joined  2010-02-10
Hi using beta 12, Mac 64bit

Did a little more testing today and everything I used seemed to be stable and working great.

I have attached a Mohawk hair style.

[ Edited: 21 January 2013 12:33 AM by Razor 42 ]
Image Attachments
Mohawk.jpg
 Signature 

Razor42 - DESIGN ANVIL

DESIGN ANVIL DAZ STORE  •  GALLERY  •  DESIGN ANVIL ON FACEHOOK

Posted: 20 January 2013 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 975 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-03-21
Gone - 20 January 2013 10:55 PM

There are so many things you can do and so many different approaches that I don't think there is a "simple" tutorial.

I'm going to assume you already know how to use Setup, Paint, and Distribute so for a quick and easy short hair you can do this:

In the Style workspace, select the curl tool (second row, third icon) and set it to 0.2. This will make all the hair curl outwards evenly. Then use the surface attract tool (second row, fourth icon) and slide it to the right. This will pull the hair down evenly towards the head. From there, you can experiment with the scale and extend tools (second row, first 2 icons) to change the length of all the hair guides. Play with the comb and selection tools (both on the first row) to shape the style and control selected sections without affecting all the hair guides. To avoid the tuft of hair that will result, open the Autoparting selection and change the value to 100.

When you are satisfied with the shape, go to the clump and tweak workspaces to give the hair more realism. Pay particular attention to the tweak tools.

Remember, the total hair count is controlled by the value you set in the distribution workspace (default is 10) so you get more or less hair.

You can get some good short hair results just using the curl and surface attract tools and then modifing in the clump and tweak workspaces.

Once you get comfortable with that, we can talk about what you want to do next.

Thank you very much!! =)
I´ll try again tomorrow because it´s very late here.
Good night, world! smile
 Signature 

My DeviantArt: http://0snow-white0.deviantart.com/
Daz Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/430/

65 of 77