Digital Art Zone

53 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 03 January 2013 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 781 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2005-04-06
If anyone wants some inspiration, check out this hair styles site. http://www.hairfinder.com/hair_imaging.htm It is interactive and you can set some nice options.

Nevermind they want to charge for full access. :(
[ Edited: 03 January 2013 02:01 AM by Wiccan1 ]
 Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 03 January 2013 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 782 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-06
I did this using v11. It is my second hair test. It is a single node. I was going for a shorter gypsy look. I created it in sections, but in a single session. I am getting better with the comb, I think. I did nothing with texture, just toned down the default.

Click for larger.

Image Attachments
Short_Hair_1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 783 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  0
Jumping for joy.
Image Attachments
JoyJump.jpg

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 784 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4852
Joined  2009-02-26
Another hairstyle, thought I'd give an older business class gentleman a go. It was rather interesting balancing hair colour with grey. I used a lot more salt and pepper than I have in previous works. Also re-worked my custom base male hair density texture to include hair recede and lowered the usual hair count to accommodate it.
Image Attachments
GHair_Renders_Working_Issacs.jpg
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 785 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Wiccan1 - 03 January 2013 03:53 AM
I did this using v11. It is my second hair test. It is a single node. I was going for a shorter gypsy look. I created it in sections, but in a single session. I am getting better with the comb, I think. I did nothing with texture, just toned down the default.

Click for larger.

Lookin good, she got a Natalie Portman look about her smile Colourings fun to do, just lots of rendering to get it right. Well done smile

And nice work Gone, the hair flows very nicely with the motion in your render cheese
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 786 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2005-03-07
Will there be a PC version in the future? And will this become available for Poser as well?
Looks really amazing.

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 787 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
76claudia2205 - 03 January 2013 09:45 AM
Will there be a PC version in the future? And will this become available for Poser as well?
Looks really amazing.

If by PC you mean Windows then it already works with both Windows and Mac.

As for Poser, that would be no. This system is exploiting a feature of the Renderman render engine that DS uses. Poser does not use the Renderman engine - but it does have a hair room for making hair.

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 788 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Spyro - 03 January 2013 08:46 AM

And nice work Gone, the hair flows very nicely with the motion in your render cheese

Thanks but your hair is really starting to show off this product beautifully.

I may have to go away and sulk for a while. angry

Posted: 03 January 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 789 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-06
Thanks Spyro, I appreciate the comment! smile

Now if you could point out where to find the answer on how to use textures, and where to find a UV map to color your own... ? All in a nice easy to understand post???? Pretty please?

*crosses fingers* (which does make it hard to type!)
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 790 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4056
Joined  2011-11-25
Wow! This plugin is great. I have already successfully given millenium cat some hair. I love this- so easy even I.... A complete noob can use it. Thanks.

Posted: 03 January 2013 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 791 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Well done Serene smile Make sure you post some pics as you create, we'd love to see your works cheese

@Gone - Lets not forget you were one of the guys that helped me make progress with short hair, and your stuff looks excellent man! and thanks for your kind words smile

@Wiccan -
I have not yet used colour maps, but I intend to soon.

I've been using the hair colour in Distribute tab, the base hair is 'slightly' darker than the tip. Salt and pepper I generally set minimum to Zero and maximum to 100-200, depending on what effect im after.

In DS, with the hair selected, I go into the surfaces tab and add colour and darken the RColour (Primary Specular) and TRT Colour (Secondary Specular), this assists the hair colour and corrects the grey appearance of the hair that occurs with darker Garibaldi hair. You can also reduce the Specular strength 'TRT Intensity' and 'R Intensity'.

By the looks of peoples work that uses colour maps, I'm assuming it's the figures Diffuse texture bieng used. MangeyD has been using that feature notably on the recent tiger. I think the Dif texture may need to be resized to 1024x1024 pixels and saved as a PNG so that it works with Garibaldi possibly. Mangey will be able to explain I'm sure smile
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 792 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-10-21
I can't believe I haven't heard of this plug-in before. Played a bit with it and I think it's very good. Stable and easy to use. Finally a great solution for realistic hair in Daz Studio. Can't wait to grab the final version (if I can afford it at all).

PS Does anybody know how to create fluff layer?
Image Attachments
GB_test_01.jpg

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 793 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-06
Spyro - 03 January 2013 09:25 PM
Well done Serene smile Make sure you post some pics as you create, we'd love to see your works cheese

@Gone - Lets not forget you were one of the guys that helped me make progress with short hair, and your stuff looks excellent man! and thanks for your kind words smile

@Wiccan -
I have not yet used colour maps, but I intend to soon.

I've been using the hair colour in Distribute tab, the base hair is 'slightly' darker than the tip. Salt and pepper I generally set minimum to Zero and maximum to 100-200, depending on what effect im after.

In DS, with the hair selected, I go into the surfaces tab and add colour and darken the RColour (Primary Specular) and TRT Colour (Secondary Specular), this assists the hair colour and corrects the grey appearance of the hair that occurs with darker Garibaldi hair. You can also reduce the Specular strength 'TRT Intensity' and 'R Intensity'.

By the looks of peoples work that uses colour maps, I'm assuming it's the figures Diffuse texture bieng used. MangeyD has been using that feature notably on the recent tiger. I think the Dif texture may need to be resized to 1024x1024 pixels and saved as a PNG so that it works with Garibaldi possibly. Mangey will be able to explain I'm sure smile

Bless you, I appreciate the info!

Maybe MangeyDesigner will type up a cheat sheet for us?
smile
[ Edited: 03 January 2013 10:22 PM by Wiccan1 ]
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 794 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
That would be pretty good I agree smile

@Yannek - Well done man, that looks really good, nice use of the clumping. - By fluff, are you talking about Frizz? Scraggle can also fluff it up. Frizz and Scraggle are in the tweak tab.
 Signature 

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 795 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-10-21
@Spyro - Thanks!

By fluff layer I mean the secondary Garibaldi hair object with the same styling, hair density map etc. so I could use different hair root and tip radius, clumping, tweaks etc. like in the sample scenes form the developer.

EDIT - Ok, I managed to add another layer of hair with the same styling by saving the scene, merging it, deleting unwanted elements and reparenting the merged hair to the original figure.
[ Edited: 03 January 2013 11:46 PM by -Yannek- ]
Image Attachments
Przechwytywanie000.JPG

53 of 77