Digital Art Zone

49 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 29 December 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 721 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Spyro - 27 December 2012 08:14 PM
Speaking of re-installing new versions of betas every couple of weeks, does this corrupt/make un-usable our existing saved hairstyles?

So every beta version of Garibaldi Express that has been released can load all scenes made in previous Garibaldi versions.
But scenes made with newer versions are not guaranteed to work with older versions.
So for example a beta 10 .duf files can be loaded in beta 11, but a beta 11 .duf can't be loaded in beta 10.

Moving forward version 1.0 of Garibaldi will support loading any file created with the beta/RC versions of Garibaldi.

What I'm currently going to refer to as 1.1 may drop support for the very early beta version created scenes as they are requiring quite a lot of now legacy code to load.

Posted: 29 December 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 722 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  2003-10-09
This is a long thread and maybe this has been answered before but I tried to render my Garibaldi hair with Luxrender Reality and it won't show up.
 Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 723 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2007-11-26
futurebiscuit - 29 December 2012 06:34 AM
Spyro - 27 December 2012 08:14 PM
Speaking of re-installing new versions of betas every couple of weeks, does this corrupt/make un-usable our existing saved hairstyles?

So every beta version of Garibaldi Express that has been released can load all scenes made in previous Garibaldi versions.
But scenes made with newer versions are not guaranteed to work with older versions.
So for example a beta 10 .duf files can be loaded in beta 11, but a beta 11 .duf can't be loaded in beta 10.

Moving forward version 1.0 of Garibaldi will support loading any file created with the beta/RC versions of Garibaldi.

What I'm currently going to refer to as 1.1 may drop support for the very early beta version created scenes as they are requiring quite a lot of now legacy code to load.

Would there be any way to open those older created scenes in a newer release of GH and save them out so they were essentially comverted to the newer code as I liked some of my early attempts.
 Signature 

Please check out my new art gallery below
A New York based fine art gallery where I am showing a collection of my work

http://www.trilliumgallery.com/maynard-ellis.html

Also checkout my FAA gallery where I have a much larger sample of my art
FAA may appeal to many artists here as they offer a great service for artists to sell prints of their work

http://maynard-ellis.fineartamerica.com

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 724 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-26
SimonWM - 29 December 2012 07:52 AM
This is a long thread and maybe this has been answered before but I tried to render my Garibaldi hair with Luxrender Reality and it won't show up.

The hair curves created by GH can't be rendered by Lux. Someone else will probably respond and give you more detail on this I suspect.
 Signature 

FAA may appeal to many artists here as they offer a great service for artists to sell prints of their work

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 725 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Not going to happen...there is no geometry created by the plugin. So there is nothing for Lux to render.

Both hair plugins are relying on a feature of 3Delight, RiCurves. The curves are used to tell 3Delight about the hair strands, it then 'creates' the needed 'geometry' on the fly, at render time. Lux doesn't understand RiCurves, so it can't render them.
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 726 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-26
Can someone help me.

I am trying to play with the Mil Big Cat and I can't use any of its textures as maps in GH.

I have tried this with the lion and the tiger and I get the same results.

Please have a look at the screenshot to see what happens when I import the lion texture within GH (the tiger texture is exactly the same result)

any thoughts on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Image Attachments
LionScreenshot.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 727 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
mjc1016 - 29 December 2012 08:15 AM

Not going to happen...there is no geometry created by the plugin. So there is nothing for Lux to render.

Both hair plugins are relying on a feature of 3Delight, RiCurves. The curves are used to tell 3Delight about the hair strands, it then 'creates' the needed 'geometry' on the fly, at render time. Lux doesn't understand RiCurves, so it can't render them.
In LAMH you can save out as a OBJ then use it in a LUX render, the Prob is the Size of the saved file.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 728 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
MangeyDesigner - 29 December 2012 08:40 AM

I am trying to play with the Mil Big Cat and I can't use any of its textures as maps in GH.

If you're using Garibaldi before beta 11 you may need to vertically flip the texture.
Make sure the UV sets you want to use in Garibaldi are set correctly in the characters Material before you create the Garibaldi Node.

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 729 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-26
futurebiscuit - 29 December 2012 09:31 AM
MangeyDesigner - 29 December 2012 08:40 AM

If you're using Garibaldi before beta 11 you may need to vertically flip the texture.
Make sure the UV sets you want to use in Garibaldi are set correctly in the characters Material before you create the Garibaldi Node.

I am only using Beta 10 but flipping the texture vertically fixed it for me.

Does this mean all textures you want to use with GH will need to be flipped vertically or is this a bug... oh and thanks heaps for the help as I want to create a great looking animal to show how well GH can do it :D
 Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 730 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Jaderail - 29 December 2012 08:53 AM
In LAMH you can save out as a OBJ then use it in a LUX render, the Prob is the Size of the saved file.

Yeah....somewhere between 'massive' and 'gargantuan'...

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 731 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
Gone - 27 December 2012 10:25 PM
I had tried FB's save method and could never get it to save a wearable asset.

I've been told that there a bug in Daz 4.5.1.6 "...where the node properties were not writing correctly on wearable(s)." and you need to use the newer version of Daz such as the current beta.

Make sure the prop is parented inside the character node in your scene and the "Parent Geometry" parameter on the Garibaldi node is set to your character. Select the character and the Garibaldi node then select 'Wearable Preset' from the save as menu.

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 732 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
MangeyDesigner - 29 December 2012 09:41 AM
Does this mean all textures you want to use with GH will need to be flipped vertically or is this a bug...
It's a bug (kind of) in Garibaldi previous to beta 11. Some 3D packages expect the UVs flipped the other way, Garibaldi Express now comforms to the Daz way.
You probaly want to update to beta 11 soon anyway as beta 10 is set to expire tommorow...

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 733 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2010-03-01
futurebiscuit - 29 December 2012 09:58 AM
MangeyDesigner - 29 December 2012 09:41 AM
Does this mean all textures you want to use with GH will need to be flipped vertically or is this a bug...
It's a bug (kind of) in Garibaldi previous to beta 11. Some 3D packages expect the UVs flipped the other way, Garibaldi Express now comforms to the Daz way.
You probaly want to update to beta 11 soon anyway as beta 10 is set to expire tommorow...

I tried looking for the poof date and could not find it's location. Where do you find the expiration date for the beta's?

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 734 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
Gone - 28 December 2012 10:11 AM
In any case, is there a specific/preferred method for reporting?

Just send me email with the crash log attached, a brief description of what you did that caused the crash and/or any other background info would be great too.

Even if you think I might know about the issue it helpful if you could send me any crash report you get concerning garibaldi... More information makes tracking down and fixing these things a lot quicker and easier.

I've almost cleared the current backlog of issues I have been sent, so if you're having an issue it's likely I don't know about it...

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 735 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
Dollygirl - 29 December 2012 10:02 AM
I tried looking for the poof date and could not find it's location. Where do you find the expiration date for the beta's?

If you select the "About Installed Plugins..." item in the Help menu of daz when select the Garibaldi Hair System plugin from the list it should tell you in the Information panel in the window.

49 of 77