Digital Art Zone

48 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 27 December 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 706 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  553
Joined  0
Just going t throw my 2 cents in regarding a number of points made.

I had tried FB's save method and could never get it to save a wearable asset. What does work is to save as a prop, then open the prop and parent to the new character (so far the same as the provided instructions) but then go to Garibaldi and, in the setup screen, select update surfaces. This will place the hair correctly on the character and you can proceed with any pose, morph, or material changes without problem.

When saving as a prop, you can create metadata for the prop and access the hair from the smart menu - if you use it. One caveat, after you save the prop, you need to exit DS and restart before the prop will work properly with this method.

Now for a bug I've found.

If you turn on "show follicles" in the style tab and then go to another tab, when you come back to the style tab Garibaldi crashes DS to the desktop. This happens to me every time so can anyone confirm this? As long as I turn off "show follicles" before leaving the style tab then I'm fine. It's when I forget that everything goes down the crapper. mad

As for a beta forum, I really don't think that's necessary. After all, what's stopping one of the "competition" from getting on the beta team and passing along all the "secrets"? Sure, you can have NDA's but how are you going to prove it was violated? It's not like either of them is unaware of what can be accomplished.

Remember, most users do not have powerful systems so there is a very definite upper limit on what can be done without cutting out most of the potential buyers.

Personally, for what it does, I like GH better.

Posted: 28 December 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 707 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4939
Joined  2009-02-26
Yep, Gone the bug you mentioned.... I confirm it. I saved a bug report and will send it, if you havent already.
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 708 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Spyro - 28 December 2012 04:48 AM
Yep, Gone the bug you mentioned.... I confirm it. I saved a bug report and will send it, if you havent already.

When you talk about bug report, what info are you sending and where?

It's not like this is a DAZ product where you can use the bug tracker.

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 709 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Crash log/report thing I mean, it asks you if u want to save the log when Daz crashes. I was under the impression futurebiscuit wanted them to help when he's fixing the bug smile
 Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 710 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Ahh! I wasn't aware there was a general request for this sort of thing.

In any case, is there a specific/preferred method for reporting? It would be nice if there was somewhere we could see what was reported so he wouldn't get swamped with dozens of repetative reports.

It's your show FB - tell us what you need to make things easier. LOL

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 711 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
I'm getting an awful lot of crashes when using selection tool with "Mask by surfaces" switched off.

[ Edited: 28 December 2012 11:05 PM by SpyroRue ]
 Signature 

Posted: 28 December 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 712 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1349
Joined  2010-03-01
On the previous page there was talk about timing and this plug-in. For what it is worth, I think both are valuable. With Garibadi I get hair for people that I like better. For animal fur the other plug-in does a wonderful job. So for me I would buy both and I will buy both. They co-habitate quite well and as an artist having both tools in my bag of tricks is a must have. Having the two hair options is no different than having 3Delight and Firefly or Octane or Lux or any number of other tools. Yes there are people out there that will have to make a choice at least for now but I have used both and if asked I would recommend having both. I am looking forward to seeing this product further developed. Below is my attempt to make a Wizard.
Image Attachments
Wizard.jpg

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 713 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
He is wonderful smile I love your style. Beautiful colour in the hair cheese
 Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 714 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04
He's a fantastic wizard grin The twinkle in his eye is perfect.
 Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 715 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Thanks Spyro. He is 3D Universe's Rex. I just made the root 91 91 91 and the tips 255 255 255. Then went in to the surface tab and picked different greys for the specularity types. I am using Uber lights as well.

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 716 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Thanks Shaaelia. He came that way. Long time no hear. Glad to see you.

Posted: 29 December 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 717 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25
you guys now have the time to make this plugin dynamic?

take your time don't rush it out.
 Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 29 December 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 718 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2007-12-04
Hi Dollygirl grin Good to see you to. I've missed not doing as much daz as I'd like.
 Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 719 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
I've just emailed links to Garibaldi Express Beta 11 to testers.

I haven't been checking the forum or working on Garibaldi for the last few days. I've prioritising my time in other areas over the christmas period here.
Anyway I hope everybody great time over this holiday season wherever you are.

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 720 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Spyro - 24 December 2012 01:57 AM

Is the hair length in distribution supposed to affect the hair when you go into styling tab? I'm finding 'Hair length' has no effect once to progress to stying...

The 'Hair length' setting in the Distribute workspace is just for preview in that workspace.

Some things that might help you with your hair that haven't been mentioned here:
* Add a small amount of transparency to you hair by reducing the opacity in the Material applied to the node in daz. You can also use the 'S Opacity' to control the opacity of the hair shadows in deep shadow maps to make shadows less harsh. Although using opacity with hair will be slower and require more memory during rendering.
* Beta 11 fixes a issue with some interpolation issues of hair strands when using the auto parting feature.
* Reduce the the hair strand segment length in interpolation settings in Style Workspace. This will allow you obtain more detail in the tweak noise based deformers. Although reducing hair strand segment length will increase the vertices used and will be slower and require more memory during rendering.
* In Beta 11 you can reduce the style curve segment length using the 'Resample all style curves' item in the edit menu. This will let you add a lot more detail in the style curves when dealing with very short hair.

48 of 77