Digital Art Zone

32 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 22 November 2012 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 466 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02
Gone, thanks for clarifying that for me. I had some general idea what "auto parting" was for but not how to effectively use it. I'll have to try your setting to see if that tames the puffs.

Posted: 22 November 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 467 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09
Jeador - 21 November 2012 11:46 PM
Are there any tutes..preferably vids..on how to use Garibaldi? Dying to try it but not sure how to start. Thanks. Jackie

OK. Thanks a lot.

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 468 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-08-29
mjc1016 - 21 November 2012 11:55 AM
If you can import and render the samples, the plugin is working...

If it isn't showing up in the Edit or Create menus (on my system is is the last line in both Edit and Create), try changing your layout to something else and then back again...some versions (system setups) of 4.x have problems updating menus/layouts.

You were right, changing my set-up worked. Again, much thanks.
 Signature 

http://i.imgur.com/ubvCAVZ.png

Posted: 22 November 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 469 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2007-08-29
I took one of the examples with the program to start with in learning how to tweak, fiddle, and generally move and change things before starting to make it from scratch. When I attempted to save the hair, didn't work. When I attempted to save the scene I got an error and Studio crashed.

Just piddling, so ignore the character flaws- and I noticed as it rendered I must have pulled the hair over or didn't fit it to Genesis Male's head well enough since there's a space at the left side of his skull.
Image Attachments
hair_error.jpghair_one.jpg
 Signature 

http://i.imgur.com/ubvCAVZ.png

Posted: 22 November 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 470 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-10
DarwinsMishap - 22 November 2012 08:01 AM
I took one of the examples with the program to start with in learning how to tweak, fiddle, and generally move and change things before starting to make it from scratch. When I attempted to save the hair, didn't work. When I attempted to save the scene I got an error and Studio crashed.

Just piddling, so ignore the character flaws- and I noticed as it rendered I must have pulled the hair over or didn't fit it to Genesis Male's head well enough since there's a space at the left side of his skull.

Yes I had the same Problems...
I had to save thru the Pic I supplied...See if this works for You...
Image Attachments
DS4.5DP_.jpg
 Signature 

As Always B3D
My radio Station…
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=qm81447313#/
http://www.foleypromagic.com
http://www.michaelhershman.com
http://www.artwanted.com/foleypro
http://foleypro.deviantart.com/
http://home.comcast.net/~foleypro

Posted: 22 November 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 471 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Finally...

With the latest Beta, upgrading DS to 64 bit (yes, DS 64 bit is working rather nicely in Wine 1.5.14 and later...except 1.5.17....) I was able to not only not crash while editing, but get a render

Image Attachments
finally.jpg
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 22 November 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 472 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2009-05-09
Used three different Garibaldi Hair nodes for this one.....one for the facial hair, a second for the lower, shorter hair, and a third for the longer upper part. Still learning to utilize the specular, diffuse and ocular settings that comes with Garibaldi within Daz 4.5.....Only post work was adding reflection maps to eyes and upping color contrast and sharpness......
Image Attachments
Garibaldi_Male_Model_Wild_Final.jpg

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 473 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  0
My attempt to mimic the V5 ponytail.
Image Attachments
GaribaldiHair.jpg

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 474 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  441
Joined  2010-02-10
Hi,
Firstly I must say I absolutely love this plugin. I downloaded it today out of curiosity and I'm sold!
Thank you for bringing hair and fur to Daz Studio in such a straight forward way.

I'm not sure if its a noted issue but I did notice some crazy activity sometimes when I extend the length of the hair and immediately apply more curve to the hair, I have attached a screenshot of how the hair appeared in the Daz Studio preview window. The hair was fairly uniform before it went crazy.

Of course it just could be beginners error :D Im using the Mac 64bit version.

Strangely I liked the way it made this teddy bear appear kind of old and well loved.
This one rendered in less than half an hour with Uber environment set to max, a linear point light and spotlight both with Deep shadows applied.

See Bottom Pic.

Fantastic work on this!
Image Attachments
Crazyhair-Daz.jpgTeddy-Bear.jpg
 Signature 

Razor42 - DESIGN ANVIL

DESIGN ANVIL DAZ STORE  •  GALLERY  •  DESIGN ANVIL ON FACEHOOK

Posted: 23 November 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 475 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6134
Joined  2006-02-20
Razor 42 - 23 November 2012 12:35 AM
Hi,
Firstly I must say I absolutely love this plugin. I downloaded it today out of curiosity and I'm sold!
Thank you for bringing hair and fur to Daz Studio in such a straight forward way.

I'm not sure if its a noted issue but I did notice some crazy activity sometimes when I extend the length of the hair and immediately apply more curve to the hair, I have attached a screenshot of how the hair appeared in the Daz Studio preview window. The hair was fairly uniform before it went crazy.

Of course it just could be beginners error :D Im using the Mac 64bit version.

Strangely I liked the way it made this teddy bear appear kind of old and well loved.
This one rendered in less than half an hour with Uber environment set to max, a linear point light and spotlight both with Deep shadows applied.

See Bottom Pic.

Fantastic work on this!

Love, love, love it!
 Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 November 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 476 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  445
Joined  2008-06-25
Razor 42 - 23 November 2012 12:35 AM

Aww this is beyond cute!!

Gone - 22 November 2012 12:40 AM

--snip--
The image he has shown has to be one hair group since Garibaldi can ony deal with one group at a time. It would appear that all the hair in the "face" zone has been selected and combed forward while the hair in the "head" zone is currenly unselected and combed back. In this case, auto parting should tame the puff.

Thank you guys, I should try the auto-part setting! Just in case, this particular style was indeed built on a single hair node as an experiment in using selection lists. Using multiple nodes has its own advantages and disadvantages. I'd say combining several nodes is useful when you want a style with drastically different lengths since we don't have a "clippers" tool. Otherwise a single node with selection lists means no hassle with aligning density maps.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 477 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Mustakettu85 - 21 November 2012 01:46 PM
1. I'm on Vista SP2 32 bit, I run DS as admin. Unfortunately, I can't get disc cache to work at all - instant crashes to desktop on clicking "render" if it's enabled. Doesn't even offer me a chance to save a bug report.
2. As soon as the bucket hits a surface with raytraced AO or even raytraced reflection - the renderer generates a memory error and quits immediately. Max raytrace depth is set to 1. I think SSS does not create this error, but I gotta test again to make sure.

Are you using beta 7 with the disk caching?
Does it render ok without raytracing? Asking for ambient occlusion and raytraced reflection with complex geometry in 2GB of RAM plus all the overhead processes might be asking a little to much...
Not that it helps, but RAM pricing is now down below $5usd per GB.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 478 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
MrPoser - 21 November 2012 09:13 PM
it crashes after I close the color selection box.

Noted, I'll add it to the list of things to look into... Has worked ok in testing so far for me.
[ Edited: 23 November 2012 11:09 AM by futurebiscuit ]

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 479 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
Jeador - 21 November 2012 11:46 PM
Are there any tutes..preferably vids..on how to use Garibaldi? Dying to try it but not sure how to start. Thanks. Jackie

For all those waiting on better documentation...
As well as the constant bug fixing, improvements and optimizations, we are now in the progress of producing some in depth written documentation which should be available soon.

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 480 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
DarwinsMishap - 22 November 2012 08:01 AM
...I noticed as it rendered I must have pulled the hair over or didn't fit it to Genesis Male's head well enough since there's a space at the left side of his skull.

Can you check that the 'Parent Geometry' parameter on the garibaldi hair node is set to the correct geo?
I have a strong suspicion of why it crashed, I'll add it to the list of things.

32 of 77