21 of 77
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial] 
Posted: 08 November 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2010-08-03
Kerya - 08 November 2012 01:55 AM
Lord Crios - 08 November 2012 01:14 AM
I've installed it, but my PC is really weak to handle, and crash my DAZ. How can i disinstall it?

Go to your Dazstudio folder (the one with the program) and in the subfolder Uninstallers.

Yeah, or your add/remove windows control panel.

Posted: 08 November 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
SimonJM - 08 November 2012 05:02 AM
Installed the 0.5 beta ... Now, when loading a previously saved scene DS4.5 crashes.
Scenes created from fresh with current (0.5) version load fine.

Is this all scenes you saved in version beta4? Would it be possible for you to email me the scene your having issues with for me to debug the issue?
Thanks

Posted: 08 November 2012 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-03
fivecat - 08 November 2012 10:23 AM
I'm also not getting clumping to work as shown in the video.

Have a look at the notes in this post:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9943/P195/#157471
Also make sure you have a hair density map set for the amount texture for the clump deformer (normally the same map set the texture in the distrubution settings of the distribution workspace).

Posted: 08 November 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
This is seriously cool. Maybe I missed this, but when you're working in the Paint section, is there a way to erase part of what you have there?
 Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 08 November 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2286
Joined  2007-12-07
futurebiscuit - 08 November 2012 04:54 PM
SimonJM - 08 November 2012 05:02 AM
Installed the 0.5 beta ... Now, when loading a previously saved scene DS4.5 crashes.
Scenes created from fresh with current (0.5) version load fine.

Is this all scenes you saved in version beta4? Would it be possible for you to email me the scene your having issues with for me to debug the issue?
Thanks

I've only tried the one so far, not sure how many I might have. I'll try and remember to mail it to you.
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 08 November 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  624
Joined  2007-12-04
Alisa change the value setting in the paint tab to 0 - then repaint over the area you want to delete. That will erase the paint.
 Signature 

Follow me on facebook, check out my website or find my freebies here.
Don’t forget to have a look at The Wizard’s Library, my multi-figure Daz scene.

Posted: 08 November 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
Shaaelia - 08 November 2012 09:04 PM
Alisa change the value setting in the paint tab to 0 - then repaint over the area you want to delete. That will erase the paint.

Ah, excellent and easy - thanks!! smile
 Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 08 November 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
No worries, it took me a bit to figure that out. It's handy tho.
 Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2003-10-09
Yes, thank you for that bit of important info, Shaaelia. I have been just starting over, and over, and over when I make mistakes. This will be a great saver.
 Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 08 November 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
That's what I ended up doing. I kept painting ears and having hair coming out in all weird ways. Saves a lot of time smile
 Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
I am extremely jealous of all of you posting such great work, and exclaiming how easy it is, and how fast you accomplished your feats.

This has not been my experience, and I have been failing miserably. I find it hard, and very time consuming.

I look forward to some documentation, and tutorials to help out those of us struggling with this great plug-in.

O.K., James, here are some testing observations from me.

I know you don't really want requests right now, but I see a need for a couple of basic adjustment to some of the tools to help with production.

1. Can you make an allowance for the hair cutting tool to make straight cuts via key modifiers (CTRL, SHIFT, etc.)?

2. Within the scope of #1 above, will there be different view planes usable in the plug-in (front, side, top, etc.) including change in perspective/orthographic, and orbit banking?

I tried utilizing changes via DS to no avail, and found whatever pose I started Genesis in was set in stone in Garibaldi. Even changing Genesis back to T-pose would not reset the plug-in view-port.

I created and saved a base density map, but it refuses to work when I reload it onto a new Genesis (using same specs). It refuses to propagate the hair in the Distribute tab. Also, if I delete the the original Hair Density map, and then add a new Hair Density map (default, named the same) no hair will propagate in the Distribute tab as well. It seems to only work on the original Density map.

I would really like to create a couple of saved density maps to use across different projects. I find it tiresome to have to re-paint the same map over, and over again.

Here is my mediocre attempt at producing anything usable. I present to you all the greatest hairstyle of them all...

Behold, I give you "The Rat Tail": (Same hair, all three. No shadow maps for one on the left. I cheated...)

Image Attachments
TheRatTail.jpg
 Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  0
DaremoK3 - 08 November 2012 11:21 PM

I tried utilizing changes via DS to no avail, and found whatever pose I started Genesis in was set in stone in Garibaldi. Even changing Genesis back to T-pose would not reset the plug-in view-port.

I created and saved a base density map, but it refuses to work when I reload it onto a new Genesis (using same specs). It refuses to propagate the hair in the Distribute tab. Also, if I delete the the original Hair Density map, and then add a new Hair Density map (default, named the same) no hair will propagate in the Distribute tab as well. It seems to only work on the original Density map.

These were covered in earlier posts - though it may not have been obvious.

If you make changes to the pose or morphs in DS, then in Garibaldi set up screen there is a button at the bottom called "update surfaces". This will update Garibaldi with the new pose/morph information.

Density maps must be grey scale. If you save a density map via export, then when you import to a new Garibaldi node it must be brought in as grey and not colour. Colour is only for texture maps for the hair colour.

Posted: 09 November 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2007-11-26
Gone - 09 November 2012 12:28 AM

Density maps must be grey scale. If you save a density map via export, then when you import to a new Garibaldi node it must be brought in as grey and not colour. Colour is only for texture maps for the hair colour.

How do you import colour maps? When I am in the Paint window and select Import I get no options and the colour map I imported came in as grey and not coloured.
 Signature 

Please check out my new art gallery below
A New York based fine art gallery where I am showing a collection of my work

http://www.trilliumgallery.com/maynard-ellis.html

Also checkout my FAA gallery where I have a much larger sample of my art
FAA may appeal to many artists here as they offer a great service for artists to sell prints of their work

http://maynard-ellis.fineartamerica.com

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Gone:

Thank you very much. I think I remember that being said, but forgot when I was working. I kept trying the "house", and "target" buttons at the top of screen thinking those were what was mentioned as the solution. I will seek out the "update surfaces" button at the bottom.

Regarding the maps, yes, I know the differences, and I am using the one (1024 grey PNG) saved by Garibaldi. But, you clued me into something I did not think of checking. Perhaps they ended up 24 bit color instead of 8 bit grey. I will check, make any necessary changes, and try again. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

MangeyDesigner:

That's how I created my base density map. Via V4's default 1024 "purple bikini" with hair diffuse map. It is kind of a pain to load (as noted by fivecat), but due to her testing, and insight I was able to get it to load.

The trick is to NOT create a new color map before you import a color map, and you don't actually select an image (at first). You select the folder containing the image you would like to import, and then Garibaldi allows you to select an image, and will give you a drop down selection box where you can select color, and name your map. I hope this helps...

*EDITS: For general stoopidity...
[ Edited: 09 November 2012 02:34 AM by DaremoK3 ]
 Signature 

Ken

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4868
Joined  2009-02-26
Wow, this looks brilliant! So happy it's also for PC now! smile - Just waiting for my auto email from the site to get started. My genesis characters are in desperation for some realistic and cool styled hair! smile
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

21 of 77