It's very similar to Carrara so I had no trouble getting started.
I would have posted a sample but for some reason the hair stopped appearing in renders and conforming to Genesis after something I did. Also for some reason I could not get the clumping to do anything.
- Symmetry wherever it makes sense
- Hair length brush
- Select brush (more convenient than the current rectangle select)
- Tool to reset selected hairs, or reset brush (edit: looks like this can be done with surface attract)
- Configurable undo limits
- Option to exclude hair from raytracing (edit: apparently there is something already, I just don't know what it does)
- Some sort of safeguards against excessive memory usage. 64 bit apps can easily bring the system down because Windows is utterly useless in controlling unruly applications. I had to reset my computer after fiddling with a setting without knowing what it does :oops:
Looking forward to further developments, so far this looks very promising
I concur with araneldon. I would like symmetry in both the paint, style, and tweak sections.
I like the concept of a selection brush but would also like a select all and a deselect all button.
I had a strange problem with the paint and distribute section in that there was a visible line where hair was not created and I painted and repainted the areas but to no avail. The hairless line was along a section where the face uv map and the body uv map meet.